Having read through this whole thread, I can't help but wonder, like Shanghaiski, why you're here. (And don't say for the same reason that I am, because you don't know why I am here). I speculate about several possible reasons that you may be here and I'd be sincerely interested to know from you if any of them are correct:
1. To bash Orthodoxy and organized religion in general
2. To sway Orthodox away from the Church
3. To be convinced, through a kind of perverse argumentative process, of the truth of Orthodoxy and/or organized religion in general
4. To ask for help without actually coming out and asking for it
5. To just argue for the sake of it
6. All of the above
7. None of the above--if so, just why *are* you here on this board, having started this thread?
Just a few thoughts.