OrthodoxChristianity.net
September 22, 2014, 08:29:35 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 »  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Nicki Minaj's Grammy Performace Mocks Catholicism / Satanists mocking Icons @ the Grammy Awards?  (Read 7102 times) Average Rating: 0
yeshuaisiam
Protokentarchos

Faith: Orthodox, Anabaptist, Other Early Christianity kind of jumbled together

A pulling horse cannot kick.

« on: February 13, 2012, 08:33:36 PM »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=roPnQjB5EEg  (first 20 seconds or so in the background)

Also note the masonic pillars.

It is my opinion much of the music industry incorporates satanic & masonic rituals in their "entertainment programming".

I'm curious what other people's opinions are?

I learned how to be more frugal and save money at http://www.livingpress.com
KBN1
High Elder

Faith: EO
Jurisdiction: OCA

« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2012, 08:48:09 PM »

The conspiracy theorist in me certainly thought the same thing.
Iconodule
Uranopolitan
Taxiarches

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: OCA (Diocese of Eastern Pennsylvania)

"My god is greater."

« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2012, 08:50:02 PM »

What makes the pillars particularly masonic?

It is my opinion much of the music industry incorporates satanic & masonic rituals in their "entertainment programming".

That would involve too much intelligence. You could say that they worship stupidity, which is satanic in its own way. If the entertainment industry really were controlled by a vast Satanic cult, it would be much easier to identify Satan's influence in the world. He's more clever than you give him credit for. He works best through lame, banal crap that permeates everyday life. To be a disciple of Satan doesn't require any rituals or incantations, you just need to engage in self-worship and there are endless varieties to choose from.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2012, 08:50:42 PM by Iconodule » Logged

"A riddle or the cricket's cry
Is to doubt a fit reply." - William Blake
88Devin12
Moderated
Protokentarchos

« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2012, 08:53:41 PM »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=roPnQjB5EEg  (first 20 seconds or so in the background)

This is not a conspiracy, nor is it satanic or masonic. Is it wrong? Yes... Is it irreverent? Yes...

The choice of everything in that performance is very intentional, she wasn't mocking icons, she is mocking the Roman Catholic Church, maybe even religion in general.

There is not a conspiracy within the music industry or anything like that. She simply wants shock value and to stick it to society and what some people consider respectable and reverent.

She stands for immorality and vice, and promotes it in her music. It isn't about her being part of some conspiracy, satanic cult or anything like that. It's simply her being who she is, and desiring to shock people and cause people to talk about her and her music.

I once had someone tell me they believed the music industry was run by the Jews who put patterns, beats, etc... in the music to perform mind control and get people to do drugs and kill themselves. There are some really crazy ideas out there, don't believe them.

Again, please, for the love of God, don't get your ideas from Wikipedia, YouTube or private online websites.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2012, 08:54:42 PM by 88Devin12 » Logged
yeshuaisiam
Protokentarchos

« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2012, 08:58:39 PM »

That would involve too much intelligence. You could say that they worship stupidity, which is satanic in its own way. If the entertainment industry really were controlled by a vast Satanic cult, it would be much easier to identify Satan's influence in the world. He's more clever than you give him credit for. He works best through lame, banal crap that permeates everyday life. To be a disciple of Satan doesn't require any rituals or incantations, you just need to engage in self-worship and there are endless varieties to choose from.

Google "masonic pillar".

I haven't given a broad definition for his works and do believe that he permeates through many venues both complex and lame.   However, in consideration at one time people were shocked because Elvis shook his hips on TV, today we have blatant mockery of Iconography, clergy, and some would consider the "video" a satanic ritual.  

Believe me brother, I'm not trying to start a debate.  This is blatant & obvious evil and a slap in the face to the church & Christians.  I'm just sharing & helping to expose it.

Iconodule
Uranopolitan
Taxiarches

Jurisdiction: OCA (Diocese of Eastern Pennsylvania)

"My god is greater."

« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2012, 09:00:58 PM »

Google "masonic pillar".

Um, no. There is nothing particularly masonic about those pillars.

"A riddle or the cricket's cry
Is to doubt a fit reply." - William Blake
88Devin12
Moderated
Protokentarchos

« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2012, 09:01:39 PM »

Google "masonic pillar".

I haven't given a broad definition for his works and do believe that he permeates through many venues both complex and lame.   However, in consideration at one time people were shocked because Elvis shook his hips on TV, today we have blatant mockery of Iconography, clergy, and some would consider the "video" a satanic ritual.  

Believe me brother, I'm not trying to start a debate.  This is blatant & obvious evil and a slap in the face to the church & Christians.  I'm just sharing & helping to expose it.

huh?
yeshuaisiam
Protokentarchos

« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2012, 09:05:53 PM »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=roPnQjB5EEg  (first 20 seconds or so in the background)

This is not a conspiracy, nor is it satanic or masonic. Is it wrong? Yes... Is it irreverent? Yes...

The choice of everything in that performance is very intentional, she wasn't mocking icons, she is mocking the Roman Catholic Church, maybe even religion in general.

There is not a conspiracy within the music industry or anything like that. She simply wants shock value and to stick it to society and what some people consider respectable and reverent.

She stands for immorality and vice, and promotes it in her music. It isn't about her being part of some conspiracy, satanic cult or anything like that. It's simply her being who she is, and desiring to shock people and cause people to talk about her and her music.

I once had someone tell me they believed the music industry was run by the Jews who put patterns, beats, etc... in the music to perform mind control and get people to do drugs and kill themselves. There are some really crazy ideas out there, don't believe them.

Again, please, for the love of God, don't get your ideas from Wikipedia, YouTube or private online websites.

88Devin12 - I think you would be surprised with how many EO Christians and Christians alike would heavily disagree with you and do believe there is conspiracy and masonry within the music industry.

Also, as for sources

1) Wikipedia, go look up "Eastern Orthodox", show me where it is wrong?
2) Youtube, this is NOT something you should diss as an invalid source, as there are a tremendous amount of documentary videos made by experts on different subjects.
3) Private online web sites can have expert publishers.

Private online web sites are not very different from books.
Youtube is a library of videos, some good, some bad, some well researched, some not.
Wikipedia can be very reliable.

Despite this, why the heck does everything turn into a debate on this forum?  I thought people would be more with me and upset over this.  

LOOK, there are icons in the background as blasphemic elements and presentations are present.   My intent is not to debate anybody.  My intent is to spread what the Main Stream Media is BEAMING into your homes.  

orthonorm
Hoplitarches

Faith: Sola Gratia
Jurisdiction: Outside

« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2012, 09:06:37 PM »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=roPnQjB5EEg  (first 20 seconds or so in the background)

I admit I didn't watch the clip. I don't give a      .

But I would bet anything going on there pillarwise has very little to do with masonry. Maybe carpentry.

When did masonry get such a bad name? Wasn't Our Lord one?

Ignorance is not a lack, but a passion.
yeshuaisiam
Protokentarchos

« Reply #9 on: February 13, 2012, 09:08:33 PM »

Google "masonic pillar".

huh?

Do you know what sharing & exposing is?  Sharing is when you have something, information and/or and item, and you pass it along or let somebody borrow.

Exposing is to show something that is hidden, semi hidden, or not very noticeable.   This is like BACKGROUND ICONS.

So I want to help the individuals who posted the video to SHARE and EXPOSE it.

yeshuaisiam
Protokentarchos

« Reply #10 on: February 13, 2012, 09:09:30 PM »

I admit I didn't watch the clip. I don't give a      .

But I would bet anything going on there pillarwise has very little to do with masonry. Maybe carpentry.

When did masonry get such a bad name? Wasn't Our Lord one?

Not unless our Lord Worshiped Lucifer.  Morals and Dogma clearly states "Lucifer is the God of Freemasonry".

Shiny
Site Supporter
Moderated
Toumarches

Faith: Groucho Marxist
Jurisdiction: Dahntahn Stoop Haus

Paint It Red

« Reply #11 on: February 13, 2012, 09:10:51 PM »

The Grammies can do whatever they want, they are not important at all.

“There is your brother, naked, crying, and you stand there confused over the choice of an attractive floor covering.”

– St. Ambrose of Milan
orthonorm
Hoplitarches

« Reply #12 on: February 13, 2012, 09:11:15 PM »

Do you know what sharing & exposing is?

Calm down a little, man . . .

"Expose and share" as a classroom exercise has been on the way out in many schools districts for sometime. Much to chagrin to many an RC pedarast pedagoge.

88Devin12
Moderated
Protokentarchos

« Reply #13 on: February 13, 2012, 09:11:40 PM »

Yeshuaism, what do you think about the Protocols of the Elders of Zion??

What about the Holocaust?
orthonorm
Hoplitarches

« Reply #14 on: February 13, 2012, 09:12:38 PM »

Not unless our Lord Worshiped Lucifer.  Morals and Dogma clearly states "Lucifer is the God of Freemasonry".

I didn't say He didn't work scale . . .

yeshuaisiam
Protokentarchos

« Reply #15 on: February 13, 2012, 09:12:45 PM »

Wow, I'm stumped.....

Everything is a debate here.  Even icons being mocked on TV.
Guys, look anybody that doubts that Freemasonry is NOT a Luciferian CHURCH is SIMPLY NOT READING the Mason's OWN TEXTS.  
It's PLAIN and SIMPLE!!!!   To argue this fact ONLY SHOWS that arguers simply do NOT know about Masonry at all and/or have not read their texts.

yeshuaisiam
Protokentarchos

« Reply #16 on: February 13, 2012, 09:14:51 PM »

What do you think about digressing?

88Devin12, what do you think about blasphemy being presented by the MSM in front of Icons?

orthonorm
Hoplitarches

« Reply #17 on: February 13, 2012, 09:15:48 PM »

Something

Dude, I've bent a little conduit in my time. I can say pretty darn well. We are talking some serious exposed runs.

I don't know nothing about masonry. Sorry.

88Devin12
Moderated
Protokentarchos

« Reply #18 on: February 13, 2012, 09:16:43 PM »

What do you think about digressing?

88Devin12, what do you think about blasphemy being presented by the MSM in front of Icons?

It's sad, but that is what the world does. It's nothing new or special...
yeshuaisiam
Protokentarchos

« Reply #19 on: February 13, 2012, 09:16:56 PM »

Ok,

I guess I should not say anything.  Nevermind.

Let em mock icons, who am I to say? I don't even attend an EO church and I'm more up in arms about it those who call themselves EO Christians.

My love for the church still exists...  Sorry.

orthonorm
Hoplitarches

« Reply #20 on: February 13, 2012, 09:19:21 PM »

Ok,

Let em mock icons, who am I to say? I don't even attend an EO church and I'm more up in arms about it those who call themselves EO Christians.

You are forgiven, go and annoy no more.

88Devin12
Moderated
Protokentarchos

« Reply #21 on: February 13, 2012, 09:19:39 PM »

Ok,

There is nothing you or anyone can do about it do why worry about it? The world is going to do what it is going to do.
Gebre Menfes Kidus
"SERVANT of The HOLY SPIRIT"
Warned
Merarches

Faith: Ethiopian Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Orthodox Tewahedo / Non-Chalcedonian

"Lord Have Mercy on Me a Sinner!"

« Reply #22 on: February 13, 2012, 09:25:54 PM »

Seems an appropriate Babylonian ritual to commemorate the fall of another Babylonian idol.

Selam

"If we are unwilling to accept any truth that we have not first discovered and declared ourselves, we demonstrate that we are interested not in the truth so much as in being right." ~ Thomas Merton ~
orthonorm
Hoplitarches

« Reply #23 on: February 13, 2012, 09:32:42 PM »

Seems an appropriate Babylonian ritual to commemorate the fall of another Babylonian idol.

Selam

You do realize that only Ethiopian gives Babylonian a run as the most absurd modifier to the word empire.

*ZING*

Kid is hot tonight!

« Last Edit: February 13, 2012, 09:33:02 PM by orthonorm » Logged

Gebre Menfes Kidus
"SERVANT of The HOLY SPIRIT"
Warned
Merarches

Faith: Ethiopian Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Orthodox Tewahedo / Non-Chalcedonian

"Lord Have Mercy on Me a Sinner!"

« Reply #24 on: February 13, 2012, 09:41:35 PM »

Selam

You do realize that only Ethiopian gives Babylonian a run as the most absurd modifier to the word empire.

*ZING*

Kid is hot tonight!

I'm not smart enough to get most of your witticisms. Embarrassed

Selam

"If we are unwilling to accept any truth that we have not first discovered and declared ourselves, we demonstrate that we are interested not in the truth so much as in being right." ~ Thomas Merton ~
jckstraw72
OC.net guru

Faith: Orthodox

« Reply #25 on: February 13, 2012, 10:47:04 PM »

you are absolutely correct.
dzheremi
Warned
Protokentarchos

Jurisdiction: Coptic

« Reply #26 on: February 13, 2012, 11:00:21 PM »

I'm more shocked that any of you watched the Grammy Awards. I mean, both my father and brother have been involved in the music industry for a total of about 60 years and counting and I asked my father if he was going to watch it and he said "only after I've done everything else I can think to do with my time." I would think that this is just about the level of attention that any of these spectacles merit. Looking for Masonic or Satanic this-or-that in this kind of show is akin to looking for Satanic messages in your Alfa-Bits cereal. In a past decade, you could have been counted on to provide court testimony against Judas Priest... Roll Eyes

Ionnis
OC.net guru

Jurisdiction: ROCOR

« Reply #27 on: February 13, 2012, 11:04:21 PM »

Nicki Minaj and Kanye West both incorporate occultic elements into their music and shows. West especially plays with occultic imagery and seems to have an unusual interest with the devil and the earthly power he wields. I remember when I heard "Niggas in Paris" for the first time. My jaw nearly dropped. I avoid West like the plague now. Whatever he is messing with, I don't want to associate with it in any way. As far as Freemasonry goes, I don't know a thing about it, except that Orthodox Christians shouldn't join any of their fraternal organizations, so I can't speak on that. I will say that I was disturbed though when i focused in and realized I was looking at an Icon of St Paul in that video. Wow!

And for the record: I don't believe in a vast Satanic/Masonic cult that controls the music industry. A lot of artists, whether in music or not, have played with the concept of the devil quite a bit. The image that the West has given him is an interesting one and I get why an artist would want to explore it through their art. I don't think the image is an accurate one, but I also don't think it is harmless. I believe it is unbelievably dangerous.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2012, 11:10:47 PM by Ionnis » Logged

"If you cannot find Christ in the beggar at the church door, you will not find Him in the chalice.”  -The Divine John Chrysostom

“Till we can become divine, we must be content to be human, lest in our hurry for change we sink to something lower.” -Anthony Trollope
Jason.Wike
OC.net guru

« Reply #28 on: February 13, 2012, 11:37:18 PM »

Nicki Minaj and Kanye West both incorporate occultic elements into their music and shows. West especially plays with occultic imagery and seems to have an unusual interest with the devil and the earthly power he wields. I remember when I heard "Niggas in Paris" for the first time. My jaw nearly dropped. I avoid West like the plague now. Whatever he is messing with, I don't want to associate with it in any way.

I looked up that 'song'... sure its pure stupid crap but what about it is occultic?
You are warned for bypassing mod's decision to remove your signature as it breaks the size rules - MK.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2012, 05:41:25 AM by Michał Kalina » Logged
Ionnis
OC.net guru

« Reply #29 on: February 13, 2012, 11:51:23 PM »

Hey Jason,

I apologize, but I don't have the time or the patience to substantiate my claim right now, so I retract it. It probably wasn't a good song to use as an example as it requires that I explain the backstory. Actually, I probably shouldn't be posting at all on these sorts of things, considering I no longer have a computer, only my iPhone, and don't have the patience to provide lengthy responses. FYI: I dont listen to that sort of music regularly and don't recommend others do, I just work with teenagers all day and try to stay in touch with what they are exposed to and interested in. :-)

"If you cannot find Christ in the beggar at the church door, you will not find Him in the chalice.”  -The Divine John Chrysostom

“Till we can become divine, we must be content to be human, lest in our hurry for change we sink to something lower.” -Anthony Trollope
LizaSymonenko
Слава Ісусу Христу!!! Glory to Jesus Christ!!!
Global Moderator
Toumarches

Faith: God's Holy Catholic and Apostolic Orthodox Church
Jurisdiction: Ukrainian Orthodox Church of the U.S.A.

« Reply #30 on: February 14, 2012, 12:38:26 AM »

I have no idea who that is, but, those are definitely icons in the background.

....just another reason not to fill your ears with the noise coming from the radio these days.

Conquer evil men by your gentle kindness, and make zealous men wonder at your goodness. Put the lover of legality to shame by your compassion. With the afflicted be afflicted in mind. Love all men, but keep distant from all men.
—St. Isaac of Syria
HabteSelassie
Ises and I-ity
Archon

Faith: Oriental Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Ethiopian Orthodox Tewahedo Church

« Reply #31 on: February 14, 2012, 12:41:02 AM »

Greetings in that Divine and Most Precious Name of Our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ!

Can't some music just suck without there having to be a conspiracy about it?

stay blessed,
habte selassie

"Yet stand aloof from stupid questionings and geneologies and strifes and fightings about law, for they are without benefit and vain." Titus 3:10
HabteSelassie
Ises and I-ity
Archon

« Reply #32 on: February 14, 2012, 12:42:58 AM »

Greetings in that Divine and Most Precious Name of Our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ!

Selam

*ZING*

Kid is hot tonight!

Please, GiC already had enough fun Eurocentrically mocking Ethiopian history and civilization, I'd appreciate it if you kindly grew up Wink

stay blessed,
habte selassie

"Yet stand aloof from stupid questionings and geneologies and strifes and fightings about law, for they are without benefit and vain." Titus 3:10
vamrat
Vamratoraptor
Taxiarches

Faith: Serbian Orthodox
Jurisdiction: New Gracanica

« Reply #33 on: February 14, 2012, 12:54:14 AM »

Some people are only alive because it's illegal to kill them.
dzheremi
Warned
Protokentarchos

« Reply #34 on: February 14, 2012, 12:58:23 AM »

Can't some music just suck without there having to be a conspiracy about it?

stay blessed,
habte selassie

^ This

(And you say we never agree about anything... Wink)

PeterTheAleut
The Right Blowhard Peter the Furtive of Yetts O'Muckhart
Section Moderator
Protospatharios

Lord, have mercy on the Christians in Mosul!

« Reply #35 on: February 14, 2012, 01:01:11 AM »

88Devin12 - I think you would be surprised with how many EO Christians and Christians alike would heavily disagree with you and do believe there is conspiracy and masonry within the music industry.
The mere fact that many believe there is a masonic conspiracy within the music industry doesn't mean there really is. Many of our children believe in Santa Claus or the tooth fairy or that there's a leprechaun guarding a pot of gold at the end of every rainbow, but that doesn't mean that any of these is real.

Face it, yesh, not everyone joins you in looking for a masonic conspiracy under every rock.

"He who fears has not yet been made perfect in love." ~1 John 4:18b
Riddikulus
Protokentarchos

« Reply #36 on: February 14, 2012, 01:02:57 AM »

I'm a bit confused. No rude comments, please!  laugh But I don't even know who these people are, let alone if they are satanists. Did they make their *religious choice* public?

I believe in One God, maker of heaven and earth and of all things visible and invisible.

Nothing in biology makes sense except in the light of evolution.
Theodosius Dobzhansky, Russian Orthodox Christian (1900-1975)
dzheremi
Warned
Protokentarchos

« Reply #37 on: February 14, 2012, 01:19:55 AM »

They're not satanists, they're idiots. It's a common mistake.

Funnily enough, past artists who have flirted with similar imagery or stage theatrics didn't usually attempt to blur the line between their personal behavior and stage personas. Alice Cooper is an Evangelical and teaches Sunday school. Tom Araya of the heavy metal band Slayer is a committed Roman Catholic. Believe it or not, putting stupid and offensive religious overtones into music and stage shows does not necessarily tell you much about the performer engaging in it. These kinds of elaborate stage productions are generally a group effort also including management and other people, often with minimal and/or ignored direct input from the artist (particularly if they're new and don't have much clout). And that's a good thing, or else they'd probably come off looking even stupider. Don't any of you remember that scene in Spinal Tap with the Stonehenge set piece? Smiley

orthonorm
Hoplitarches

« Reply #38 on: February 14, 2012, 01:20:02 AM »

Please, GiC already had enough fun Eurocentrically mocking Ethiopian history and civilization, I'd appreciate it if you kindly grew up Wink

stay blessed,
habte selassie

Civilization and history are European constructs. Get used to it.

orthonorm
Hoplitarches

« Reply #39 on: February 14, 2012, 01:24:41 AM »

I remember when I heard "Niggas in Paris" for the first time.

It's just one of the moments. When Kennedy was assassinated, first kiss, 9/11, first time hearing Niggas in Paris . . . Some things you can never forget.

HabteSelassie
Ises and I-ity
Archon

« Reply #40 on: February 14, 2012, 01:28:08 AM »

stay blessed,
habte selassie

Civilization and history are European constructs. Get used to it.

hmm.. my mistake.

stay blessed,
habte selassie

Shiny
Site Supporter
Moderated
Toumarches

Faith: Groucho Marxist
Jurisdiction: Dahntahn Stoop Haus

Paint It Red

« Reply #41 on: February 14, 2012, 01:31:34 AM »

Kanye West owns. Do you really think he believes all that occultic stuff? He's doing it for shock and attention. Sorry you can't handle the heat.

Nicki Minaj is awesome too.

“There is your brother, naked, crying, and you stand there confused over the choice of an attractive floor covering.”

– St. Ambrose of Milan
dzheremi
Warned
Protokentarchos

« Reply #42 on: February 14, 2012, 01:34:58 AM »

Pfft. Everyone knows that the pyramids were built by Masons. And space aliens built everything in Ethiopia before the Italians showed up. The guy with the crazy hair on the History Channel told me so.

orthonorm
Hoplitarches

« Reply #43 on: February 14, 2012, 01:37:58 AM »

You appropriating such things as "civilization" and "history" are Euro-centric.

Sorry buddy. You are the ultimate of what you wish you to fight against.

You arrogantly sling the the arguments of the Ivory Tower and reduce that alien to the well known and familiar and presume to understand that which you cannot.

You turn the unknown into commodities of university research, a thoroughly and essentially European endeavor, and pride yourself on your worldliness and tolerance, other European virtues.

Enjoy your enlightenment. Casting everything in the same light for centuries. After all, we ARE all the SAME. Good and proper Europeans. Or at least we can all aspire to be and if not we will make you such.

You treat various peoples no different than endangered botanicals to persevered for their possible medicinal uses.

But what choice do you have?

None other. Western metaphysics is just that damn powerful.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2012, 01:38:42 AM by orthonorm » Logged

Ionnis
OC.net guru

« Reply #44 on: February 14, 2012, 01:39:27 AM »

I remember when I heard "Niggas in Paris" for the first time.

It's just one of the moments. When Kennedy was assassinated, first kiss, 9/11, first time hearing Niggas in Paris . . . Some things you can never forget.

Lol. You're such a jerk sometimes/most of the time. However, your post did bring me to the realization that I can't remember my first kiss or who it even was!!!  Now that is sad!

Tags:
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 »  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: