OrthodoxChristianity.net
November 23, 2014, 01:10:45 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: I Finally Feel Accepted :)  (Read 342 times) Average Rating: 0
JamesR
Virginal Chicano Blood
Warned
Taxiarches

Faith: Eastern Orthodox (but doubtful)
Jurisdiction: Orthodox Church *of* America

St. Augustine of Hippo pray for me!

« on: February 28, 2012, 03:38:49 PM »

The other day on Sunday after the Liturgy we had the Forgiveness Vespers at my Parish and it was an amazing experience for a catechumen like me. I earlier made a thread explaining how I felt like I did not really fit into my Church and people only were nice to me because I was a guest. However, ever since the Forgiveness Vespers I truly feel accepted into the Church and loved by everyone, even the people I barely knew. We all bowed down before each other asking for forgiveness, and it felt so spiritually intimate and special, I felt so loved and accepted. It was like all of us, despite the fact that some of us barely knew each other, were all closest family members who had known each other forever. I could feel the sincerity in everyone, and I feel like I have now become connected with the people in my Church on a different, deeper more spiritual level now rather than just nice acquantances. They are now a part of my family, even though we barely know each other. We already know all that we need to know about each other; we are all Children of God.

I just wanted to share this, I feel really content right now and I credit this change to all of the prayers and guidance I received from many of the members here. Thank you everyone Smiley

You're really on to something here. Tattoo to keep you from masturbating, chew to keep you from fornicating... it's a whole new world where you outsource your crosses. You're like a Christian entrepreneur or something.
James, you have problemz.
Ortho_cat
Protokentarchos

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: AOCA-DWMA

« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2012, 03:42:22 PM »

I had a similar experience at my first forgiveness vespers also...what a blessing Smiley
akimori makoto
Archon

Faith: Non-heretical Christian
Jurisdiction: Fully-sik-hektic archdiocese of Australia, bro

No-one bound by fleshly pleasures is worthy ...

« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2012, 03:48:44 PM »

Glory to God!

The Episcopallian road is easy and wide, for many go through it to find destruction. lol sorry channeling Isa.
Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: