OrthodoxChristianity.net
November 22, 2014, 01:10:49 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Abp. Torkom Manoogian, Armenian Patriarch of Jerusalem, Hospitalized  (Read 1690 times) Average Rating: 0
Aram
Elder

Faith: Armenian Church

« on: January 25, 2012, 06:43:02 PM »

This is a news story that just came out of New York from the Eastern Diocese of the Armenian Church:

Prayers for the Health of Patriarch Torkom Manoogian

http://www.armenianchurch-ed.net/news-and-media/news/prayers-for-the-health-of-patriarch-torkom-manoogian/

The former Primate of the Eastern Diocese was admitted on January 19 to a hospital in Jerusalem, Israel, where he is resting comfortably but has been drifting in and out of consciousness. Patriarch Torkom will turn 93 next month.

I assume there will be updates about His Beatitude's condition in the coming days.
Gisasargavak

Faith: Oriental Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Armenian Apostolic Orthodox Church - Holy See of Echmiadzin

Առէ'ք, Կերէ'ք այս է մարմին իմ:

« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2012, 06:51:57 PM »

Der Voghormia.
stashko
Protokentarchos

Faith: ИСТОЧНИ ПРАВОСЛАВНИ СРБИН
Jurisdiction: Non Ecumenist Free Serbian Orthodox Church

Wonderworking Sitka Icon

« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2012, 06:55:18 PM »

Serbs Only Have One Patriarch In Beograd .So How Many Patriarchs do the Armenians Have, And Are They All United Or Separated...Or Are They Like Our Metropolitans, And the Main One in Armenia is the Original one....  Huh

ГОСПОДЕ ГОСПОДЕ ,ПОГЛЕДАЈ СА НЕБА ,ДОЂИ И ПОСЕТИ ТВОЈ ВИНОГРАД ТВОЈА ДЕСНИЦА ПОСАДИЛА АМИН АМИН.
biro
Excelsior
Site Supporter
Warned
Toumarches

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: Greek Orthodox

fleem
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2012, 06:56:42 PM »

Lord have mercy.

Charlie Rose: "If you could change one thing about the world, what would it be?"

Fran Lebowitz: "Everything. There is not one thing with which I am satisified."

spcasuncoast.org
Aram
Elder

« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2012, 07:17:43 PM »

Serbs Only Have One Patriarch In Beograd .So How Many Patriarchs do the Armenians Have, And Are They All United Or Separated...Or Are They Like Our Metropolitans, And the Main One in Armenia is the Original one....  Huh
I don't think this thread particularly needs this side discussion, but I'll bite.

The Catholicos of All Armenians is in Etchmiadzin.  There is also the Catholicosate of Cilicia, today based in Antelias, Lebanon. 

The ruling bishop of the Armenian Church in the Holy Land is the Patriarch of Jerusalem, who holds the rank of Archbishop.  There is also a Patriarch of Istanbul, also an Archbishop, who holds authority over the Armenian Church in what is today Turkey.

All are canonically in communion with each other, and all represent the entirety of the Armenian Church.
Riddikulus
Protokentarchos

« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2012, 07:20:30 PM »

Lord, have mercy.

I believe in One God, maker of heaven and earth and of all things visible and invisible.

Nothing in biology makes sense except in the light of evolution.
Theodosius Dobzhansky, Russian Orthodox Christian (1900-1975)
stashko
Protokentarchos

Wonderworking Sitka Icon

« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2012, 07:23:00 PM »

Serbs Only Have One Patriarch In Beograd .So How Many Patriarchs do the Armenians Have, And Are They All United Or Separated...Or Are They Like Our Metropolitans, And the Main One in Armenia is the Original one....  Huh
I don't think this thread particularly needs this side discussion, but I'll bite.

The Catholicos of All Armenians is in Etchmiadzin.  There is also the Catholicosate of Cilicia, today based in Antelias, Lebanon.  

The ruling bishop of the Armenian Church in the Holy Land is the Patriarch of Jerusalem, who holds the rank of Archbishop.  There is also a Patriarch of Istanbul, also an Archbishop, who holds authority over the Armenian Church in what is today Turkey.

All are canonically in communion with each other, and all represent the entirety of the Armenian Church.
Thanks For the Reply...
This word , Etchmiadzin ,is it traslated as Pope or Patriarch in English ,,,... Huh  And Does Your Church Have Metropolitans ....Also This one You Mentioned, There is also the Catholicosate of Cilicia, in Lebonon is he sperated or united ,And what does Catholicosate mean in english....

I posted ^These Questions here , Because this thread wasn't Posted in the Prayer Forum ..... police
« Last Edit: January 25, 2012, 07:41:06 PM by stashko » Logged

ГОСПОДЕ ГОСПОДЕ ,ПОГЛЕДАЈ СА НЕБА ,ДОЂИ И ПОСЕТИ ТВОЈ ВИНОГРАД ТВОЈА ДЕСНИЦА ПОСАДИЛА АМИН АМИН.
Aram
Elder

« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2012, 07:36:45 PM »

Serbs Only Have One Patriarch In Beograd .So How Many Patriarchs do the Armenians Have, And Are They All United Or Separated...Or Are They Like Our Metropolitans, And the Main One in Armenia is the Original one....  Huh

The Catholicos of All Armenians is in Etchmiadzin.  There is also the Catholicosate of Cilicia, today based in Antelias, Lebanon.  

The ruling bishop of the Armenian Church in the Holy Land is the Patriarch of Jerusalem, who holds the rank of Archbishop.  There is also a Patriarch of Istanbul, also an Archbishop, who holds authority over the Armenian Church in what is today Turkey.

Thanks For the Reply...
This word , Etchmiadzin ,is it traslated as Pope or Patriarch in English ,,,... Huh  And Does Your Church Have Metropolitans ....
Etchmiadzin is the Holy See of the Armenian Church.  It literally translates as "the Place of the Descent of the Only-Begotten," based on a vision St. Gregory the Illuminator had of Christ descending from heaven and striking the ground with a golden hammer at the location where the church was to be built.  That spot, tradition states, is where the modern-day Cathedral stands.

And, yes, our church has dioceses and diocesan bishops, if that's what you're asking.
stashko
Protokentarchos

Wonderworking Sitka Icon

« Reply #8 on: January 25, 2012, 07:45:03 PM »

Thanks Again...

I added to my post above  Grin...How Can one Learn ,If the Questions arn't  Asked.... police
« Last Edit: January 25, 2012, 07:47:09 PM by stashko » Logged

Hiwot
Christ is Risen!
OC.net guru

Jurisdiction: Ethiopian Orthodox Tewahedo Church

Job 19:25-27

« Reply #9 on: January 25, 2012, 07:45:33 PM »

Lord have mercy on your faithful servant!

To God be the Glory in all things! Amen!

Only pray for me, that God would give me both inward and outward strength, that I may not only speak, but truly will; and that I may not merely be called a Christian, but really be found to be one. St.Ignatius of Antioch.Epistle to the Romans.
Salpy
Toumarches

Faith: Oriental Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: Armenian Church

Pray for the Christians of Iraq and Syria.

« Reply #10 on: January 25, 2012, 08:52:11 PM »

Տէր ողորմեա։

Lord have mercy!

stashko
Protokentarchos

Wonderworking Sitka Icon

« Reply #11 on: January 25, 2012, 09:52:28 PM »

Prayers....

Gospode Pomiluji ...Amin Amin
Lord Have Mercy...Amen Amen
Господе Помилуји...Амин Амин

Prayers For His Recovery,
Lord's Will Be Done .....Amen Amen

Gisasargavak

Jurisdiction: Armenian Apostolic Orthodox Church - Holy See of Echmiadzin

Առէ'ք, Կերէ'ք այս է մարմին իմ:

« Reply #12 on: January 25, 2012, 10:11:52 PM »

Abp. Torkom is highly revered in the Eastern Diocese of America, as he was the Primate for 24 some odd years. A lot of people have fond memories of his time in America, my father being among them. He is nothing more than one of the most humble and educated servants of Christ and the Church. Աստուած հովանի եւ առողջութիւն շնորհեսցէ մարմնոյ նորին! +++
« Last Edit: January 25, 2012, 10:14:02 PM by Gisasargavak » Logged
Brigidsboy
Elder

Jurisdiction: Armenian

« Reply #13 on: January 26, 2012, 12:37:48 AM »

This is a news story that just came out of New York from the Eastern Diocese of the Armenian Church:

Prayers for the Health of Patriarch Torkom Manoogian

http://www.armenianchurch-ed.net/news-and-media/news/prayers-for-the-health-of-patriarch-torkom-manoogian/

The former Primate of the Eastern Diocese was admitted on January 19 to a hospital in Jerusalem, Israel, where he is resting comfortably but has been drifting in and out of consciousness. Patriarch Torkom will turn 93 next month.

I assume there will be updates about His Beatitude's condition in the coming days.

Տէր ողորմեա։

Lord have mercy!

He has had an extraordinary career in the service of our Church. I pray for his healing.

"I don't think I've ever eaten anything Armenian I didn't like.  I even drink my non-Armenian coffee out of a St Nersess Seminary coffee mug because it is better that way." --Mor Ephrem
CoptoGeek
of Alexandria, the Christ-loving City
OC.net guru

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Coptic Orthodox Church

« Reply #14 on: January 27, 2012, 08:47:08 AM »

Lord have mercy.

"Be oppressed, rather than the oppressor. Be gentle, rather than zealous. Lay hold of goodness, rather than justice." -St. Isaac of Nineveh

“I returned to the Coptic Orthodox Church with affection, finding in her our tormented and broken history“. -Salama Moussa
ICXCNIKA
High Elder

Jurisdiction: OCA

« Reply #15 on: January 27, 2012, 09:00:14 AM »

Lord, have mercy.
Aram
Elder

« Reply #16 on: February 05, 2012, 02:31:34 PM »

His Beatitude's condition has worsened, according to a press release from Jerusalem.

http://laoblog.weebly.com/132913981409140014101380137714081393.html

The Vicar of the Patriarchate, Abp. Nourhan Manoogian, has assumed day-to-day control of the Patriarchate and Brotherhood.
minasoliman
Mr., Sir, Dude, Guy, Male, tr. Minas in Greek, Menes in white people Egyptologists :-P
Section Moderator
Toumarches

Jurisdiction: Coptic Orthodox Archdiocese of North America

Strengthen O Lord the work of Your hands(Is 19:25)

« Reply #17 on: February 05, 2012, 03:03:46 PM »

Lord, have mercy!

Vain existence can never exist, for "unless the LORD builds the house, the builders labor in vain." (Psalm 127)

If the faith is unchanged and rock solid, then the gates of Hades never prevailed in the end.
biro
Excelsior
Site Supporter
Warned
Toumarches

Jurisdiction: Greek Orthodox

fleem
« Reply #18 on: February 05, 2012, 03:40:01 PM »

Lord have mercy. St. Pantaleimon, pray for us.

Charlie Rose: "If you could change one thing about the world, what would it be?"

Fran Lebowitz: "Everything. There is not one thing with which I am satisified."

spcasuncoast.org
IXOYE
Site Supporter
High Elder

« Reply #19 on: February 05, 2012, 04:23:10 PM »

Lord, have mercy!
Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: