OrthodoxChristianity.net
August 29, 2014, 04:13:22 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: the glad tidings of the Messiah Jesus  (Read 1215 times) Average Rating: 0
samueljones

OC.net

« on: September 30, 2004, 09:12:17 AM »

The lives of God's chosen Messengers contain many messages and lessons for all people, especially when we study their encounters, their troubles, and their great struggles. The Qur'an cites Jesus as an example for people to follow, because of how he conducted his life and his struggle, and because of his great virtue. Every sincere Christian should read this book from http://www.harunyahya.com/books/faith/gladtidings/gladtidings01.php

NULL
Robert
"Amazing"
Archon

« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2004, 09:42:01 AM »

I smell a TROLL
Αριστοκλής
Merarches

Faith: Orthodox Catholic
Jurisdiction: American Carpatho-Russian Orthodox Diocese

« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2004, 09:59:59 AM »

Esteemed Administrator,
Your olfactory alert system does appear to be in working order.

Demetri

"Religion is a neurobiological illness and Orthodoxy is its cure." - Fr. John S. Romanides
Shiloah
"Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen." Heb.11:1

www.balamand.edu.lb/ th...JoTheklaCan.htm

« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2004, 10:51:06 AM »

Samuel, Dear Muslim friend:
 We have compiled a list of articles and links to other Christian web sites that strive to answer your question and clarify the Christian faith.
 Our objective is not to attack or offend anyone's faith or belief. Instead, we are striving to present to you an objective discussion where we can explain the Christian faith as described in the Bible.
 Welcome, may the Lord God lead you and guide you in your search for answers.

http://www.arabicbible.com/islam/christian_doctrine.htm

It contains the following Info For Muslims:
  Christianity Explained
     Misunderstandings
     Questions/Answers
     Gospel of Barnabas
     The Koran
     Prophet Ibrahim
     Prophet Mouhammad
     Recommended Links
     Arabic Links
     Non-Arabic Links

and many other related subjects. Also the link to the Arabic Bibles at http://www.arabicbible.com/christian/arabic_bible.htm  and http://www.arabicbible.com/bible/vandyke.htm

Hope this will enhance your studies about the glad tidings of Jesus Christ.

For all our Christian readers I'd like to point out the informative link on the same website http://www.arabicbible.com/christian/islam.htm for a better understanding of what Islam is; may I quote;

"If the Lord’s "Great Commission" is to be fulfilled it is essential that we, as active, concerned Christians, understand what Islam is. We must know both how to relate to the Muslim, and how to "contend for the faith which was once delivered unto the saints" (Jude 3), "with gentleness and reverence" (1 Pet. 3:15)

If my Orthodox friends here have anything to offer for Muslims from an Orthodox perspective, I'd like to encourage you to post it also.

Shiloah  

« Last Edit: September 30, 2004, 11:07:53 AM by Shiloah » Logged

"God, who commanded the light to shine out of darkness, hath shined in our hearts, to give the light of the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Jesus Christ" 2.Cor.4:6

"One thing is education: that we learn how to love God. "
Arystarcus
High Elder

Faith: Christian

« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2004, 01:23:29 AM »

I wonder what it is about this site that it seems to attract Muslims who wish to spread the message of Islam. Anyone else wonder about this?

Befuddled,
Aaron  Huh
sdcheung
it's as if..Saint Photios and Saint Mark Ephesus, has come back
Banned
OC.net guru

...even though Romania Falls, another will Rise...

« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2004, 01:31:37 AM »

They are scared of us.
Muslims don't go to Catholics or Prots because Muslims know that we are the true Church.  We are their enemy

Keep Breed Mixing, and this Maine Coon Cat will be the last of it's kind. /\
No profanities in your sig line if you're going to post in the public forum.
Shiloah
"Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen." Heb.11:1

« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2004, 01:12:21 PM »

Guys, I tried to bring this thread on a constructive and friendly level and not let it deteriorate into some hatefull and derogatory pitfalll. There is godly advise in the Holy Bible on how to treat those of a different faith.

Can we please close this subject and not continue like that? The Christian Church in general is so much split up and in disunity already and plainly for the world to see, it is a crying shame. And Jesus prayed a very precious prayer in John 17 and in other places He repeated admonished us to  make sure we act in a way that others can see that He was sent by the Father.

I don't see any gain for us, not on this board and not in our private witness in this world, if we  mock unbelievers and have a discriminating attitude towards them. Jesus did not have that when He gave His life.  St John says in 1.John 2:2 that He (Christ) is the propitiation for our sins: and not for ours only, but also for the sins of the whole world.

That includes all human beings all over the world. And we have been commissioned to be ambassadors for Christ (2.Cor.5:20) and we have been given tha ministry of reconciliation in verses 18-19 same chapter " And all things are of God, who hath reconciled us to himself by Jesus Christ, and hath given to us the ministry of reconciliation;
 19.  To wit, that God was in Christ, reconciling the world unto himself, not imputing their trespasses unto them; and hath committed unto us the word of reconciliation."

Does that mean anything to you at all?

There are many testimonies coming from the muslim nations of people turning to Christ .  We should thank the Lord for those and ask Him in prayer to draw more and more each day to Christ, according to His own words that nobody can come to the Father unless the Father draws them (John 6:44), and Jesus also says in John 12:32 that "Now is the judgment of this world: now shall the prince of this world be cast out. And I, if I be lifted up from the earth, will draw all men unto me."

That's what we have to support in prayer, don't you agree?

"God, who commanded the light to shine out of darkness, hath shined in our hearts, to give the light of the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Jesus Christ" 2.Cor.4:6

Fr. David
The Poster Formerly Known as "Pedro"
Archon

Faith: Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction: OCA, Diocese of the South

« Reply #7 on: October 01, 2004, 01:22:25 PM »

Very good points, Shiloah.

We can disagree -- and certainly do -- with the idea that all religions are the same and/or equal while still remaining cordial and accomodating to inquirers.

This language of "us/they" and "enemies" is ridiculous..."we wrestle not against flesh and blood" -- people, in other words -- "but against principalities and powers," invisible spiritual forces that war against us.  THERE'S our enemy.

Priest in the Orthodox Church in America - ordained on March 18, 2012

Oh Taste and See (my defunct blog)

From Protestant to Orthodox (my conversion story)
Shiloah

« Reply #8 on: October 01, 2004, 01:31:49 PM »

Thanks, Pedro. That needed to be said!

Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: