Author Topic: Deadly bombing in Seruc (Sarugh), north of Turkish border  (Read 126 times)

Offline Minnesotan

• Archon
  • From the Land of 10,000 Lakes
Deadly bombing in Seruc (Sarugh), north of Turkish border
« on: July 20, 2015, 09:39:26 PM »
An apparent suicide bombing ripped through a rally Monday in the Turkish border town of Suruc, killing at least 31 people, Deputy Prime Minister Numan Kurtulmus said.

At least 100 others were wounded, provincial Gov. Izzettin Kucuk told Turkish media.

The explosion occurred at midday at the Amara Cultural Park in Suruc, where a group had gathered calling for more help to rebuild the Syrian Kurdish city of Kobani, CNN Turk reported.

ISIL is almost certainly responsible. More here.
I'm not going to be posting as much on OC.Net as before. I might stop in once in a while though. But I've come to realize that real life is more important.

Offline minasoliman

• Mr., Sir, Dude, Guy, Male, tr. Minas in Greek, Menes in white people Egyptologists :-P
  • Hoplitarches
  • Strengthen O Lord the work of Your hands(Is 19:25)
Re: Deadly bombing in Seruc (Sarugh), north of Turkish border
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2015, 09:41:58 PM »
Isn't that the same city that was given to Metropolitan Anthony Bloom as a titular see?
Vain existence can never exist, for "unless the LORD builds the house, the builders labor in vain." (Psalm 127)

If the faith is unchanged and rock solid, then the gates of Hades never prevailed in the end.

Offline Minnesotan

• Archon
  • From the Land of 10,000 Lakes
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2015, 09:43:54 PM »
No; Sourozh (now Sudak) is a city in the Crimea.

Seruc was the home of the Syriac St. Jacob of Sarugh.
I'm not going to be posting as much on OC.Net as before. I might stop in once in a while though. But I've come to realize that real life is more important.

Offline Severian

• Lord Jesus Christ, have mercy on me and help my unbelief!
  • Taxiarches
  • The Patriarch Saint Severus of Antioch
    • St. Jacob Baradeus' Orthodox Christian Fellowship
  • Faith: Christian
  • Jurisdiction: (Coptic) Orthodox Church of Alexandria
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2015, 09:54:01 PM »
No; Sourozh (now Sudak) is a city in the Crimea.

Seruc was the home of the Syriac St. Jacob of Sarugh.
Indeed

The Turks have been playing with fire since 2011, it only makes sense they're beginning to get burned.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2015, 09:54:11 PM by Severian »
These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world. -The Lord Jesus

The Saviour is made of elements which are distinct from one another yet He is not two Persons. God forbid! For both natures are one by the combination. -St. Gregory Nazianzen

Offline Iconodule

• Uranopolitan
  • Merarches
  • "My god is greater."
  • Faith: Orthodox Christian
  • Jurisdiction: Ecumenical Patriarchate (ACROD)
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2015, 10:05:32 PM »
The Turks have been playing with fire since 2011, it only makes sense they're beginning to get burned.

Uh, the victims here were Kurds and leftist sympathizers of the YPG. The exact people who have been doing to most to fight ISIL.

Offline Severian

• Taxiarches
« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2015, 10:08:45 PM »

Uh, the victims here were Kurds and leftist sympathizers of the YPG. The exact people who have been doing to most to fight ISIL.
I was referring to the country/territory itself. Erdogan has been giving logistical support the insurgent fighting in Syria since 2011, now they're attacking at his doorstep and innocents are getting hurt. The fruits of neo-Ottomanism I suppose. But we're not in the politics board, so I'll stop while I'm ahead.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2015, 10:10:30 PM by Severian »
These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world. -The Lord Jesus

The Saviour is made of elements which are distinct from one another yet He is not two Persons. God forbid! For both natures are one by the combination. -St. Gregory Nazianzen

Offline Iconodule

• Uranopolitan
  • Merarches
  • "My god is greater."
  • Faith: Orthodox Christian
  • Jurisdiction: Ecumenical Patriarchate (ACROD)
« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2015, 10:10:40 PM »
Turkey is not "burned" by the slaughter of YPG supporters. They may very well have looked the other way or even helped the bomber get it.

Offline Severian

• Taxiarches
« Reply #7 on: July 20, 2015, 10:12:48 PM »
Turkey is not "burned" by the slaughter of YPG supporters. They may very well have looked the other way or even helped the bomber get it.
Perhaps. But Turkey will deeply regret supporting these terrorists, all things in due time, I suppose.

Ah screw it, good night.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2015, 10:14:07 PM by Severian »