OrthodoxChristianity.net
December 26, 2014, 04:01:31 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Council of Orange: Good or bad?  (Read 357 times) Average Rating: 0
Kaste
Site Supporter

Faith: Christian
Jurisdiction: member of the Invisible Church

« on: January 29, 2012, 11:06:18 PM »

hi folks,

Council of Orange: good or bad?

St. John Cassian: right or semi-wrong? 

Specifically does Orthodoxy disagree with the Council of Orange?  Does Catholicism embrace Orange wholly?  Papist, where you at? 

K
J Michael
Older than dirt; dumber than a box of rocks; colossally ignorant; a little crazy ;-)
Merarches

Faith: Byzantine Catholic

Lord, have mercy! I live under a rock. Alleluia!

« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2012, 04:32:44 PM »

hi folks,

Council of Orange: good or bad?
Which one?

St. John Cassian: right or semi-wrong?
About what? 

Specifically does Orthodoxy disagree with the Council of Orange?  Does Catholicism embrace Orange wholly?  Papist, where you at? 

Don't know; don't know; don't know.  Wink

"May Thy Cross, O Lord, in which I seek refuge, be for me a bridge across the great river of fire.  May I pass along it to the habitation of life." ~St. Ephraim the Syrian

"Sometimes you're the windshield.  Sometimes you're the bug." ~ Mark Knopfler (?)
Kaste
Site Supporter

Faith: Christian
Jurisdiction: member of the Invisible Church

« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2012, 09:08:40 PM »

haha

ok

fine

have

it

your

way:

The Orange council that spoke against pelagianism, but seemed to go too far against free will.  Protestants make use of this to support Calvinism.  Orthodox point to John Cassian who gave a lesser extreme answer on free will and grace, but is sometimes accused to semi-pelagianism.  So do Catholics fully support this council entirely or take issue with some of its view of grace operating with free will? 

K
« Last Edit: January 30, 2012, 09:13:05 PM by Kaste » Logged
Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: