OrthodoxChristianity.net
April 16, 2014, 06:18:51 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The Rules page has been updated.  Please familiarize yourself with its contents!

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags CHAT Login Register  
Poll
Question: Should Orthodox Churches be Part of the World Council of Churches?
Yes - 12 (23.5%)
No - 28 (54.9%)
It was OK in the past, but not now. - 5 (9.8%)
It was bad in the past, but it may be OK in the future. - 1 (2%)
Never! - 5 (9.8%)
Total Voters: 51

Pages: « 1 2 3 4  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Orthodoxy and the WCC  (Read 5521 times) Average Rating: 0
Punch
Protokentarchos

Faith: Serbian Orthodox
Jurisdiction: New Gracanica Metropolitanate

« Reply #135 on: March 01, 2012, 06:20:02 PM »

Also, not all Protestants belong to the WCC.  The Conservative factions of several denominations will have nothing to do with the WCC and consider it Antichrist.  In fact, membership in the WCC is one of the main stumbling blocks that I have found when trying to evangelize conservative Lutherans.  I have been told, on more than one occasion, that while much of what we teach makes good sense to them, the fact that we are members of the Antichrist WCC is proof enough that we teach falsely.  Heck, even the Catholics know better than to join the masons and belong to the WCC.  That is quite a statement coming from a conservative Lutheran!  Truth be told, it was the Antiochian membership in the WCC (and the abundance of open Masons) that first sent me to the ROCOR one year after my conversion.  I got tired of making excuses.

God did not create man equal.  Samuel Colt made man equal.  Blessed be the Peacemaker.
Nigula Qian Zishi
Administrator Emeritus, Retired Deacon, Inactive Poster, Active Orthodox Christian, Father, and Husband
OC.net guru

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: Greek Orthodox Archdiocese of America

我美丽的妻子和我。

nstanosheck
« Reply #136 on: March 01, 2012, 06:30:36 PM »

Meanwhile, incidents have happened behind our backs. After the liberation of Romania in 1989, 10,000 copies of the Bible in the Romanian language were sent to Romanian Orthodox parishes by a Protestant source in the USA. It was discovered that the word "idol" had been consistently translated "icon" in an attempt to undermine Orthodox dogmatic teachings. While the Oecumenical Patriarch and the Pope exchange greetings in the spirit of a "theology of love", the Ukrainian Catholics are proselytizing among the Orthodox and taking over Orthodox Churches by force. After the fall of communism, all the Protestant and Evangelical groups sent to Eastern Europe, Russia, and Ukraine to convert those "people" to Christianity.

Recommendations:
1. Withdraw and break off all relations and dialogues with the ecumenical and interfaith movements.
2. Cultivate pan-Orthodox unity, cooperation to the highest degree possible, so that peace and love will exist among all the Eastern Orthodox.
3. Rekindle the Eucharist life and the concord of Faith. Educate and create an awareness concerning Orthodoxy, the history, traditions and teachings of the church.
4. Promote the Liturgical, theological wealth of Patristic Traditions and return to the purity of the Orthodox Faith. (Let us discard/eliminate any Western innovations that have invaded the Orthodox Church).
5. To develop in love and humility all of the invaluable gifts of charismatic Orthodoxy, s a responsible missionary offering and invitation to the contemporary world.

I would like to thank and highly recommend the following authors for their works on this subject matter. They have written what I think. Thank God for the Truth seekers.

Ecumenism Examined by Constantine Cavarnos-Institute for Byzantine and Modern Greek Studies
The Rush to Embrace by Archpriest Alexey Young-Nikodemos Orthodox Publication Society
Orthodox Christianity and the Spirit of Contemporary Ecumenism by Father Daniel Degyansky-Center for Traditionalist Orthodox Studies
Against False Union by Alexander Kalomiros-St. Nectarios Press
Ecumenism: A Movement for Union or a Syncretistic Heresy? by Bishop Angelos of Avlona-Center for Traditionalist Orthodox Studies
Orthodox and the Ecumenical Movement by Archimandrite Cyprian Agiokyprianites- Center for Tradtionalist Orthodox Studies

Post of the month nomination!

在基督         My Original Blog
尼古拉         My Facebook Profile
前执事         My Twitter Page
Peter J
Formerly PJ
Taxiarches

Faith: Melkite

« Reply #137 on: March 02, 2012, 09:25:43 AM »

Stage 5: Final Preparation and Reconciliation
Final preparation for what? Unity? There is only 1 unity that is acceptable. That is all coming back to the faith of the Apostles, which is Orthodoxy. I doubt very seriously that any of the above would do anything to bring all back to Orthodoxy.

Well, the author of that blog is Catholic, so I'm sure that he/she does not agree with you that the faith of the Apostles is Orthodoxy. But if you read the rest of what I quoted, I'm sure you will see that he/she does agree with you that the goal is "all coming back to the faith of the Apostles" (which he/she understands to be Catholicism):

Stage 5: Final Preparation and Reconciliation
The various preliminary stages above are supposed to lead to conversion in the sense of formal enterance into the Catholic Church (i.e., "full and visible communion").  Therefore, this last step is not considered ecumenism, strictly speaking, but rather is considered as the ultimate goal of ecumenism.   
(emphasis added)

- Peter Jericho (a CAF poster)
Peter J
Formerly PJ
Taxiarches

Faith: Melkite

« Reply #138 on: March 02, 2012, 09:31:06 AM »

Meanwhile, incidents have happened behind our backs. After the liberation of Romania in 1989, 10,000 copies of the Bible in the Romanian language were sent to Romanian Orthodox parishes by a Protestant source in the USA. It was discovered that the word "idol" had been consistently translated "icon" in an attempt to undermine Orthodox dogmatic teachings.

Can you provide a link? I would like to read up on that incident.

- Peter Jericho (a CAF poster)
Tags:
Pages: « 1 2 3 4  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: