OrthodoxChristianity.net
October 23, 2014, 12:06:47 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: practical help in discussing with you Orthodox  (Read 661 times) Average Rating: 0
David Young
OC.net guru

Faith: Baptist
Jurisdiction: local church, Wrexham, Wales

2012, Presbyterian chapel, Nantyr

« on: March 01, 2012, 06:39:08 PM »

I had a brief computer problem, now solved, but some settings have been lost. Years ago, one of you (ialmisry??) told me how to set the software so that the text doesn't jump about when I get below the bottom of the window for text. That setting has gone, and now I can't ramble on as long as I used to, as it no longer scrolls down! Can anyone remind me what to do to stop it happening?

"But if you bite and devour one another, take heed that you are not consumed by one another." Galatians 5.15
Ortho_cat
Protokentarchos

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: AOCA-DWMA

« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2012, 06:41:51 PM »

hmm have u asked your priest? Wink

j/k i think it had something to do with compatibility mode next to the url window, are you using IE brower?
David Young
OC.net guru

« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2012, 04:42:00 AM »

hmm have u asked your priest? Wink

j/k i think it had something to do with compatibility mode next to the url window, are you using IE brower?

I am a priest.  Wink

But I'll ask a computerate friend about URL, IE etc - unless whoever told me exactly what to do before my settings were lost responds again (or someone else who knows the exact changes I need to make).

Thank you... keep the replies coming, and you've no idea how long my posts may one day become.

"But if you bite and devour one another, take heed that you are not consumed by one another." Galatians 5.15
David Young
OC.net guru

« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2012, 10:05:48 AM »

This post on a previous thread from someone else expresses the same problem - but what is the answer?

From the response page, I start typing my response, but when my response gets beyond the limits of the viewport (that ~1" x 5" input screen), the text keeps jumping up and down.  What I mean is that the viewport isn't synchronizing with my typing. The cursor remains where I am typing, but the view keeps jumping back to the point where the text limit was reached for the viewport.

I've gotten in the habit of using a separate text editor and then just cutting and pasting, but it is so time-consuming to type in formatting tags.

I participate in several forums on the I-net, and this is the only one that has this problem (for me, anyway), so I suspect it's not my browser.

« Last Edit: March 02, 2012, 10:06:14 AM by David Young » Logged

witega
Is it enough now, to tell you you matter?
OC.net guru

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Diocese of the South

« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2012, 10:29:44 AM »

This post on a previous thread from someone else expresses the same problem - but what is the answer?

From the response page, I start typing my response, but when my response gets beyond the limits of the viewport (that ~1" x 5" input screen), the text keeps jumping up and down.  What I mean is that the viewport isn't synchronizing with my typing. The cursor remains where I am typing, but the view keeps jumping back to the point where the text limit was reached for the viewport.

I've gotten in the habit of using a separate text editor and then just cutting and pasting, but it is so time-consuming to type in formatting tags.

I participate in several forums on the I-net, and this is the only one that has this problem (for me, anyway), so I suspect it's not my browser.

Actually, I have the same problem when posting from work, where I have Microsoft Explorer installed, but not on my home computer where I use Firefox. So I suspect it is the browser--and hope you get an answer.

edit: that is, I suspect it is the browser's interaction with this particular board's code.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2012, 10:58:42 AM by witega » Logged

Ariel Starling - New album

For it were better to suffer everything, rather than divide the Church of God. Even martyrdom for the sake of preventing division would not be less glorious than for refusing to worship idols. - St. Dionysius the Great
Aindriú
Faster! Funnier!
Protokentarchos

Faith: Cynical
Jurisdiction: Vestibule of Hell

« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2012, 10:37:49 AM »

I am a priest.  Wink

Just to make sure you keep coming back:
http://www.orthodoxchristianity.net/forum/index.php/topic,43036.msg712608.html#msg712608   
Re: We are all Priests offering spiritual sacrifices to God

I'm going to need this.
Peter J
Formerly PJ
Taxiarches

Faith: Melkite

« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2012, 10:49:56 AM »

I was going to say, Try using a different browser, like Chrome or Firefox. But it seems witega has beaten me to it.

- Peter Jericho (a CAF poster)
Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: