OrthodoxChristianity.net
September 21, 2014, 02:10:18 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Greek translation please!  (Read 694 times)
jckstraw72
OC.net guru

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: OCA

« on: February 22, 2012, 10:03:24 PM »

could someone please translate this for me puhlease?!?!

Γέροντα ΠΑΪΣΙΟΣ - τελώνια;

- Γέροντα, μια ψυχή που φεύγει από αυτήν την ζωή τακτοποιημένη θα περάση από τα τελώνια;

- Όταν μια ψυχή είναι τακτοποιημένη και ανεβαίνη στον Ουρανό, δεν μπορούν τα ταγκαλάκια να την πειράξουν. Ενώ, αν δεν είναι τακτοποιημένη, βασανίζεται από τα ταγκαλάκια. Μερικές φορές μάλιστα ο Θεός επιτρέπει να βλέπη τα τελώνια η ψυχή του ανθρώπου που έχει χρέη, την ώρα που ψυχορραγεί, για να βοηθήση εμάς που θα ζήσουμε ακόμη, ώστε να αγωνισθούμε να εξοφλήσουμε εδώ τα χρέη μας. Θυμάστε το γεγονός με την Θεοδώρα; Οικονομάει δηλαδή να βλέπουν μερικοί ορισμένα πράγματα, για να βοηθηθούν οι άλλοι και να μετανοήσουν. Στον βίο του Οσίου Ευφροσύνου λ.χ. διαβάζουμε ότι ο Ηγούμενος, μετά από το όραμα που είδε, βρέθηκε με τα μήλα στο χέρι, για να τα δουν οι άλλοι και να βοηθηθούν.

γ.ΠΑΪΣΙΟΣ
Nikolaostheservant
High Elder

Faith: greek orthodox
Jurisdiction: christian

« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2012, 11:24:05 PM »

could someone please translate this for me puhlease?!?!

Γέροντα ΠΑΪΣΙΟΣ - τελώνια;

- Γέροντα, μια ψυχή που φεύγει από αυτήν την ζωή τακτοποιημένη θα περάση από τα τελώνια;
  Elder, a sole that departs from this life ready will pass by the demons.

- Όταν μια ψυχή είναι τακτοποιημένη και ανεβαίνη στον Ουρανό, δεν μπορούν τα ταγκαλάκια να την πειράξουν. Ενώ, αν
   when a sole is ready and rises to the sky, the demons cant bother her.  But if
δεν είναι τακτοποιημένη, βασανίζεται από τα ταγκαλάκια. Μερικές φορές μάλιστα ο Θεός επιτρέπει να βλέπη τα τελώνια η
she is not ready, the demons will torment her. Sometimes God alowes the demons to be seen to the

ψυχή του ανθρώπου που έχει χρέη, την ώρα που ψυχορραγεί, για να βοηθήση εμάς που θα ζήσουμε ακόμη, ώστε να
soul of the person who has debts, at the tiime of death, to help us who will live on, so that

αγωνισθούμε να εξοφλήσουμε εδώ τα χρέη μας. Θυμάστε το γεγονός με την Θεοδώρα; Οικονομάει δηλαδή να βλέπουν
we work to pay our wordly debts. Remember the story with Θεοδώρα; it profits to see

μερικοί ορισμένα πράγματα, για να βοηθηθούν οι άλλοι και να μετανοήσουν. Στον βίο του Οσίου Ευφροσύνου λ.χ.
certain things, to help others and to repent.  In the life  of saint Ευφροσύνου λ.χ.

διαβάζουμε ότι ο Ηγούμενος, μετά από το όραμα που είδε, βρέθηκε με τα μήλα στο χέρι, για να τα δουν οι άλλοι και να
we read that the monk, after the vision he saw, he found himself with the apples in hand, so he can give them to the otheres so that

βοηθηθούν.
they are helped.

γ.ΠΑΪΣΙΟΣ

Perfect, im working on my Greek, trying to get back up to speed with reading and writing.
A few words i did not know i was able to ask my mother who is neer by.
Note: it is not a word for word translation, i dont think thats possible. Some sentences need to be rearranged in order to make it readable in english.
here i go, im gona time myself to see how long it takes.

Thanks i hope this helps you, it helped me practice my greek.
Let me know if something that does not make sense to you
« Last Edit: February 22, 2012, 11:38:16 PM by Nikolaostheservant » Logged
jckstraw72
OC.net guru

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: OCA

« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2012, 11:33:24 PM »

thank you! that is a great help!
Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: