OrthodoxChristianity.net
December 18, 2014, 06:33:35 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Monarchists might like this one...  (Read 285 times) Average Rating: 0
Tallitot
Warned
Archon

Faith: Jewish
Jurisdiction: United Synagogue of Conservative Judaism

« on: February 06, 2012, 06:49:46 PM »

This docudrama about Elizabeth II is done in an interesting way; rather then a Helen Mirren or Prunella Scales trying to imitate her for 90 min's, 4 different actresses protray her at different times in her life. It also uses newsreel and documentary footage of her:
(here are th efirst two parts, I believe the whole series is up on youtube).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ibCjfL5Ga8&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H6o_zroBamQ&feature=related
« Last Edit: February 06, 2012, 06:54:17 PM by Tallitot » Logged

Proverbs 22:7
genesisone
Archon

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Antioch

« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2012, 07:33:07 PM »

Thanks for the link. I've just finished watching the first part and look forward to the rest.

One possible slight error, however. There was mention that Princess Margaret was with her father when he died. Accounts that I have read record that the King had died during the night and was found by his manservant in the morning. I suppose it is possible to reconcile these accounts. And, of course, it is a very personal matter, so there may be room for speculation. The official story is not necessarily the most accurate. The development of the adult relationship between the two sisters will be an interesting study.
Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: