OrthodoxChristianity.net
August 20, 2014, 06:59:45 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Mature Topic: Sexuality  (Read 2846 times) Average Rating: 0
FormerReformer
Convertodox of the convertodox
Site Supporter
Archon

Faith: Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction: I'll take (e) for "all of the above"

« Reply #45 on: January 16, 2012, 06:17:11 PM »

Quote from: vamrat

It's alright.  Everyone needs a little Limp Bizkit Ramones now and then.

Fixed that for you.

Much better.

"Funny," said Lancelot, "how the people who can't pray say that prayers are not answered, however much the people who can pray say they are."  TH White

Oh, no: I've succumbed to Hyperdoxy!
vamrat
Vamratoraptor
Taxiarches

Faith: Serbian Orthodox
Jurisdiction: New Gracanica

« Reply #46 on: January 16, 2012, 06:22:31 PM »

Fixed that for you.

Did they have a song about "Nookies"?
Justin Kissel
Formerly Asteriktos
Protospatharios

« Reply #47 on: January 16, 2012, 06:27:50 PM »

Fixed that for you.

Did they have a song about "Nookies"?

It's not like Fred Durst was talking from experience anyway  Grin Tongue

Building up my spiritual life one blurry avatar at a time!
jaroslavkourakin

« Reply #48 on: January 16, 2012, 07:11:48 PM »

I'm 22 and I thank God for my virginity.

How do we as Orthodox Christians live by the Orthodox lifestyle even when it is frowned upon and made difficult by the rest of the world?

In an issue such as sex, unless you are absolutely sure the Spirit is guiding you to it, then it is better not to do it.
That person
OC.net guru

Faith: Orthodox Catechumen
Jurisdiction: Antiochian Orthodox Christian Archdiocese of North America

Long live Commie Superman

« Reply #49 on: January 16, 2012, 08:26:03 PM »

Nookie

Okay, so that's not the word I use in my little talk.  I would get in some serious trouble for using the language I typically use for this topic and the recipient is younger than 18.
Have you ever heard anybody under 18 talk about this topic? I go to a Christian high school and I still hear descriptions that would make Kevin Smith uncomfortable.

"Some have such command of their bowels, that they can break wind continuously at pleasure, so as to produce the effect of singing."- St. Augustine of Hippo

Movie reviews you can trust.
alanscott
Elder

Faith: Protestant
Jurisdiction: Wesleyan

« Reply #50 on: January 17, 2012, 05:02:45 PM »

Hello James, God be with you!

Please (all) permit a Protestant's reply on this faith issues board. I thought it might be for the good to hear a couple of the practical outcomes. Perhaps good to hear it first hand. (Lord Jesus Christ, Son of God, have mercy upon me, a sinner)

James, I'm sure you have considered the venereal disease and unwanted pregnancy aspect of this. One can attempt to protect themselves but none the less that concern is so very real. I would like you to know that it goes much further and deeper than that though. When I was your age I was very much of this world and, may God forgive me, could have cared less of this Christian law. I had a fair amount of premarital sex. You might not believe this but it is only A TEMPORARY pleasure yet carries with it LIFE LONG consequences! By the grace of God I did not contract disease nor do I bear an unwanted child. I should say 'to my knowledge' though. What if I do have a child in this world that I am not aware of?? What if one of the girls I had casual relations with had an abortion without my knowledge??? You see sin always takes us further than we want to go and carries consequences far greater than we are prepared for. I truly don't think that has happened mind you, but my point is it could be the case, and that is a simple fact I have to live with. As an Orthodox Christian you well know sex is God's blessing between a husband and wife. What about for me though? Imagine getting married, living with the woman you love, but as beautiful as God's gift is between us, how much of that glory has been contaminated or diminished because we had premarital sex before we met each other? All of this because I wanted a few moments temporary pleasure. God's will, plan, and rewards are so much greater than mine! 

Also, in reference to your being 'normal' comment:
My wife and I were recently listening to an Orthodox sermon (liturgy) on line to which the priest made the point that 'to have a normal life' is the most common of prayers. He said it is also the worst prayer we could ever make. For we are not normal nor are we intended to be normal. We are partakers of The Divine Nature and to be 'normal' would make us partakers of the world. The world is consuming darkness and as you know The Divine is everlasting peace!
At your age I was one of those 'cool' kids, that was 'normal' and having all kinds of fun. Perhaps I was one of the ones that would tease you for being a virgin. Please know that you sir, as you stand right now, are far more of a man than I ever was back then! 

Peace to you James! Be strong and meditate on God's living word.   

There are heathens that live with more virtue than I. The devil himself believes Jesus Christ is the Son of God. Neither of these things truly makes me Christian.
Isadore

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Mediterranean

« Reply #51 on: January 19, 2012, 12:58:54 AM »

I always tell my soldiers, "If she tells you you're special, trust me, it's not a complement.  There's only one way you're special."  I also say, "If she says you're the first, she means your the first dumb enough to believe her."

that's not very nice Sad

"Acquire a peaceful spirit, and around you thousands will be saved."
no_magic

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Russian

Every evil screams only one message: 'I'm good'

« Reply #52 on: January 28, 2012, 04:40:54 PM »

Dear James,

don't forget to control your thoughts, too. Because our mind is the place where all sinful actions get born. So if any sexual thought appear, dismiss it at once. Pray constantly to God, because we are too weak and demons whisper us all the time. So ask Lord for help to kill this temptation.
Punch
Warned
Protokentarchos

Faith: Christian
Jurisdiction: Body of Christ

« Reply #53 on: January 28, 2012, 11:38:19 PM »

I always tell my soldiers, "If she tells you you're special, trust me, it's not a complement.  There's only one way you're special."  I also say, "If she says you're the first, she means your the first dumb enough to believe her."

that's not very nice Sad

The truth is often unkind.  As I look at myself in the mirror, I can pretty much assume that any woman who wants to get into bed with me on the first date has already slept with about any life form available, some not even human.  However, after they are exposed to my charm, wit, and big soul, even the most hardened virgin lesbian melts in my arms.  Now, if you believe that, I have a deal for you on lakefront property for in Chad.

Orthodox only because of God and His Russians.
Tags: fornication 
Pages: « 1 2  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: