OrthodoxChristianity.net
September 20, 2014, 04:29:04 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Very controversial, Orthodox Freemasons  (Read 12468 times) Average Rating: 0
yeshuaisiam
Protokentarchos

Faith: Orthodox, Anabaptist, Other Early Christianity kind of jumbled together

A pulling horse cannot kick.

« on: January 29, 2012, 02:56:13 PM »

http://mymartyrdom.com/orthomason.htm

Thoughts?  Comments?

My thoughts are that even though I'm not entirely jumping on board with this, I have seen a lot of Orthodox Christians involved in Freemasonry.  The shockers are the Patriarchs, which will take some time to dissolve and rationality to come into play once the shock wears off.   I'll have to figure out the validity.  Interested in some other's  opinions.

I learned how to be more frugal and save money at http://www.livingpress.com
mike
Stratopedarches

« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2012, 03:04:06 PM »

The author of this site used to post here.

IMO his more interesting theory is that oil is made of those who perished during the Deluge. And that using the Internet is sinful (he wrote that on his website).

Byzantinism
no longer posting here
FormerReformer
Convertodox of the convertodox
Site Supporter
Archon

Faith: Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction: I'll take (e) for "all of the above"

« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2012, 03:04:30 PM »

I would take anything from a website which blasts the Boyscouts as being "masonic" with a grain of salt, and perhaps a bottle or five of absinthe.

"Funny," said Lancelot, "how the people who can't pray say that prayers are not answered, however much the people who can pray say they are."  TH White

Oh, no: I've succumbed to Hyperdoxy!
Ionnis
OC.net guru

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: ROCOR

« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2012, 03:10:05 PM »

The Orthodox Church is clear that one cannot be a faithful Orthodox Christian and a Freemason.  Yes, some within the Orthodox Church are Freemasons, even high ranking clergymen.  It is scandalous, but lots of people live in defiance of the Church's teaching.  All sin is scandalous. 

"If you cannot find Christ in the beggar at the church door, you will not find Him in the chalice.”  -The Divine John Chrysostom

“Till we can become divine, we must be content to be human, lest in our hurry for change we sink to something lower.” -Anthony Trollope
JamesRottnek
Protokentarchos

Faith: Anglican
Jurisdiction: Episcopal Diocese of Arizona

I am Bibleman; putting 'the' back in the Ukraine

« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2012, 03:17:41 PM »

Before the following paragraph from the bottom of that page there is an image of a double-headed eagle with the caption "The ABOMINATION of DESOLATION" (capitalization, his):

We might see how other issues play a part in this slow break down of Orthodox Empires. This all started with Byzantium in 1204 when the Masonic Crusaders pillaged the once great city. Constantinople’s downfall became total in 1453 by the Turks who are now masons as well. Then in Russia it began with Ivan the Terrible in the 16th century and finally wiping out the Orthodox Church by the hands of Nikon in the 17th century (some wrongly say the last vestige of the Russian Empire left in the 20th century). This is how it develops. Freemasonry can then be tied into American Indian Prophecy with the 2-headed snake which ends up devouring all the towns and cities. They say it is no coincidence that the bald eagle is an American symbol. The debut of the two-headed eagle can be attributed to a foreshadowing of eventual ruin to those rulers that take it.

I know a secret about a former Supreme Court Justice.  Can you guess what it is?

The greatest tragedy in the world is when a cigarette ends.

American Spirits - the eco-friendly cigarette.

Preston Robert Kinney (September 8th, 1997-August 14, 2011
FormerReformer
Site Supporter
Archon

« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2012, 03:19:14 PM »

Other fun tidbits of insanity-

This 500 KB PDF file has an undeniable amount of references

How many references does it take for something to be "undeniable"? At what point does the amount of referenced material equal infallibility? And as an aside perhaps more appropriate for the Orthodox-Catholic forum- does this infallibility outweigh the Pope's, or is it the Pontiff's impressive list of references that make his ex cathedra statements infallible (and once I get an answer to my first question here, perhaps we Orthodox can finally figure out just which statements are then ex cathedra, by reference counting)?

"Funny," said Lancelot, "how the people who can't pray say that prayers are not answered, however much the people who can pray say they are."  TH White

FormerReformer
Site Supporter
Archon

« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2012, 03:22:20 PM »

Before the following paragraph from the bottom of that page there is an image of a double-headed eagle with the caption "The ABOMINATION of DESOLATION" (capitalization, his):

We might see how other issues play a part in this slow break down of Orthodox Empires. This all started with Byzantium in 1204 when the Masonic Crusaders pillaged the once great city. Constantinople’s downfall became total in 1453 by the Turks who are now masons as well. Then in Russia it began with Ivan the Terrible in the 16th century and finally wiping out the Orthodox Church by the hands of Nikon in the 17th century (some wrongly say the last vestige of the Russian Empire left in the 20th century). This is how it develops. Freemasonry can then be tied into American Indian Prophecy with the 2-headed snake which ends up devouring all the towns and cities. They say it is no coincidence that the bald eagle is an American symbol. The debut of the two-headed eagle can be attributed to a foreshadowing of eventual ruin to those rulers that take it.

So Freemasons are a world-destroying evil of such greatness that any Orthodox person is tainted by it, ecumenism is the root of all evil, American Indian Prophecies are the gospel truth?

JamesRottnek
Protokentarchos

« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2012, 03:27:53 PM »

So Freemasons are a world-destroying evil of such greatness that any Orthodox person is tainted by it, ecumenism is the root of all evil, American Indian Prophecies are the gospel truth?

We have seen the true light; we have received the heavenly Spirit; we have found the true faith, worshiping the undivided Indians, for the Prophecy has saved us.

I know a secret about a former Supreme Court Justice.  Can you guess what it is?

yeshuaisiam
Protokentarchos

« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2012, 04:39:25 PM »

Do the photos lie though?  Do masonic lodge memberships lie?

I don't entirely agree with him, so let me make that clear.  There are things that are a stretch for sure.
Not sure if some of you know about the luciferian faith of Freemasonry.
http://www.freemasonrywatch.org

mike
Stratopedarches

« Reply #9 on: January 29, 2012, 04:42:18 PM »

Do masonic lodge memberships lie?

Of course they do. The Masons are Jewish reptilians from the space that want to chip us in order to take control over the world. They have already infiltrated all the governments and religious organisations and media and everything.

Byzantinism
no longer posting here
PeterTheAleut
The Right Blowhard Peter the Furtive of Yetts O'Muckhart
Section Moderator
Protospatharios

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: OCA

Lord, have mercy on the Christians in Mosul!

« Reply #10 on: January 29, 2012, 05:28:07 PM »

When John Alden compiles them and interprets them for us (by telling us that the photos represent connections to Freemasonry when they could really be of anything, even something totally unrelated to Freemasonry), then maybe they do lie.
JamesRottnek
Protokentarchos

« Reply #11 on: January 29, 2012, 05:31:44 PM »

Most of those photos don't mean a thing.  In fact, at least one of them is very blurry, one of them merely shows a bishop at a Lions Club meeting (a photo, of course, being unable to substantiate claims that the Lions Club is Masonic), and the rest seem to lack English language captions so I'm not sure what the photos are even supposed to be of.  Then there was at least one (the one about Patriarch Demetrios) that I am not sure of any reason to believe it is authentic.  Especially when, searching for a reference to him being a Mason, the only pages on Google were True Orthodox sites, and their like.  Consequently, I question the validity of the photo, as - if it is what it claims to be - it would seem that the whole Orthodox world would know the Patriarch was a Mason.

podkarpatska
Merarches

Jurisdiction: ACROD

SS Cyril and Methodius Church, Mercer, PA

« Reply #12 on: January 29, 2012, 05:36:41 PM »

You know, I think that some folks spend way too much time watching stupid programs on the so-called "History Channel" and its sister networks for their own good. They had a really stupid one on Masonry yesterday which I watched for about 10 minutes on their 'Americas Book of Secrets' series. Same old, same old...shocking promos, five minutes of teasing, a minute of 'information', a commercial break, a rehash of the previous segment and a clip from some self-professed 'expert'. Just like 'Ancient Aliens.'

Reading is a far better pursuit.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2012, 05:37:02 PM by podkarpatska » Logged
Ionnis
OC.net guru

« Reply #13 on: January 29, 2012, 06:09:14 PM »

Of course they do. The Masons are Jewish reptilians from the space that want to chip us in order to take control over the world. They have already infiltrated all the governments and religious organisations and media and everything.
laugh laugh

"If you cannot find Christ in the beggar at the church door, you will not find Him in the chalice.”  -The Divine John Chrysostom

“Till we can become divine, we must be content to be human, lest in our hurry for change we sink to something lower.” -Anthony Trollope
podkarpatska
Merarches

« Reply #14 on: January 29, 2012, 07:08:02 PM »

laugh laugh

I guess they have the History Channel in Poland.  Wink Wink
That person
OC.net guru

Faith: Orthodox Catechumen
Jurisdiction: Antiochian Orthodox Christian Archdiocese of North America

Long live Commie Superman

« Reply #15 on: January 29, 2012, 08:06:03 PM »

So what exactly is the problem with Masonry?

"Some have such command of their bowels, that they can break wind continuously at pleasure, so as to produce the effect of singing."- St. Augustine of Hippo

Movie reviews you can trust.
Justin Kissel
Formerly Asteriktos
Protospatharios

« Reply #16 on: January 29, 2012, 08:07:34 PM »

Orthodox prefer log-built structures.

Har har har. Seriously though, I think it's all the secretive stuff and the stuff that blends religions or ecumenizes things, or something along those lines. I know ROCOR officially condemned it in the 20th century, did anyone else?

"No man gives the same exegesis twice: for he is not the same man, and it is not the same text." - St. Heraclitus
Ionnis
OC.net guru

« Reply #17 on: January 29, 2012, 08:45:21 PM »

The Synod of Greece condemned Freemasonry.  A link to their statement:
http://orthodoxinfo.com/ecumenism/masonry.aspx

podkarpatska
Merarches

« Reply #18 on: January 29, 2012, 10:26:27 PM »

Frankly, I think that the modern day influence of Masonry as some world wide 'conspiracy' is up there with Dan Brown and his stuff. Of course, I could have been blinded by their 'evil eye.' yeah....
yeshuaisiam
Protokentarchos

« Reply #19 on: January 30, 2012, 06:35:54 AM »

When John Alden compiles them and interprets them for us (by telling us that the photos represent connections to Freemasonry when they could really be of anything, even something totally unrelated to Freemasonry), then maybe they do lie.

Like Bishops in front of Obelisks?

yeshuaisiam
Protokentarchos

« Reply #20 on: January 30, 2012, 06:35:54 AM »

The Orthodox Church is clear that one cannot be a faithful Orthodox Christian and a Freemason.  Yes, some within the Orthodox Church are Freemasons, even high ranking clergymen.  It is scandalous, but lots of people live in defiance of the Church's teaching.  All sin is scandalous. 

But the site shows points of ecumenical Patriarchs being Freemasons.  (It's not just his site, but links to several sites along with photos). 

yeshuaisiam
Protokentarchos

« Reply #21 on: January 30, 2012, 06:35:54 AM »

The problem with your statement is that you lump together obvious delusional issues, with real ones.  The reptilian (David Ike) issues (clearly delusional), RFID chipping issues (people would never accept), and Jewish Zionism are different.

Masonry is a very secret organization and there are lodges in ALMOST every small town in America.  The entire US government is embedded with Freemasons.  The Freemasons text "morals and dogma" by Albert Pike directly call Lucifer the "God of Masonry".   Even presidents of past have spoken against the Masons and how they have a grasp on the government.

Even the White House in Washington D.C. is built on the base of a Masonic Eastern Star Pentagram - http://maps.google.com/maps?q=20500&hl=en&ll=38.89945,-77.03373&spn=0.031662,0.084543&sll=37.0625,-95.677068&sspn=33.02306,86.572266&hnear=Washington,+District+of+Columbia+20500&t=k&z=14

To make a mixture of Freemasonry along with clear delusional conspiracy and to add in semi backed conspiratorial issues is either a joke, or a horrible attempt to discredit the Freemason "conspiracy".   I haven't met a reptilian, but masons are all over the place.  LOL

Now with that said, I don't think it would be impossible for many of the upper clergy of the EO church to be Freemasons.

I find some of the photographs pretty amazing, and would not doubt that Masonry is behind the ecumenism movement as Masonry accepts all faiths under "one God".   

I like to keep an open mind when dealing with these issues.  Some of them are very real, and there are many EO brothers and sisters who will testify to them.

vamrat
Vamratoraptor
Taxiarches

Faith: Serbian Orthodox
Jurisdiction: New Gracanica

« Reply #22 on: January 31, 2012, 12:09:49 AM »

I would take anything from a website which blasts the Boyscouts as being "masonic" with a grain of salt, and perhaps a bottle or five of absinthe.

Dude, that will kill you, bro.  Kill you dead.

As for the OP, I'm not sure masonry is something Orthodox folks should get into.  My Priest is very opposed to it.  That's enough for me. 
PeterTheAleut
Section Moderator
Protospatharios

« Reply #23 on: January 31, 2012, 02:10:46 AM »

Do the photos lie though?  Do masonic lodge memberships lie?

So a bishop stands in front of the Washington Monument? Why is that such a big deal?

BTW, I'd like to know where you see that picture, because it certainly isn't on the Web page you linked in your OP.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2012, 02:13:08 AM by PeterTheAleut » Logged
Gebre Menfes Kidus
"SERVANT of The HOLY SPIRIT"
Warned
Merarches

Faith: Ethiopian Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Orthodox Tewahedo / Non-Chalcedonian

"Lord Have Mercy on Me a Sinner!"

« Reply #24 on: January 31, 2012, 02:27:30 AM »

I'm not an expert on Masonry, but my own opinion is that Christians should not be involved in any type of "secret society" that involves oaths, pledges, swearings, etc. The reason is because I believe such organizations and groups are essentially counterfeit replacements of The Church. Such groups usually promise the hope of unity, fraternity, brotherhood, the accomplishing of certain goals (which are often quite noble goals), solidarity, etc. In other words, they offer things that can only truly and authentically be found in and through the Church. Also, such groups can often instill a sense of superiority and foster prejudice. "Our fraternity is the best." "We are special because we are part of this select, secret organization." etc.

Certainly, some secret organizations are more nefarious than others. Skull and Bones and Free Masonry are probably more frought with subversive doctrines and evil ideas than the average college fraternity. But as a personal rule, I eschew any involvement in groups or organizations that involve secret pledges and such. If we are part of The Church, then what more do we need to be a part of? What do these organizations and groups offer us that we cannot find in and through the Church? Whatever they offer that the Church does not is at best superfluous to our salvation, and at worst detrimental to it.

Selam

"If we are unwilling to accept any truth that we have not first discovered and declared ourselves, we demonstrate that we are interested not in the truth so much as in being right." ~ Thomas Merton ~
Basil 320
Site Supporter
Archon

Faith: Eastern Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: Greek Orthodox Archdiocese of America, Holy Metropolis of Pittsburgh

« Reply #25 on: January 31, 2012, 05:14:51 AM »

Archbishop Seraphim is pictured with the Lions Club, which is absolutely not masonic.

"...Strengthen the Orthodox Community..."
PeterTheAleut
Section Moderator
Protospatharios

« Reply #26 on: January 31, 2012, 10:26:56 AM »

Archbishop Seraphim is pictured with the Lions Club, which is absolutely not masonic.
Don't tell that to a fellow who believes even the Boy Scouts are masonic. Roll Eyes
primuspilus
Taxiarches

Jurisdiction: Antiochian Orthodox Archdiocese of North America - Western Rite Orthodox

Inserting personal quote here.

« Reply #27 on: January 31, 2012, 12:01:41 PM »

Freemasonry does have a past connected with Luciferianism. I think Albert Pike wrote about that. He was a really high level Mason.

Lets not forget Lodge Propaganda Due. That made international headlines, and I think some RC bishops got caught up in it.

PP

"I confidently affirm that whoever calls himself Universal Bishop is the precursor of Antichrist"
Gregory the Great

"Never, never, never let anyone tell you that, in order to be Orthodox, you must also be eastern." St. John Maximovitch, The Wonderworker
recent convert
Orthodox Chrisitan
OC.net guru

Faith: Christian
Jurisdiction: Antiochian (N.A.)

« Reply #28 on: January 31, 2012, 01:03:39 PM »

I know where I live,  for almost a century, there have been Masonic lodges & Orthodox Churches within walking distance of another  that will probably fold from mutual declining membership. There will probably a growth in mosque formation though. When we are under sharia we will still be concerned about fweemasons & whistlers.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2012, 01:11:56 PM by recent convert » Logged

Antiochian OC N.A.
podkarpatska
Merarches

« Reply #29 on: February 01, 2012, 12:05:45 PM »

This piece on the old Masonic Temple in my hometown is as good a rebuttal to all of the conspiracy minded folks out there. Old guys with funny hats and secret oaths.....I don't think they are nearing their hopes of global domination. By the way, is it a shock to anyone that the founding fathers of the USA, given a chance to build a national capitol out of a swamp - built in the century following Peter the Great's icon to his ambition - St. Petersburg - that they would want a design intended to evoke the aspirations and promise of the American Revolution and the potential of the Republic which it led to? Get real.

http://nyslandmarks.com/treasures/08oct.htm

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention their vehicle designed for moving their troops into place -  Shriner minicycles.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2012, 12:10:55 PM by podkarpatska » Logged
yeshuaisiam
Protokentarchos

« Reply #30 on: February 01, 2012, 02:48:35 PM »

As for the OP, I'm not sure masonry is something Orthodox folks should get into.  My Priest is very opposed to it.  That's enough for me. 

The funny thing is, the Boy Scouts were founded in Masonry, and their ceremonies mimic masonic ceremonies and the "prayers" are to "universal gods", but this is besides the point.

yeshuaisiam
Protokentarchos

« Reply #31 on: February 01, 2012, 02:48:35 PM »

Do the photos lie though?  Do masonic lodge memberships lie?

So a bishop stands in front of the Washington Monument? Why is that such a big deal?

BTW, I'd like to know where you see that picture, because it certainly isn't on the Web page you linked in your OP.

Sorry was a different site, was the Vatican Obelisk.

Of course there are more shocking things than standing in front of an obelisk.

One look at the Mitre and you see the Eagles of "Morals and Dogma" by Albert Pike.  Ironic photo too, since many hold ecumenism as Masonic.

Remember, in Morals and Dogma, "Lucifer" is literally referred to as "The God of Freemasonry".

yeshuaisiam
Protokentarchos

« Reply #32 on: February 01, 2012, 02:48:35 PM »

Don't tell that to a fellow who believes even the Boy Scouts are masonic. Roll Eyes

"Regarding the organizations linked to Freemasonry, here’s one that is usually a surprise to many, the Scouting
Movement. Lord Baden-Powell, the founder was a Mason. The following quote comes from Kitchen, Yvonne.
Freemasonry Death In The Family. Fruitful Vine, PO Box 1112, Mountain Gate, Victoria 3156, Australia. 1997.
ISBN 0-646-34807-8. Page 156 “Even the Scouts and Girl Guides have their roots in Lord Baden-Powell’s
Freemasonry. He was a well-known Mason in the Lodge of the Grand Orient.”

www.ctmin.org/pdf/scouting.pdf
http://www.gl-mi.org/scouting-masons.htm
http://www.ctyankee.org/

I would not attack his rationale in oder to thrash his character to discredit everything he has posted.   People do make mistakes, but that doesn't make everything they say wrong.  I don't agree with 100% of what anybody says, but it doesn't make them completely wrong on every subject.  I happen to believe the Boy Scouts DO have Masonic roots and Masonic based ceremonies.   There is logical evidence that supports this.

yeshuaisiam
Protokentarchos

« Reply #33 on: February 01, 2012, 02:48:35 PM »

You know, I think that some folks spend way too much time watching stupid programs on the so-called "History Channel" and its sister networks for their own good. They had a really stupid one on Masonry yesterday which I watched for about 10 minutes on their 'Americas Book of Secrets' series. Same old, same old...shocking promos, five minutes of teasing, a minute of 'information', a commercial break, a rehash of the previous segment and a clip from some self-professed 'expert'. Just like 'Ancient Aliens.'

Reading is a far better pursuit.

Yeah I know.  One of 1000 reasons we don't have TV at our home. Smiley

yeshuaisiam
Protokentarchos

« Reply #34 on: February 01, 2012, 02:48:35 PM »

It's a Luciferian church, admitted in their own books, mirrored in their rituals, and extremely secretive on the upper levels.

yeshuaisiam
Protokentarchos

« Reply #35 on: February 01, 2012, 02:48:35 PM »

Orthodox prefer log-built structures.

Har har har. Seriously though, I think it's all the secretive stuff and the stuff that blends religions or ecumenizes things, or something along those lines. I know ROCOR officially condemned it in the 20th century, did anyone else?
LOL, many Orthodox do, as well as condemn Masonry.

yeshuaisiam
Protokentarchos

« Reply #36 on: February 01, 2012, 03:26:35 PM »

This piece on the old Masonic Temple in my hometown is as good a rebuttal to all of the conspiracy minded folks out there. Old guys with funny hats and secret oaths.....I don't think they are nearing their hopes of global domination. By the way, is it a shock to anyone that the founding fathers of the USA, given a chance to build a national capitol out of a swamp - built in the century following Peter the Great's icon to his ambition - St. Petersburg - that they would want a design intended to evoke the aspirations and promise of the American Revolution and the potential of the Republic which it led to? Get real.

http://nyslandmarks.com/treasures/08oct.htm

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention their vehicle designed for moving their troops into place -  Shriner minicycles.

Yeah... You know.... Those little Masons....
http://www.flickr.com/photos/crf/286733624/
http://vigilantcitizen.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/01/egypt41.jpg

Of course... Not including the google map link I posted above where the Eastern Star is ridden in the streets of Washington D.C.  (This is in museums in D.C. where they talked about the street design too).

Global dominance.... Of course not.... Political figures across the globe... No way.  Religious personages & clergy... How could it be?

I'm not trying to be rude to you, but Masonry is extremely powerful and is involved in governments and religious institutions worldwide.  1 lodge going down does not speak for the broad spectrum of Masonry.

Again, I DON'T support everything on the OP, but I believe the site shows definite Masonic personages involved in EO clergy & churches.

JamesRottnek
Protokentarchos

« Reply #37 on: February 01, 2012, 04:10:04 PM »

Have you ever been diagnosed with a psychiatric condition that leads one to have paranoid fantasies?

Even though rules are more loosely applied here than on other sections, we do not tolerate ad hominem attacks. In this instance, JamesRottneck is implying that the arguments made by another poster should be discounted because the person putting forth the argument may have paranoid delusions. He is not attacking the argument put forth; instead he is attacking the potential mental stability of the person with which he is arguing. Therefore, JamesRottnek is warned for 14 days. James--if you disagree, please free to contact Fr George or Fr Chris. Second Chance

« Last Edit: February 01, 2012, 08:44:17 PM by Second Chance » Logged

primuspilus
Taxiarches

Jurisdiction: Antiochian Orthodox Archdiocese of North America - Western Rite Orthodox

Inserting personal quote here.

« Reply #38 on: February 01, 2012, 04:16:35 PM »

I also think that Masons have nefarious purposes. I leave it simply at that.

PP

"I confidently affirm that whoever calls himself Universal Bishop is the precursor of Antichrist"
Gregory the Great

"Never, never, never let anyone tell you that, in order to be Orthodox, you must also be eastern." St. John Maximovitch, The Wonderworker
Aram

Faith: Armenian Church

« Reply #39 on: February 01, 2012, 04:16:56 PM »

The funny thing is, the Boy Scouts were founded in Masonry, and their ceremonies mimic masonic ceremonies and the "prayers" are to "universal gods", but this is besides the point.
What "ceremonies" would those be?  The BSA doesn't have set ceremonies for anything.  Prayers are not to "universal gods," but rather are worded in such a way so that each boy (or girl, for Ventures) is able to conceptualize it to their own particular mode of belief.  Scouting is a multi-faith movement that only requires of its members (at least in America) that one believes in some form of higher power.
NicholasMyra
Taxiarches

Jurisdiction: Antiochian/Greek

Avowed denominationalist

« Reply #40 on: February 01, 2012, 04:33:19 PM »

OP doesn't know anything about freemasonry.

Quote from: Orthonorm
if Christ does and says x. And someone else does and says not x and you are ever in doubt, follow Christ.

"You are philosophical innovators. As for me, I follow the Fathers." -Every heresiarch ever
FormerReformer
Site Supporter
Archon

« Reply #41 on: February 01, 2012, 04:52:35 PM »

Or the Boyscouts.

JamesRottnek
Protokentarchos

« Reply #42 on: February 01, 2012, 04:54:04 PM »

Or the Boyscouts.

Or the double-headed eagle.

podkarpatska
Merarches

« Reply #43 on: February 01, 2012, 05:24:29 PM »

My family is in the line. I think we are doomed, I say!

podkarpatska
Merarches

« Reply #44 on: February 01, 2012, 05:27:19 PM »

Or the Boyscouts.

So, according to the OP, we are to believe that the Bishops,priests, lay advisors, parents and scouts who are dedicated to the Eastern Orthodox Committee on Scouting are actually minions of Lucifer? http://eocs.org/  Back to that bridge in Brooklyn folks.....

The reptillian thing is a better cover, don't you think?
Tags:
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: