OrthodoxChristianity.net
September 15, 2014, 12:31:42 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Church in Paris  (Read 680 times) Average Rating: 0
Michaelj

OC.net

« on: September 29, 2004, 06:39:45 AM »

Firstly hello again. I am back from a 2 month vacation on the Portuguese coast (Algarve) nice and tanned Smiley

I am going to go to Paris for Christmas (7th) and would like to know the addresses for the Russian Orthodox Churches there. I know there are MP and ROCOR churches. I don't care which I go to, though I do want the liturgy in Slavonic (don't speak French) and the bigger the church the better: I love a big Nativity service.

Any suggestions?

Cheers.

Dios es mi Esperanza, Cristo es mi Refugio, el Espiritu Santo mi Protección.
ania
Life according to Abe Simpson:
OC.net guru

« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2004, 12:03:19 PM »

Hi Michaelj,
Here are some places to go:
Church of Christ's Resurrection
8, RUE DES BIGOTS
MEUDON 92190
FRANCE

This is a small church right outside of Paris.  I went there when I was in Paris, but then the priest was Fr. Mihail Artsimovich, and it was a thriving parish.  I have heard that since his death, the parish is not so good now.  The deacon, Fr. Andrei, is very nice, but I do not know about the current priest.  
There is another church whose under some Greek group near the Arc de Triumph... I have not been in it, but my sister who lived in Paris for a year would go there on occasion.   I believe it's on Rue d'Rue, or something like that.

Orthodox Church
26, rue de Sartrouville
95240, PARIS
01 39 78 71 54
I have no idea who these people are, I just found the listing on Google.

22 Avenue Kleber, 75116, Paris, France
Telephone: +33 145 01 83 56 Fax: + 33 145 01 21 15
This is info for the Antiochian diocese.

I also know there is a MP parish in Vanve, but I've looked & looked but can't find a listing for it.

Now where were we? Oh yeah - the important thing was I had an onion on my belt, which was the style at the time. They didn’t have white onions because of the war. The only thing you could get was those big yellow ones...
Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: