OrthodoxChristianity.net
October 30, 2014, 03:08:54 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 »  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Whores will enter the kingdom of heaven befopre CEO's  (Read 4029 times) Average Rating: 0
ialmisry
There's nothing John of Damascus can't answer
Warned
Hypatos

Faith: جامعي Arab confesssing the Orthodox Faith of the One, Holy, Catholic and Apostolic Church
Jurisdiction: Antioch (for now), but my heart belongs to Alexandria

« on: January 23, 2012, 11:34:07 AM »

Rather, what I am trying to get across is that two people of the same gender can never engage in sex without sinning in the process, and to wish them well in their sin is no better than to hope for continued sin from anyone else.

No one can be baptized or confirmed Roman Catholic without taking up some erroneous doctrine in the process. And getting married Roman Catholic comes with the assurance, to the priest at least, that you will raise your children in Roman Catholicism. And after all, raising kids in godliness, not sex, is supposed to be the primary purpose of marriage. To wish someone well at his heterodox baptism/ confirmation/ wedding is therefore to condone heresy. Just send him a gift and a card instead.  

The difference is that if it were an Orthodox baptism/confirmation/wedding, there would of course be no problem.  There is no such Orthodox equivalent for a gay union, any more than there is a house blessing for a whorehouse.

Orthodox theology makes much of Christ blessing and sanctifying marriage by His Presence in Cana.  Just His mere presence.
You'd be surprised: they blessed brothels before in Romania (it was shown on tv). It's good for the business. I mean, I do not know if it's any different from blessing corporate offices etc.
and, yes, we know about your confusion about legitimate business and criminal activity.  Jobs and industry just pop out of nowhere in your workers' paradise.  Did they bless the Danube Canal?
« Last Edit: January 23, 2012, 11:34:51 AM by ialmisry » Logged

Question a friend, perhaps he did not do it; but if he did anything so that he may do it no more.
A hasty quarrel kindles fire,
and urgent strife sheds blood.
If you blow on a spark, it will glow;
if you spit on it, it will be put out;
                           and both come out of your mouth
augustin717
Taxiarches

Faith: The other ROC

« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2012, 11:38:51 AM »

Doesn't some obscurantist book say that whores will enter the kingdom of heaven befopre CEO's or some such?
ialmisry
Warned
Hypatos

Faith: جامعي Arab confesssing the Orthodox Faith of the One, Holy, Catholic and Apostolic Church

« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2012, 11:52:02 AM »

Doesn't some obscurantist book say that whores will enter the kingdom of heaven befopre CEO's or some such?
No.

Question a friend, perhaps he did not do it; but if he did anything so that he may do it no more.
primuspilus
Taxiarches

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: Antiochian Orthodox Archdiocese of North America - Western Rite Orthodox

Inserting personal quote here.

« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2012, 11:53:09 AM »

We all need Christ all the same. I also guarantee there are CEO's in heaven. I also guarantee that there are former prositiutes in heaven. Im not really thinking God checks the "occupation" line on the theosis application.

PP

"I confidently affirm that whoever calls himself Universal Bishop is the precursor of Antichrist"
Gregory the Great

"Never, never, never let anyone tell you that, in order to be Orthodox, you must also be eastern." St. John Maximovitch, The Wonderworker
augustin717
Taxiarches

« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2012, 12:22:21 PM »

We all need Christ all the same. I also guarantee there are CEO's in heaven. I also guarantee that there are former prositiutes in heaven. Im not really thinking God checks the "occupation" line on the theosis application.

PP
I wish all CEO's all went to heaven, as speedily as possible, and leave earth to us.
ialmisry
Warned
Hypatos

« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2012, 12:26:14 PM »

PP
I wish all CEO's all went to heaven, as speedily as possible, and leave earth to us.
Who's "us"?

augustin717
Taxiarches

« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2012, 12:27:40 PM »

Those of us that do not worship them as some pinnacles of human race and all that. You might wanna join them in heaven, I dunno.
primuspilus
Taxiarches

Jurisdiction: Antiochian Orthodox Archdiocese of North America - Western Rite Orthodox

« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2012, 12:28:56 PM »

Those of us that do not worship them as some pinnacles of human race and all that. You might wanna join them in heaven, I dunno.
I dont worship them as the pinnacle of the human race, however they are not arch-villians either.

PP

"I confidently affirm that whoever calls himself Universal Bishop is the precursor of Antichrist"
Gregory the Great

"Never, never, never let anyone tell you that, in order to be Orthodox, you must also be eastern." St. John Maximovitch, The Wonderworker
augustin717
Taxiarches

« Reply #8 on: January 23, 2012, 12:30:02 PM »

I dont worship them as the pinnacle of the human race, however they are not arch-villians either.

PP
They are scum, dregs, filth . Because of the inherently oppressive nature of their position.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2012, 12:31:48 PM by augustin717 » Logged
primuspilus
Taxiarches

« Reply #9 on: January 23, 2012, 12:33:50 PM »

PP
They are scum, dregs, filth . Because of the inherently oppressive nature of their position.
Yep, they ate puppies and killed children to get where they are. Dont forget the evil, snidley whiplash-esqe moustache twirling......

PP

Gregory the Great

dzheremi
No longer posting here.
Warned
Protokentarchos

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Coptic

« Reply #10 on: January 23, 2012, 12:51:07 PM »

Yeah, maaaan. Occupy earth.

ialmisry
Warned
Hypatos

« Reply #11 on: January 23, 2012, 01:15:36 PM »

better than joining the comisars in the workers' paradise.

NicholasMyra
Avowed denominationalist
Taxiarches

Jurisdiction: Antiochian/Greek

When in doubt, say: "you lack the proper φρόνημα"

« Reply #12 on: January 23, 2012, 07:12:10 PM »

We all need Christ all the same. I also guarantee there are CEO's in heaven. I also guarantee that there are former prositiutes in heaven.
Why former prostitutes, but not former CEO's?
« Last Edit: January 23, 2012, 07:12:26 PM by NicholasMyra » Logged

Quote from: Orthonorm
if Christ does and says x. And someone else does and says not x and you are ever in doubt, follow Christ.
ialmisry
Warned
Hypatos

« Reply #13 on: January 24, 2012, 02:45:16 AM »

We all need Christ all the same. I also guarantee there are CEO's in heaven. I also guarantee that there are former prositiutes in heaven.
because no sin is involved in that occupation, in and of itself.  of course, the "Thou shall have no god before Me" "Thou shalt not steal," "Thou shalt not covet", the rich man and the camel etc. apply.

augustin717
Taxiarches

« Reply #14 on: January 24, 2012, 03:31:02 AM »

because no sin is involved in that occupation, in and of itself.  of course, the "Thou shall have no god before Me" "Thou shalt not steal," "Thou shalt not covet", the rich man and the camel etc. apply.
Yeah there is no sin in that noble and deyifing activity of hoarding up millions upon millions eatiing in the fanciest restaurants sleeping in the best hOtels getting all that honor from men ase that mysticism-obscurantist book says. In this there is no sin lmao one mIght as well practice the prayer of the heart in the midst of this all
« Last Edit: January 24, 2012, 03:38:53 AM by augustin717 » Logged
ialmisry
Warned
Hypatos

« Reply #15 on: January 24, 2012, 03:47:29 AM »

because no sin is involved in that occupation, in and of itself.  of course, the "Thou shall have no god before Me" "Thou shalt not steal," "Thou shalt not covet", the rich man and the camel etc. apply.
Yeah there is no sin in that noble and deyifing activity of hoarding up millions upon millions eatiing in the fanciest restaurants sleeping in the best hOtels getting all that honor from men ase that mysticism-obscurantist book says. In this there is no sin lmao one mIght as well practice the prayer of the heart in the midst of this all
so green with envy...surprising you haven't converted to Islam.

No, no sin in success honestly earned.

primuspilus
Taxiarches

« Reply #16 on: January 24, 2012, 12:38:26 PM »

So I guess you're hotly angered about the wedding feast with the Lord, the streets of gold and all that right? Something tells me if you had the ability to do all that you hate, you would not hate it. That color green does not befit you.

PP

Verboten vulgarity replaced with something more acceptable   -PtA
« Last Edit: January 25, 2012, 12:20:39 AM by PeterTheAleut » Logged

Gregory the Great

augustin717
Taxiarches

« Reply #17 on: January 24, 2012, 12:51:57 PM »

oh, please stop this dumb psychoanalysis both you and ialmisry...yawn...

I told you I despise such existence hate it insofar is built upon enslaving or destroying countless others but have no envy for it, I mean I do not fantasize about switching places.
And since we are still here, let me become for a minute an armchair psychoanalyst and say that conservative envy and hate seems to be directed at people living on food-stamps. Go figure...
primuspilus
Taxiarches

« Reply #18 on: January 24, 2012, 12:56:12 PM »

And since we are still here, let me become for a minute an armchair psychoanalyst and say that conservative envy and hate seems to be directed at people living on food-stamps
Actually, no. I was on food stamps for about 5 months 3 years back. However, I was also working 2 jobs and not finding ways to stay on the public dole ie. farting out more kids for a welfare raise, faking permanent injuries, etc. THAT is what I have a problem with.

PP

Gregory the Great

augustin717
Taxiarches

« Reply #19 on: January 24, 2012, 12:59:45 PM »

That's what they teach you at church nowadays, that childbearing is analogous to farting? talk about culture shaping religion....
augustin717
Taxiarches

« Reply #20 on: January 24, 2012, 01:05:33 PM »

And since we are still here, let me become for a minute an armchair psychoanalyst and say that conservative envy and hate seems to be directed at people living on food-stamps
Actually, no. I was on food stamps for about 5 months 3 years back. However, I was also working 2 jobs and not finding ways to stay on the public dole ie. farting out more kids for a welfare raise, faking permanent injuries, etc. THAT is what I have a problem with.

PP
You are a typical case in the conservative camp: your living on food-stamps is somehow justified since you were not lacking in all sorts of personal virtues that so many other put there-I would venture to say, of a different color than you, perhaps a different language- lack. So, you deserved a bit of support from the state because  you were industrious (virtuous), while those others  are worthy vessels of conservative wrath since they are "lazy" (lacking in virtue). A certain parable from a certain book comes to mind...
augustin717
Taxiarches

« Reply #21 on: January 24, 2012, 01:11:15 PM »

It's the same thought process that justifies, in many CEO's and bankers' minds, their getting bailed out by the state (IE food-stamps) since they must have been exceedingly virtuous to have gotten there, in the first place.
Conservatism can also be said to be a fetishization of hierarchy.
dzheremi
No longer posting here.
Warned
Protokentarchos

Jurisdiction: Coptic

« Reply #22 on: January 24, 2012, 01:27:28 PM »

What does any of this stuff about food stamps and CEOs have to do with the topic? Are the couple in the OP food stamp-abusing CEOs?

ialmisry
Warned
Hypatos

« Reply #23 on: January 24, 2012, 01:30:43 PM »

oh, please stop this dumb psychoanalysis both you and ialmisry...yawn...
No analysis needed where things are plainly stated.
I told you I despise such existence hate it insofar is built upon enslaving or destroying countless others but have no envy for it, I mean I do not fantasize about switching places.
Ah, denial.

Speaking of enslaving and destroying, did I miss your analysis of the difference between the building of the Danube Canal from building the Erie Canal?

And since we are still here, let me become for a minute an armchair psychoanalyst and say that conservative envy and hate seems to be directed at people living on food-stamps. Go figure...
...go get some facts to back it up.

augustin717
Taxiarches

« Reply #24 on: January 24, 2012, 01:32:23 PM »

the facts are al out there in every conservative rag, touchstone included
ialmisry
Warned
Hypatos

« Reply #25 on: January 24, 2012, 01:32:32 PM »

What does any of this stuff about food stamps and CEOs have to do with the topic? Are the couple in the OP food stamp-abusing CEOs?
Augustin, like any communist, works his socialist eutopia into everything.

augustin717
Taxiarches

« Reply #26 on: January 24, 2012, 01:33:19 PM »

btw, ialmisry, do they still distribute conservative mormon literature at your church?
« Last Edit: January 24, 2012, 01:33:54 PM by augustin717 » Logged
ialmisry
Warned
Hypatos

« Reply #27 on: January 24, 2012, 01:37:35 PM »

PP
You are a typical case in the conservative camp
Oh?  Typical bases on data or your fiat?
your living on food-stamps is somehow justified since you were not lacking in all sorts of personal virtues that so many other put there-I would venture to say, of a different color than you
I would venture that you assUme that primuspilus is white, and the "others" are black, facts not in evidence (and ignoring the fact that the vast majority of those on food stamps are white).

perhaps a different language- lack. So, you deserved a bit of support from the state because  you were industrious (virtuous), while those others  are worthy vessels of conservative wrath since they are "lazy" (lacking in virtue). A certain parable from a certain book comes to mind...
is that the book that says "if they will not work, neither should they eat"?

ialmisry
Warned
Hypatos

« Reply #28 on: January 24, 2012, 01:40:38 PM »

btw, ialmisry, do they still distribute conservative mormon literature at your church?
since your characterizations are so divorced from reality, you will have to be more specific.

augustin717
Taxiarches

« Reply #29 on: January 24, 2012, 01:43:15 PM »

since your characterizations are so divorced from reality, you will have to be more specific.
Like "The Natural Family" choke full with quotes from The Book of Nephi. That's the one they gave me . Did I look like an enemy of it, I dunno...
ialmisry
Warned
Hypatos

« Reply #30 on: January 24, 2012, 01:45:51 PM »

It's the same thought process that justifies, in many CEO's and bankers' minds
ah, a reader of hearts and minds you are
their getting bailed out by the state (IE food-stamps)

I don't know of anyone ever forced to take food-stamps (as many of the bankers and CEO's were, to cover for Barney Franks and company's mismanagement).
since they must have been exceedingly virtuous to have gotten there, in the first place.
care to quote their words?
Conservatism can also be said to be a fetishization of hierarchy.
then how did the workers' paradise get that fetish?

You've been here long enough to know that the Convert Issues board where you and augustin717 started this debate is reserved for discussion of issues revolving around conversion to the Orthodox Christian faith and that polemic debate is not permitted there. For being one of the prime movers in a heated off-topic debate on the Convert Issues board, and considering your long history of such violations of our boundaries, you are now on Post Moderation for the next 60 days. If you think this warning unfair, please feel free to appeal it via private message to Veniamin.

- PeterTheAleut

ialmisry
Warned
Hypatos

« Reply #31 on: January 24, 2012, 01:47:16 PM »

Like "The Natural Family" choke full with quotes from The Book of Nephi. That's the one they gave me . Did I look like an enemy of it, I dunno...
Never seen it, and I've been going there for nearly two decades.  I'll ask around.

augustin717
Taxiarches

« Reply #32 on: January 24, 2012, 01:48:31 PM »

I kept it I hope i'll find it
ialmisry
Warned
Hypatos

« Reply #33 on: January 24, 2012, 01:53:30 PM »

the facts are al out there in every conservative rag, touchstone included
Pravda has ruined your reading skills. Or was Scînteia the rag you used to wipe your mind clean?

ialmisry
Warned
Hypatos

« Reply #34 on: January 24, 2012, 01:56:56 PM »

I kept it I hope i'll find it
Is this it?
http://familymanifesto.net/fm/manifesto.asp

augustin717
Taxiarches

« Reply #35 on: January 24, 2012, 02:08:18 PM »

No, it's not this one, although they are probably related.
primuspilus
Taxiarches

« Reply #36 on: January 24, 2012, 02:15:01 PM »

You are a typical case in the conservative camp: your living on food-stamps is somehow justified since you were not lacking in all sorts of personal virtues that so many other put there-I would venture to say, of a different color than you, perhaps a different language- lack. So, you deserved a bit of support from the state because  you were industrious (virtuous), while those others  are worthy vessels of conservative wrath since they are "lazy" (lacking in virtue). A certain parable from a certain book comes to mind...
Yep, he who does not work, does not eat.

I did not "deserve" anything. I dont "deserve" anything. I asked the pull from the well that I have put something into, and it was approved. While pulling from that well, I still put something in it. I did not want anyone else to feed my family but me, so as soon as I could, I got off of it. im not surprised that you have a problem with that. Nor am I surprised that you would hurl your smug and superior bolts at me from on high.

PP

Gregory the Great

biro
Excelsior
Site Supporter
Toumarches

Και κλήρονομον δείξον με, ζωής της αιωνίου

fleem
« Reply #37 on: January 24, 2012, 04:54:38 PM »

You are a typical case in the conservative camp: your living on food-stamps is somehow justified since you were not lacking in all sorts of personal virtues that so many other put there-I would venture to say, of a different color than you, perhaps a different language- lack. So, you deserved a bit of support from the state because  you were industrious (virtuous), while those others  are worthy vessels of conservative wrath since they are "lazy" (lacking in virtue). A certain parable from a certain book comes to mind...

I did not "deserve" anything. I dont "deserve" anything. I asked the pull from the well that I have put something into, and it was approved. While pulling from that well, I still put something in it. I did not want anyone else to feed my family but me, so as soon as I could, I got off of it. im not surprised that you have a problem with that. Nor am I surprised that you would hurl your smug and superior bolts at me from on high.

PP

If you don't deserve anything, can I have back all the taxes I've paid over the years which benefit other people?

Charlie Rose: If you could change one thing about the world, what would it be?

Fran Lebowitz: Everything. There is not one thing with which I am satisfied.

spcasuncoast.org
HabteSelassie
Ises and I-ity
Archon

Faith: Oriental Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Ethiopian Orthodox Tewahedo Church

« Reply #38 on: January 24, 2012, 05:05:59 PM »

Greetings in that Divine and Most Precious Name of Our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ!

stay blessed,
habte selassie
« Last Edit: January 24, 2012, 05:07:15 PM by HabteSelassie » Logged

"Yet stand aloof from stupid questionings and geneologies and strifes and fightings about law, for they are without benefit and vain." Titus 3:10
primuspilus
Taxiarches

« Reply #39 on: January 24, 2012, 05:07:51 PM »

PP

If you don't deserve anything, can I have back all the taxes I've paid over the years which benefit other people?
Im not the one to as. However, I was simply stating that I dont have a "I deserve this or that" attitude. I asked for help, and got it.

PP

Gregory the Great

Riddikulus
Protokentarchos

« Reply #40 on: January 24, 2012, 05:16:25 PM »

Greetings in that Divine and Most Precious Name of Our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ!

stay blessed,
habte selassie

laugh That conditional love so prevalent on this thread?

I believe in One God, maker of heaven and earth and of all things visible and invisible.

Nothing in biology makes sense except in the light of evolution.
Theodosius Dobzhansky, Russian Orthodox Christian (1900-1975)
biro
Excelsior
Site Supporter
Toumarches

fleem
« Reply #41 on: January 24, 2012, 05:41:15 PM »

PP

Im not the one to as. However, I was simply stating that I dont have a "I deserve this or that" attitude. I asked for help, and got it.

PP

I'm sure I've paid for the interstate highways and the protection of the military. Since nobody ever asks me if I want to do that, I'll expect my money soon.

spcasuncoast.org
biro
Excelsior
Site Supporter
Toumarches

fleem
« Reply #42 on: January 24, 2012, 05:42:58 PM »

Oh, by the way, here's the connection: this thread really isn't off track at all. If gay people are taxed as much as straight people, yet they do not receive all the legal rights that straight people receive, are gay people not being subject to taxation without representation, as well as a lack of equal justice under the law?

This is not just a marriage issue.

spcasuncoast.org
primuspilus
Taxiarches

« Reply #43 on: January 24, 2012, 05:43:21 PM »

PP

PP

I'm sure I've paid for the interstate highways and the protection of the military. Since nobody ever asks me if I want to do that, I'll expect my money soon.
Forgive my inquiry, and its probably due to the inability of the internet to convey certian emotions, but your comment wasnt meant as a hit on me, was it?

PP

Gregory the Great

ialmisry
Warned
Hypatos

« Reply #44 on: January 24, 2012, 05:59:41 PM »

PP

Only if Bill Gates, Mitt Romney and others who earned their wealth (Romney donated his inheritance to charity) get the same deal.

Tags:
Pages: 1 2 3 »  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: