Author Topic: Matthew Heimbach's Beliefs in Relation to Orthodoxy (Split from Re: Buffered and Porous Selves)  (Read 9805 times)

Offline Antonious Nikolas

• Orthodox Christian, Miaphysite
  • Protokentarchos
  • Saint Nicholas the Wonderworker, Bishop of Myra
    • Return to Orthodoxy
  • Faith: Orthodox Christian
  • Jurisdiction: Oriental Orthodox Church
Well, Zornie over here has been already condemned for being a "racist", a "neonazi", an "internet tough guy" - a hooligan of some sort - and a disrupter of peace in this forum. Now he's apparently illiterate.

And referring to himself in the third person!

Tell me, wise judge, what should be my punishment?

You have to go back and re-read all of your own posts from page one.  That's punishment enough for anyone.
Worship is theology, so a church which brings Evangelical and Charismatic "praise & worship" into its corporate life is no longer Orthodox.  It is, by definition, heterodox.  Those "Orthodox" leaders who make theological arguments for the incorporation of heteropraxis into the life of the Church are heretics.

http://returntoorthodoxy.com/

Offline Svartzorn

• High Elder
  • Jurisdiction: Greek A.Diocese of B. Aires & S. America
Don't be a smart-ass, give me some real punishment, dear!
Death to the world dodos.

Offline Iconodule

• Professor of Cryptopatristics at Miskatonic University
  • Toumarches
  • Monsters from the Id
  • Jurisdiction: Ecumenical Patriarchate (ACROD)
My theory is that Svartzorn's grandfather moved to Brazil from Germany circa 1945.
Did you get this from that old movie "The Boys from Brazil."?????

Never saw it. But loads of Nazis escaping to South America is a real thing.
But it had not been in Tess's power - nor is it in anybody's power - to feel the whole truth of golden opinions while it is possible to profit by them. She - and how many more - might have ironically said to God with Saint Augustine, "Thou hast counselled a better course than thou hast permitted."
Thomas Hardy, Tess of the D'Urbervilles

• Protokentarchos
    • Return to Orthodoxy
Worship is theology, so a church which brings Evangelical and Charismatic "praise & worship" into its corporate life is no longer Orthodox.  It is, by definition, heterodox.  Those "Orthodox" leaders who make theological arguments for the incorporation of heteropraxis into the life of the Church are heretics.

Offline mike

• A sexual pervert with limited English reading comprehension
  • Protostrator
  • Polish Laser Jesus shooting down schismatics
  • Faith: Christian
  • Jurisdiction: Diocese of Białystok and Gdańsk

Svartzy at the dentist.

Been to a dentist today. Had 2 teeth removed. Not funny. At all.
Hyperdox Herman, Eastern Orthodox Christian News - fb, Eastern Orthodox Christian News - tt

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes? Who can watch the watchmen?
"No one is paying attention to your post reports"
Why do posters that claim to have me blocked keep sending me pms and responding to my posts? That makes no sense.

Offline Svartzorn

• High Elder
I didn't get the dentist thing.
But I guess that if I'm Bill Murray, that's cool.
Now BM is really funny, you told me I wasn't funny at all. I smell nonsense. Where are you going with this, mister?

@mike: praise God. There was this time I had to remove 4 teeth at once. Some hardcore stuff. I even got stitches.

British profanity removed - Pravoslavbob
« Last Edit: December 13, 2016, 01:56:30 PM by Pravoslavbob »

• Protokentarchos
    • Return to Orthodoxy
I didn't get the dentist thing.
But I guess that if I'm Bill Murray, that's cool.
Now BM is really funny, you told me I wasn't funny at all. I smell nonsense. Where are you going with this, mister?

You really need this explained to you?  Perhaps there is a cultural miscommunication going on here.

You said:

Which freaked me the heck out and repulsed me.  It sounds a lot like something which might come out of the mouth of a masochistic freak like Bill Murray's character in the linked scene.  Maybe I should've gone with the gimp from Pulp Fiction - which seems a little closer to the mark here -  but I thought LSOH was a little more oc.net appropriate.  ;)

But yeah, Bill Murray is awesome.  You're right about that.  See, we're finding common ground now.  :)
« Last Edit: December 13, 2016, 01:40:18 PM by Pravoslavbob »

Offline Svartzorn

• High Elder
I always say I'm responsible for what I say, not for what people understand.
But... yeeeeaaaaah... I didn't mean any kinky thing. And I was late to grasp that the scene was going kindda sexual in a masochistic fashion (did it go that way?) because I lack social skills.

But it's always good to find common ground anyhow. ;)

• Protokentarchos
    • Return to Orthodoxy
I always say I'm responsible for what I say, not for what people understand.
But... yeeeeaaaaah... I didn't mean any kinky thing.

Well, in the English-speaking world, men don't call one another "dear" very often.  I know it's different in other languages/cultures.  I get called habibi all the time by Egyptian men, which of course is roughly equivalent to dear, but I can't really picture any white North American calling another dude "dear", except maybe Paul Lynde or Rip Taylor.  But hey, Svartzy, no harm no foul!

And I was late to grasp that the scene was going kindda sexual in a masochistic fashion (did it go that way?)

Only for Murray, not for Martin.

because I lack social skills.

Well observed!  And you get points for honesty!  ;)

But it's always good to find common ground anyhow. ;)

True.  Let's all put a little love in our hearts.  ;D

Offline Svartzorn

• High Elder

Offline mike

• Protostrator
@mike: praise God. There was this time I had to remove 4 teeth at once. Some hardcore stuff. I even got stitches.

I have stiches as well. And following two to get removed next month.
Hyperdox Herman, Eastern Orthodox Christian News - fb, Eastern Orthodox Christian News - tt

Why do posters that claim to have me blocked keep sending me pms and responding to my posts? That makes no sense.

Offline Svartzorn

• High Elder
Take a break from smoking and suck on some ice. Some recommend ice cream, but I think you may risk an infection.
My stitches were meant to be dissolved, so I didn't need to have them removed.
I wish you all the best.

Offline mike

• Protostrator

Offline Agabus

• The user formerly known as Agabus.
  • Section Moderator
  • Protokentarchos
My stitches were meant to be dissolved, so I didn't need to have them removed.

I had one that never did. It felt weird (though not bad) when it busted out a couple of years later.
Blessed Nazarius practiced the ascetic life. His clothes were tattered. He wore his shoes without removing them for six years.

THE OPINIONS HERE MAY NOT REFLECT THE ACTUAL OR PERCEIVED ORTHODOX CHURCH

Offline Orest

• OC.net guru

Been to a dentist today. Had 2 teeth removed. Not funny. At all.
Two teeth at the same time: I can't believe you have the ability to actually type with all the swelling & pain.  I know you will feel even worse tomorrow & I have only had one tooth pulled at a time.  Except for when I had my 4 wisdom teeth out all together-but in a hospital with general anesthetic so I was out cold.

• Protokentarchos
    • Return to Orthodoxy
You guys are a bunch of punks.  I had all four wisdom teeth pulled out in one shot too, with stitches, the whole nine.  Plus, one of them crumbled apart and the doc really had to do some slashing and digging to root out the remains.  Big deal.  I ate eggs and Ensure shakes for a week - and ice cream (no infection) - and in no time at all I was back on normal food.  Just keep the ice pack on your face, rinse the wounds out with that syringe thing and salt water, stay away from chewy stuff and rice type stuff that can get stuck in there, and you'll be back on your feet in no time.  I went to work two days after the surgery.  No big deal.

Oh, and go to an oral surgeon, not a regular dentist, if you have any choice at all.

Offline DeniseDenise

• Taxiarches
  • This place holds to nothing....
  • Faith: Does it matter?
  • Jurisdiction: Unverifiable, so irrelevant
You guys are a bunch of punks.  I had all four wisdom teeth pulled out in one shot too, with stitches, the whole nine.  Plus, one of them crumbled apart and the doc really had to do some slashing and digging to root out the remains.  Big deal.  I ate eggs and Ensure shakes for a week - and ice cream (no infection) - and in no time at all I was back on normal food.  Just keep the ice pack on your face, rinse the wounds out with that syringe thing and salt water, stay away from chewy stuff and rice type stuff that can get stuck in there, and you'll be back on your feet in no time.  I went to work two days after the surgery.  No big deal.

Oh, and go to an oral surgeon, not a regular dentist, if you have any choice at all.

This.....i only had two out but I couldn't even get stitches because i was leaving for a year in the Amazon a week later....so i had to tough it out and just rinse obsessively.

All opinions expressed by myself are quite tragically my own, and not those of any other poster or wall hangings.

Offline Elisha

• Protokentarchos

This.....i only had two out but I couldn't even get stitches because i was leaving for a year in the Amazon a week later....so i had to tough it out and just rinse obsessively.

+1 here.  I only had my upper wisdom teeth out (partially impacted), but it wasn't so bad.  A coworker said she was "out" (of the office, not feeling well) for a week.  I was like, WTF!  After.   Just not that bad, albeit sore.  The place wasn't the friendliest - seemed more for medicare types and like that made customer service and friendliness an irrelevant business concept.  I kinda felt used and abused, but it got the job done.  I was given some vicodin type of prescription, but ended up only taking a few pills and stuck to ibuprofen mainly.  It happened in the morning and I took the rest of the day and the next off of work, but felt I could've gone back the same day if really needed (even if I would've felt a bit miserable).  I only had local anesthesia though and I hear that if you "go under", the recovery is longer/tougher.  But I don't know.

Offline wgw

• All scorpions must DIE!!!
  • Taxiarches
  • This icon is of St. Athansius.
  • Jurisdiction: Orthodox

I alas have a major dental procedure of this sort pending due to an improperly racked computer falling on my face.  The damage was sufficiently severe to warrant either bridgework or a partial denture.
Axios and many years to you, Fr. Trenham!

Offline RaphaCam

• Holy Martyr Mercurius
  • Archon
  • Please pray for my family and for myself
  • Faith: Orthodox
  • Jurisdiction: Exarchate of Gotham City
I alas have a major dental procedure of this sort pending due to an improperly racked computer falling on my face.  The damage was sufficiently severe to warrant either bridgework or a partial denture.
I laughed so hard I probably woke someone up. I hope your major dental procedure of this sort is warranted to be alright.
"He that dwelleth in the secret place of the most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty." (Psalm 90:1)

Check my blog "Em Espírito e em Verdade" (in Portuguese). Last article: Fontes de fé da Igreja Ortodoxa