OrthodoxChristianity.net
April 20, 2014, 02:09:42 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The Rules page has been updated.  Please familiarize yourself with its contents!

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Ethiopian Christians to be deported from Saudi Arabia  (Read 578 times) Average Rating: 0
theorthodoxchurch
georgy

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: Orthodox Syrian Church of the East (Indian Orthodox Church)

georgy

« on: February 03, 2012, 01:29:34 PM »

Ethiopian Christians to be deported from Saudi Arabia

http://theorthodoxchurch.info/blog/news/2012/02/ethiopian-christians-to-be-deported-from-saudi-arabia/

Alpo
Taxiarches

Faith: <Insert your favourite patriotic attribute here> Orthodox

« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2012, 01:38:30 PM »

The question is why they were there in the first place. Why would any non-Saudi or non-Muslim would like to live in Saudi Arabia.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2012, 01:57:25 PM by Alpo » Logged

recent convert
Orthodox Chrisitan
OC.net guru

Faith: Christian
Jurisdiction: Antiochian (N.A.)

« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2012, 01:46:53 PM »

I am guessing that they work in the oil refineries. Such a tolerant nation.

Antiochian OC N.A.
mabsoota
Archon

Jurisdiction: Coptic

Kyrie eleison

« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2012, 01:48:42 PM »

money, mission, many reasons.
but i don't know them, so can't really say.
may God have mercy on them.
HabteSelassie
Ises and I-ity
Archon

Faith: Oriental Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Ethiopian Orthodox Tewahedo Church

« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2012, 03:36:11 PM »

Greetings in that Divine and Most Precious Name of Our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ!

The question is why they were there in the first place. Why would any non-Saudi or non-Muslim would like to live in Saudi Arabia.

Ethiopia can be a wild place, politically and economically speaking, and Saudi Arabia has some lucrative business relationships with Ethiopia so the opportunities are there..

The real question is why are the Saudis making such a gamble to rock the Ethiopian boat? Perhaps its deeper than that, the current Ethiopian regime is rather nefarious, especially towards expatriates as they make them look bad because more Ethiopians are fleeing Ethiopia today then during the Derg, and the Saudis have it real good with the current Ethiopian regime..

stay blessed,
habte selassie

"Yet stand aloof from stupid questionings and geneologies and strifes and fightings about law, for they are without benefit and vain." Titus 3:10
Carl Kraeff (Second Chance)
Taxiarches

Jurisdiction: OCA

« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2012, 03:45:57 PM »

The answer is simple: Islam is the religion of peace.

Michal: "SC, love you in this thread."
primuspilus
Taxiarches

Jurisdiction: Antiochian Orthodox Archdiocese of North America - Western Rite Orthodox

Inserting personal quote here.

« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2012, 03:50:11 PM »

The real question is why are the Saudis making such a gamble to rock the Ethiopian boat?
Because nobody will stop them. Do you think the mighty United Nations would dare chastize them? What about the US? The african nations surely wont do anything. Surely the other adherent nations to the "religion of peace" wont do anything.

Saudis have it real good with the current Ethiopian regime
and with everyone else too.

Basically, when you have the world by the short and curlies, you can pretty much do whatever you want.

Lord have mercy, and may these brothers and sisters in Christ find solace somewhere safe.

PP

"I confidently affirm that whoever calls himself Universal Bishop is the precursor of Antichrist"
Gregory the Great
HabteSelassie
Ises and I-ity
Archon

« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2012, 03:57:55 PM »

Greetings in that Divine and Most Precious Name of Our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ!

No, it may be WAY more complicated than you seem to think.

The real question is why are the Saudis making such a gamble to rock the Ethiopian boat?
Because nobody will stop them. Do you think the mighty United Nations would dare chastize them? What about the US? The african nations surely wont do anything. Surely the other adherent nations to the "religion of peace" wont do anything.

Basically, when you have the world by the short and curlies, you can pretty much do whatever you want.

Lord have mercy, and may these brothers and sisters in Christ find solace somewhere safe.

PP

No, but the Ethiopians could cut them off from the multi-BILLION dollar Saudi agricultural investments within Ethiopia proper and keep the infrastructure as a consolation prize Wink

Foreign investors and corporations, like in much of African aren't allowed to legally own land, they must ALWAYS operate through middlemen, and such is a fragile relationship when we are talking about billions of dollars. Saudis wouldn't want to upset the Ethiopian regime too much, which is precisely why Ethiopian Christian expats are living in Saudi Arabia in the first place, wouldn't Ethiopian Muslims seem a better fit?  However the regime is largely Christian (at least in name if not in practice)

Again, I would then suspect the Ethiopian regime is in some cahoots with this..  

For example, cadres from the regime have been known to infiltrate and even terrorize expatriate communities across the African continent and even the world at large.

stay blessed,
habte selassie
« Last Edit: February 03, 2012, 03:59:56 PM by HabteSelassie » Logged

"Yet stand aloof from stupid questionings and geneologies and strifes and fightings about law, for they are without benefit and vain." Titus 3:10
dzheremi
Protokentarchos

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Coptic

« Reply #8 on: February 03, 2012, 04:00:27 PM »

There are also many Christian Filipinos and Indians in Saudi, who likewise go there for work. The Filipinos often feel compelled to lie and say they are from Mindanao (the autonomous "Muslim province" in the Philippines which does not have a Muslim majority) in order to make their lives bearable. The large number of Filipinos was one of the reasons why the Vatican was in negotiations with the government of KSA for a church to be built there a little while ago. Of course the negotiations came to nothing because the government of KSA are a bunch of neanderthals and insane people. And these people lecture the rest of the world on tolerance for their religion? It makes me sick.

Lord have mercy on the struggling and oppressed Christians in Saudi Arabia, no matter where they are from. I know there are also some hidden believers among the Saudi Arabs, as well, though of course the majority of Saudis will deny it (I have befriended two such believers via the internet).

primuspilus
Taxiarches

Jurisdiction: Antiochian Orthodox Archdiocese of North America - Western Rite Orthodox

Inserting personal quote here.

« Reply #9 on: February 03, 2012, 04:30:40 PM »

No, but the Ethiopians could cut them off from the multi-BILLION dollar Saudi agricultural investments within Ethiopia proper and keep the infrastructure as a consolation prize
But they wont. The Saudis have a good part of the world held at gunpoint because they can inflate oil prices very fast. Ethiopia will do what everyone else will do. They will bow to the Saudis. Mark my words.

Foreign investors and corporations, like in much of African aren't allowed to legally own land, they must ALWAYS operate through middlemen, and such is a fragile relationship when we are talking about billions of dollars
Sweet 'lil set-up they've made for themselves.

Saudis wouldn't want to upset the Ethiopian regime too much, which is precisely why Ethiopian Christian expats are living in Saudi Arabia in the first place, wouldn't Ethiopian Muslims seem a better fit?
The Saudis dont care what the Ethiopians do for the same reason why the Saudis dont bat an eyelash when we complain about the Saudi's treatment of women, Christians, and "undemocratic" practices. They hold all the cards. You gotta play ball with O.P.E.C. and to do that, you gotta play ball with the Saudis.

However the regime is largely Christian (at least in name if not in practice)
I dont put alot of faith in modern governments that claim Christianity. IMHO politics always comes first, and Christ second in such regimes. Of course there are exceptions, but they are few.

cadres from the regime have been known to infiltrate and even terrorize expatriate communities across the African continent and even the world at large
Christian indeed........

The Filipinos often feel compelled to lie and say they are from Mindanao (the autonomous "Muslim province" in the Philippines which does not have a Muslim majority) in order to make their lives bearable
I know a guy from there that did that.

I know there are also some hidden believers among the Saudi Arabs, as well, though of course the majority of Saudis will deny it (I have befriended two such believers via the internet).
May the lord protect such brave believers!!!

PP

"I confidently affirm that whoever calls himself Universal Bishop is the precursor of Antichrist"
Gregory the Great
Carl Kraeff (Second Chance)
Taxiarches

Jurisdiction: OCA

« Reply #10 on: February 03, 2012, 04:51:24 PM »

No, it may be WAY more complicated than you seem to think.

PP

No, but the Ethiopians could cut them off from the multi-BILLION dollar Saudi agricultural investments within Ethiopia proper and keep the infrastructure as a consolation prize Wink

Foreign investors and corporations, like in much of African aren't allowed to legally own land, they must ALWAYS operate through middlemen, and such is a fragile relationship when we are talking about billions of dollars. Saudis wouldn't want to upset the Ethiopian regime too much, which is precisely why Ethiopian Christian expats are living in Saudi Arabia in the first place, wouldn't Ethiopian Muslims seem a better fit?  However the regime is largely Christian (at least in name if not in practice)

Again, I would then suspect the Ethiopian regime is in some cahoots with this..  

For example, cadres from the regime have been known to infiltrate and even terrorize expatriate communities across the African continent and even the world at large.

stay blessed,
habte selassie

Yes, it may well be much more complicated. However, I wanted to throw in that little jab anyway. It simply is wrong to say that Islam is the religion of peace, although many Muslims are indeed peaceful.

Michal: "SC, love you in this thread."
biro
Excelsior
Site Supporter
Toumarches

Jurisdiction: Greek Orthodox Church

Και κλήρονομον δείξον με, ζωής της αιωνίου

fleem
« Reply #11 on: February 03, 2012, 05:40:57 PM »

Has any other country offered to take them in?

It's horrible to be deported, but if it results in them not having to live in the KSA anymore, then...  Embarrassed

Charlie Rose: If you could change one thing about the world, what would it be?

Fran Lebowitz: Everything. There is not one thing with which I am satisfied.

http://spcasuncoast.org/
HabteSelassie
Ises and I-ity
Archon

« Reply #12 on: February 03, 2012, 11:56:55 PM »

Foreign investors and corporations, like in much of African aren't allowed to legally own land, they must ALWAYS operate through middlemen, and such is a fragile relationship when we are talking about billions of dollars

PP

Indeed, that is because Africans haven't rolled over and forgotten history..

By the way, India and many other nations have the same kinds of 50-50 rules regarding foreign investment and ownership.  Don't forget that the first colonizers were not nations or kingdoms but businesses and corporations Wink

stay blessed,
habte selassie

Gebre Menfes Kidus
"SERVANT of The HOLY SPIRIT"
Warned
Taxiarches

Faith: Ethiopian Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Orthodox Tewahedo / Non-Chalcedonian

"Lord Have Mercy on Me a Sinner!"

« Reply #13 on: February 04, 2012, 12:50:12 AM »

PP

Indeed, that is because Africans haven't rolled over and forgotten history..

By the way, India and many other nations have the same kinds of 50-50 rules regarding foreign investment and ownership.  Don't forget that the first colonizers were not nations or kingdoms but businesses and corporations Wink

stay blessed,
habte selassie

Amen!

Selam

“Lord, I say too many uncharitable things about people every day. I say them because they make me look clever. Help me to realize how cheap this is. I am stupid, quite as stupid as the people I ridicule. Help me to stop this selfishness, because I love You dear God." ~ FLANNERY O'CONNOR ~
Tags: Ethiopia Saudi Arabia Islam 
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: