OrthodoxChristianity.net
December 21, 2014, 11:56:49 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Widespread methamphetamine abuse leads to more catastrophic accidents  (Read 440 times) Average Rating: 0
ChristusDominus
High Elder

Faith: Latin Rite

Saint Aloysius Gonzaga

« on: January 25, 2012, 02:22:01 AM »

A new brand of "shake and bake" methamphetamine, a highly dangerous and addictive drug that also goes by the name of crank, tweak and blow is posing a new threat to Americans. Users mix highly volatile ingredients together in makeshift labs, often causing explosions that destroy homes. In turn, the fires flood hospital emergency rooms with patients without insurance, leading to the closure of many burn units.

http://www.catholic.org/national/national_story.php?id=44509

There is no more evident sign that anyone is a saint and of the number of the elect, than to see him leading a good life and at the same time a prey to desolation, suffering, and trials. - Saint Aloysius Gonzaga
HabteSelassie
Ises and I-ity
Archon

Faith: Oriental Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Ethiopian Orthodox Tewahedo Church

« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2012, 04:59:27 PM »

Greetings in that Divine and Most Precious Name of Our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ!

Meth is about the worst evil to come into the world, period.  It interconnects and reinforces all other evils, and exaggerates them.  I've never seen a substance so quickly turn human beings into incarnate devils.

Lord Have His Mercy!

Let us pray about this pandemic sweeping not only the US,  but the world.  Meth is not like opiates or cocaine, it is an altogether worse evil. Opiates are disabling, cocaine is a short duration, meth gets people high for days upon days after even the smallest ingestion!

Further folks honestly fool themselves into thinking it is a productive drug, that they can maintain a normal life while under its spell.. they aren't fooling anyone but themselves. I usually am not so harsh in my judgments against drug users, after all, they are victims of their own disease, however meth is something else entirely.  I have no sympathies for meth users, and no trust for them.

You can turn your back on a person, but NEVER turn your back on a drug.
Hunter Thompson

In the US Meth has almost overtaken cannabis, something remarkable to think of considering cannabis has been with human societies for tens of thousands of years, and it is rather recreational plant, whereas meth is an overwhelming and powerful drug, not something people can experiment with or use casually..

The Devil is trying to make an army of meth zombies...

stay blessed,
habte selassie

"Yet stand aloof from stupid questionings and geneologies and strifes and fightings about law, for they are without benefit and vain." Titus 3:10
Schultz
Christian. Guitarist. Zymurgist. Librarian.
Taxiarches

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: OCA

Scion of the McKeesport Becks.

« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2012, 05:13:29 PM »

I blame gay marriage proponents.

"Hearing a nun's confession is like being stoned to death with popcorn." --Abp. Fulton Sheen
biro
Excelsior
Site Supporter
Moderated
Hoplitarches

« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2012, 05:27:44 PM »

"If you're on it for more than two weeks, you're hooked." - Richard Pryor

I have to find my book of akathists. These people need prayer.
HabteSelassie
Ises and I-ity
Archon

Faith: Oriental Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Ethiopian Orthodox Tewahedo Church

« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2012, 05:52:30 PM »

Greetings in that Divine and Most Precious Name of Our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ!

"If you're on it for more than two weeks, you're hooked." - Richard Pryor

These people need prayer.

Word.  I miss the days when international wars were fought over simple drugs like sugar and salt, meth is an altogether new Dragon emerging, and we can sure use a contemporary Saint George to handle biz..

stay blessed,
habte selassie

"Yet stand aloof from stupid questionings and geneologies and strifes and fightings about law, for they are without benefit and vain." Titus 3:10
GabrieltheCelt
Hillbilly Extraordinaire
Taxiarches

Faith: Eastern Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: OCA

Chasin' down a Hoodoo...

« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2012, 12:37:21 AM »

My young nephew, once a mild-mannered good-looking football player who made good grades, is now a meth addict of just over a year.  It's turned him into a lying, gaunt, black-souled creature that will hurt you for money.  Where I come from, meth has made it's indelible, evil mark that will not be erased til the Second Coming. 

"The Scots-Irish; Brewed in Scotland, bottled in Ireland, uncorked in America."  ~Scots-Irish saying
Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: