Author Topic: Collaborative Efforts In Studies: EO and OO  (Read 290 times)

Offline Seraffa

• Monastic by Charism, Mother by Birth(s), Presvytera by Marriage; Lord, Graciously Make Me Worthy!
  • "Headless" is not a big deal, because Jesus IS.
  • Faith: Eastern Orthodox
  • Jurisdiction: G.O.A. of N. America
Collaborative Efforts In Studies: EO and OO
« on: February 04, 2016, 06:22:47 PM »
Maybe this would be a useful sticky --
Here is only one listing I have found about COLLABORATIVE efforts in studies but I would like to find others, especially to become knowledgeable about Clergy/scholars that are reunification-friendly:
https://oca.org/news/headline-news/st.-vladimirs-seminary-press-launches-coptic-studies-series

What about others?

Beauty Old yet ever New;
Eternal Voice and inward Word.
But above all things -- Truth beareth away the Victory.
(Whitman)

Offline Seraffa

• Monastic by Charism, Mother by Birth(s), Presvytera by Marriage; Lord, Graciously Make Me Worthy!
Re: Collaborative Efforts In Studies: EO and OO
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2016, 11:58:19 PM »
Although not strictly STUDIES, here is a big article showing plans for Studies are in the future works (capitalization mine): http://theorthodoxchurch.info/blog/news/?p=46091

"At its first meeting, the Commission set priority goals for developing in the nearest future cooperation between the Russian Orthodox Church and the Coptic Church in ACADEMIC sphere, in theology, in exploring monastic traditions of the two Churches, in pilgrimage, in social ministry and church-state relations."
Beauty Old yet ever New;
(Whitman)

Offline Tonedawg

• Faith: Oriental Orthodox
  • Jurisdiction: Coptic Orthodox
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2016, 02:06:13 AM »
I was going to mention Father John McGukin, who is the author of St. Cyril and the christological controversy, and "on the unity of Christ" by St. Cyril. He's pretty pro-reunion. In him you have a theologian who understands what Cyril meant and said by using the term "one nature". Here is a lecture that he gave at St. Vladimir university regarding St. Cyril. http://www.ancientfaith.com/podcasts/svsvoices/our_common_father_saint_cyril
“How needful the human being is of service of the spirit, in an age where materialism, atheism, apostasy and deviant intellectual trends prevail. How needful people are to see Christ in our lives and to smell His sweet fragrance in us." St. Kyrillos (Cyril) VI

Offline RaphaCam

• President of Canada
  • OC.net guru
  • Hieromartyr Irenaeus
    • Facebook - A Bíblia Ilustrada
  • Faith: Orthodox
  • Jurisdiction: Church of Poland - Archeparchy of Brazil
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2016, 10:38:32 AM »
This will be really helpful in my studies. I'd like to get more resources from the Armenians and Syriacs though, but it seems the Copts are more productive online.
Only-begotten Son and Logos of God, being immortal, you condescended for our salvation to take flesh from the holy Theotokos and ever-virgin Mary and, without change, became man. Christ, our God, you were crucified and conquered death by death. Being one with the Holy Trinity, glorified with the Father and the Holy Spirit: save us.

Offline Seraffa

« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2016, 07:09:32 PM »
I was going to mention Father John McGukin, who is the author of St. Cyril and the christological controversy, and "on the unity of Christ" by St. Cyril. He's pretty pro-reunion. In him you have a theologian who understands what Cyril meant and said by using the term "one nature". Here is a lecture that he gave at St. Vladimir university regarding St. Cyril. http://www.ancientfaith.com/podcasts/svsvoices/our_common_father_saint_cyril

Thank you! ;D
Beauty Old yet ever New;
(Whitman)