OrthodoxChristianity.net
April 23, 2014, 02:31:56 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The Rules page has been updated.  Please familiarize yourself with its contents!

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Orthodox relationship or dating books/advice  (Read 977 times) Average Rating: 0
spiltteeth

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: ACROD

« on: February 21, 2012, 06:58:53 PM »

Hello, I converted to the Orthodox Church over a year ago and was looking for some books or blogs or something about dating. Surprisingly I could only find one short book :

Heaven Help the Single Christian: Thomas Ruthford

Basically I'm a recovering addict and have avoided women for years. Now a fellow recovering addict and I are gonna give it a try. We're both emotionally broken people, in our early 30's, and have no idea what we're doing.

Plus she's secular and doesn't know I'm Christian....soooo I could use all the help I can get!  Thanks !
orthonorm
Hoplitarches

« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2012, 08:05:39 PM »

Don't.

EDIT: That is the short answer. For the longer answer which has a "however", see my forth coming book.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2012, 08:06:42 PM by orthonorm » Logged

Gradually fading away on a strict punishment schedule.
William
Protokentarchos

Faith: Netodox
Jurisdiction: OC.net

Work hard, pray hard.

« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2012, 08:47:13 PM »

I don't know nothin' about women, but it's probably best to get out in the open soon that you're a practicing Christian. You don't have to awkwardly blurt it out, just slip it into a conversation at some time when it's relevant.

I wish you'd all just shut up. Then at least you would appear to be wise. - Job 13:5 ISV
spiltteeth

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: ACROD

« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2012, 10:41:38 PM »

Don't.

EDIT: That is the short answer. For the longer answer which has a "however", see my forth coming book.

Compelling as this advice is, I feel that I may need reasons to back it up when I tell her dude on net said don't. Women.... so how forth is the coming of yr book? 
That person
OC.net guru

Faith: Orthodox Catechumen
Jurisdiction: Antiochian Orthodox Christian Archdiocese of North America

Long live Commie Superman

« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2012, 11:08:22 PM »

Don't.

Man, your book's gonna be freaking enormous with all the subject matter your fans anticipate you covering.

"Some have such command of their bowels, that they can break wind continuously at pleasure, so as to produce the effect of singing."- St. Augustine of Hippo

Movie reviews you can trust.
NicholasMyra
Taxiarches

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Antiochian/Greek

Avowed denominationalist

« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2012, 11:26:09 PM »

I don't know nothin' about women, but it's probably best to get out in the open soon that you're a practicing Christian. You don't have to awkwardly blurt it out, just slip it into a conversation at some time when it's relevant.

So, the other day, I was observing the stringent fasting regimen that you'd have to adopt in order for us to marry, and I got to thinking about why it's called 'Pop Secret' popcorn. I think it's supposed to be like "Top Secret", but a pun.

What are you doing tomorrow night? This afternoon? Where are you walking away to right now?
« Last Edit: February 21, 2012, 11:27:01 PM by NicholasMyra » Logged

"...you are the orphan, not the protagonist."

-St. Seraphim of Vyritsa, 'This was from me'
Thomas
Archon

Faith: Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Antiochian

« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2012, 11:30:13 PM »

I am closing this topic as not appropraite to the Convert Issues forum in  view ofthe non-serious responses provided.

Thomas
 Convert Issues Forum Moderator

Your brother in Christ ,
Thomas
Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: