OrthodoxChristianity.net
July 25, 2014, 05:28:40 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Crazy Fanatics!  (Read 2231 times) Average Rating: 0
TomS
Banned
Archon

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: GOA

"Look At Me! Look At Me Now! " - Bono

« on: September 29, 2004, 01:59:26 PM »

Recently, the United Nations' request to test for a nuclear weapons program was rejected by the Iranian government.

The White House has made it clear that America may disarm Iran if the preserved threat of weapons is great enough.

Ayatollah Hashemi Rafsanjani, Iran's former president and current leader of the country's highest religious governing body, said last year that on the day the Muslim world gets nuclear weapons, the people of Israel will be easily killed "since a single atomic bomb has the power to completely destroy Israel, while an Israeli counter-strike can only cause partial damage to the Islamic world."

http://www.thebatt.com/news/2003/07/21/Opinion/Bringing.Iran.Democracy-513350.shtml
« Last Edit: September 29, 2004, 02:16:26 PM by Tom+ú » Logged
Nacho
OC.net guru

Faith: EasternOrthodox
Jurisdiction: OCA

The face of Corporate America

« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2004, 02:39:06 PM »

Afghanistan, Iraq & next on the list should be Iran. I beleive a campaign of expunging all islamic facism from the face of the earth might be in order here. Iran isn't all talk & no show life France or Germany, it's just a matter of time before they have the capablities to wipe out a few huge geographical areas in that region, & yes the  hitlerites in headscarfs are crazy enough to do it.
The president has said he will not allow them to get nukes, so looks like we are heading for another showdown. We could also send Jimmy Carter over there also because we now how successful he is at preventing rogue nations from developing nukes lol  Grin.....

"If I find in myself a desire which no experience in this world can satisfy, the most probable explanation is that I was made for another world."--Mere Christianity
TomS
Banned
Archon

« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2004, 02:42:14 PM »

Yep. Git-er-done!
« Last Edit: September 29, 2004, 02:45:02 PM by Tom+ú » Logged
Anastasios
Webdespota
Administrator
Merarches

Faith: Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Greek Old Calendarist

Metropolitan Chrysostomos of Florina

anastasios0513
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2004, 02:42:15 PM »

Iran is a very different nation than Iraq. It would be a total disaster if we invaded them. I wouldn't mind strikes to end their nuclear program, but invading? No way.

Anastasios

Met. Demetrius's Enthronement

Disclaimer: Past posts reflect stages of my life before my baptism may not be accurate expositions of Orthodox teaching.

I served as an Orthodox priest from June 2008 to April 2013, before resigning for personal reasons
Shiloah
"Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen." Heb.11:1

www.balamand.edu.lb/ th...JoTheklaCan.htm

« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2004, 02:42:39 PM »

They have said over and over that the destruction of Israel is their expressed goal, but then Islam is to take over the rest of the world. Their slogan is "First the Saturday people, then the Sunday people."

Here are some links to it:

http://www.israelnationalnews.com/article.php3?id=2747

http://216.239.39.104/search?q=cache:jyrW4HeL0swJ:www.truepeace.org/download/truepeace61.pdf+saturday+people+and+sunday+people&hl=en

I have not read through the whole articles but the quote is in there.

"God, who commanded the light to shine out of darkness, hath shined in our hearts, to give the light of the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Jesus Christ" 2.Cor.4:6

"One thing is education: that we learn how to love God. "
TomS
Banned
Archon

« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2004, 02:47:31 PM »

Iran is a very different nation than Iraq. It would be a total disaster if we invaded them. I wouldn't mind strikes to end their nuclear program, but invading? No way.

That is true. No reason to invade - just bomb them back to the days of their prophet. That way they can truly experience their faith!
Shiloah
"Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen." Heb.11:1

www.balamand.edu.lb/ th...JoTheklaCan.htm

« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2004, 02:49:14 PM »

Remember there are many Christians, too, and they have a hard stand as their faith is being tested daily. Bombs are no solution!

"God, who commanded the light to shine out of darkness, hath shined in our hearts, to give the light of the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Jesus Christ" 2.Cor.4:6

"One thing is education: that we learn how to love God. "
JohnCassian
At Least Semi-Augustinian

St. John Cassian

« Reply #7 on: September 29, 2004, 02:49:52 PM »

Iran is a very different nation than Iraq. It would be a total disaster if we invaded them.

And that's different than Iraq...how?  Wink

"Do leave off speaking of me as an ill-educated and uncouth and unfriendly man, not even worthy to live." - St. Gregory the Theologian in a Letter to St. Basil the Great
TomS
Banned
Archon

« Reply #8 on: September 29, 2004, 02:51:51 PM »

Ohhh! Good one!
Strelets
Стрелец
Elder

« Reply #9 on: September 29, 2004, 03:37:47 PM »

Iran is a very different nation than Iraq

I agree.  The mullahs are losing their grip on that society.  The Iranian people are slowly taking more control over their country and it's best we help them achieve this goal through maximum pressure by means other than military force.  However, we've got to take out those reactors and other nuclear facilities.  I'm betting you'll see either the US or Israel bomb the hell out of them before year's end.  We just sold an arsenal of bunker busting bombs to Israel and the Security Council has given Iran two months to come clean.  Time's running out.

"The creed is very simple, and here is what it is: to believe that there is nothing more beautiful, more courageous, and more perfect than Christ; and there not only isn't, but I tell myself with a jealous love, there cannot be." ~ Fyodor Dostoevsky
Anastasios
Webdespota
Administrator
Merarches

Faith: Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Greek Old Calendarist

Metropolitan Chrysostomos of Florina

anastasios0513
« Reply #10 on: September 29, 2004, 05:08:49 PM »

We have accomplished or are in the process of accomplishing all of our goals in Iraq in the timetable that was laid out in the beginning of the conflict.  Cheesy

Anastasios

Met. Demetrius's Enthronement

Disclaimer: Past posts reflect stages of my life before my baptism may not be accurate expositions of Orthodox teaching.

I served as an Orthodox priest from June 2008 to April 2013, before resigning for personal reasons
TomS
Banned
Archon

« Reply #11 on: September 29, 2004, 05:18:12 PM »

We have accomplished or are in the process of accomplishing all of our goals in Iraq in the timetable that was laid out in the beginning of the conflict.  Cheesy

Anastasios, put down the crack pipe and step away!  Grin
Ebor
Vanyar
Taxiarches

« Reply #12 on: September 29, 2004, 06:11:42 PM »

A couple of things that occur to me:

1) What is the original source of the quote from Rafsanjani?  Did he actually say it in that way? (allowing for translation difficulties, too.)

2) The destruction of Israel as described would also destroy the Dome of the Rock and the Al-Aqsa Mosque on the Temple Mount in Jerusalem.  Iirc, the Dome is the third holiest place in Islam, so one might surmise that not ever muslim leader would support this tactic.

Just a thought.

Ebor

"I wish they would remember that the charge to Peter was "Feed my sheep", not "Try experiments on my rats", or even "Teach my performing dogs new tricks". - C. S. Lewis

The Katana of Reasoned Discussion

For some a world view is more like a neighborhood watch.
TomS
Banned
Archon

« Reply #13 on: September 29, 2004, 08:08:03 PM »

Just a thought.

And excellent thoughts by the way.
Canmak

OC.net

« Reply #14 on: September 30, 2004, 04:32:05 PM »

The American military and Foreign Policiy Machine KNOWS EXACTLY what they are doing.  Don't think Iraq is a failure, sure about 1100 American/allied soldiers have lost there lives but from a military point of view the operation is a total success.  They achieved there goals of invading and replacing Sadam Huessein with very minimal casualties compared to the numbers that where thrown about during the lead up to the invasion.

Sure they lied to us, or should I say to you Americans (Canadian here) that your gov't lied to you about the reason for war.  Like it or not Weapons of Mass Destruction have not been found.......mind you though some of you (along with me) will argue that Saddam Huessein was a WMD and that was reason enough.  Regardless of that though these are the reasons why I think the Americans lead the war in Iraq (In no particular order):

1) To send a clear and strong message to the Islamic world......You can knock down two towers  crash a plane in a field and into the pentagon.  We can and will invade and destroy your Countries in a matter of weeks.  We now have two islamic countries under our control through our military might

2)  We will control your oil fields and we will make you eventually pay for the whole cost of the war. One way or another we will losen the grip that OPEC has on the world

3) We now have springboards into the whole islamic region, one Iraq is basically the center of the Mid Eastern Islamic world.....they are situated in between Syria, Iran and Saudi Arabia......Syria and Iran are known supporters of terrorism and it sends a super strong message to them not to even think about messing around with the US or supporting anyone that messes around with the US.  Saudi Arabia.....most of the 9/11 hijackers were Saudi....the royal house of Saudi like it or not is losing massive influence in there own country...the islamic fundamentalists are gaining power there.....the US is situated now in Iraq to make sure that will not happen.  

If Iran does goe forward with this nuclear mindset look for one of two things: 1) Israel striking them with airstrikes - They have done it before to Iran against one of their Nuclear reactors and have stated they will do it again OR 2) Look for Americans to Destroy it themselves with Missle attacks.

The Americans are perfectly situated in all parts of the world to confront the Islamic Terrorist where ever he may be....and I think Iraq was just a step in achieving this.  I don't care what reason they used to justify the war I just feel the reasons above are the reasons they did it.

*Now in my statement I said 1100 soldiers is not alot, in a personal view or should I say as a Human that is alot, I feel for the parents and everyone that was touched by these lost soldiers...the above was only stated from a military point of view and from what I understand 1100 was way below the number that the American Military expected*

I honestly think that the class of the religions is going to happen real soon on a global scale.....We have seen the Russians state that they will use pre-emptive strikes now as well.....and they will use everything in there Arsenal but Nuclear Weapons.  They are following the Americans lead now, and no country can tell them no.

Most of the wars now are between Christians and Muslims in the world, or Between Jews(is that the proper term or is hebrew the proper term) and Muslims or Between what ever religion they follow in Asia (not very knowledgable but I am guessing some form of Bhudism) and Muslims, Hindus and Muslims.

When you stop and think about it Muslims are the common Factor in all of these wars.....and when you stop and think about it......the Americans and now the Russians are perfectly situated to confront these new fundamentalist threats.

I am not saying that they should kill all the muslims in the world......my best friend is a muslim.......I am saying that the fundies should be taken care of in what ever way possible and I know thats an Unchristian thought but I think its the only way.  

I also disagree with Christian Fundies as well and think they are crack smokers along with any religions fundies.

My doctor says I am fine its my other personalities that have the problems.
Nacho
OC.net guru

Faith: EasternOrthodox

The face of Corporate America

« Reply #15 on: September 30, 2004, 04:51:27 PM »

Great post Canmak!!!

I also disagree with Christian Fundies as well and think they are crack smokers along with any religions fundies.

Hehe Cheesy

The American military and Foreign Policiy Machine KNOWS EXACTLY what they are doing.  Don't think Iraq is a failure, sure about 1100 American/allied soldiers have lost there lives but from a military point of view the operation is a total success.  They achieved there goals of invading and replacing Sadam Huessein with very minimal casualties compared to the numbers that where thrown about during the lead up to the invasion.

True....I remember our friends on the left with thier doom & gloom predictions of thousands of deaths when we entered Baghdad & that there would be hand to hand combat in the streets.

1) To send a clear and strong message to the Islamic world......You can knock down two towers  crash a plane in a field and into the pentagon.  We can and will invade and destroy your Countries in a matter of weeks.  We now have two islamic countries under our control through our military might

Yes, and thanks to the current president we also saw Lybia fold & give up thier nuclear programs because they were afraid we were going after them next. I sure hope the boys & girls behave in Syria & Iran, because thier turn may be next.

The Americans are perfectly situated in all parts of the world to confront the Islamic Terrorist where ever he may be....and I think Iraq was just a step in achieving this.  I don't care what reason they used to justify the war I just feel the reasons above are the reasons they did it.

Yep, we sure are. I'm sure the throat cutters are starting to get a little nervous that we are right in thier backyard.

When you stop and think about it Muslims are the common Factor in all of these wars.....and when you stop and think about it......the Americans and now the Russians are perfectly situated to confront these new fundamentalist threats.

Yes they are. In fact they are causing 17 of the 19 world conflicts right now & it has nothing to do with the USA or Israel. They need to stop reading literally the Koran & Atlila the Hun & start thinking rationally.

"If I find in myself a desire which no experience in this world can satisfy, the most probable explanation is that I was made for another world."--Mere Christianity
spartacus
Elder

OC.net

« Reply #16 on: September 30, 2004, 10:11:10 PM »

Remember there are many Christians, too, and they have a hard stand as their faith is being tested daily. Bombs are no solution!

Nukes show up pretty hot. We know where there facilities are.....if we have to destroy their facilities then so be it.

However...The Israelis have much more experience at such things....In fact I think Saudi Arabia might even be willing to secretly allow Israeli planes to overfly and refuel over their airspace for such a mission...of course the Saudis will have to denounce the action...but they certainly don't want a nuclear armed Iran across the Gulf..
spartacus
Elder

OC.net

« Reply #17 on: September 30, 2004, 11:40:19 PM »

ATTENTION PLEASE

I humbly direct your attention to the Prayer forum and ask for your prayers in the coming days and weeks for two soldiers with a uniquely dangerous and lonely mission in Iraq.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2004, 11:40:52 PM by spartacus » Logged
Arystarcus
High Elder

Faith: Christian

« Reply #18 on: October 01, 2004, 01:37:39 AM »

That is true. No reason to invade - just bomb them back to the days of their prophet. That way they can truly experience their faith!

:cwm27:

I know I shouldn't be laughing, but I couldn't help but chuckle heartily when I read that. Good one, TomΣ.  Grin
Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: