OrthodoxChristianity.net
September 18, 2014, 11:43:50 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 7-Foot Crucifix Falls, Kills Woman  (Read 1336 times) Average Rating: 0
Nacho
OC.net guru

Faith: EasternOrthodox
Jurisdiction: OCA

The face of Corporate America

« on: September 22, 2004, 04:26:32 PM »

http://www.local6.com/news/3752047/detail.html

ROME -- A woman was killed Wednesday when a nearly 7-foot-tall metal crucifix fell on her head in a small town in southern Italy, police said.

Maddalena Camillo, 72, was walking in the main square in the village of Sant'Onofrio when the crucifix toppled from a monument being restored for a religious celebration, police said.

Sant'Onofrio is in the region of Calabria, the toe of the boot-shaped Italian peninsula, about 370 miles south of Rome.  

"If I find in myself a desire which no experience in this world can satisfy, the most probable explanation is that I was made for another world."--Mere Christianity
Nacho
OC.net guru

« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2004, 04:29:48 PM »

Geeesh, talk about an "ironic" way to go out.....

"If I find in myself a desire which no experience in this world can satisfy, the most probable explanation is that I was made for another world."--Mere Christianity
Ebor
Vanyar
Taxiarches

« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2004, 06:59:05 PM »

Poor lady.  May she rest in Peace.

"I wish they would remember that the charge to Peter was "Feed my sheep", not "Try experiments on my rats", or even "Teach my performing dogs new tricks". - C. S. Lewis

The Katana of Reasoned Discussion

For some a world view is more like a neighborhood watch.
Αριστοκλής
Merarches

Faith: Orthodox Catholic
Jurisdiction: American Carpatho-Russian Orthodox Diocese

« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2004, 07:05:14 PM »

Prayers.
Lord have mercy.

Demetri

"Religion is a neurobiological illness and Orthodoxy is its cure." - Fr. John S. Romanides
ania
Life according to Abe Simpson:
OC.net guru

« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2004, 02:56:33 PM »

Indeed.  
The miricle-working Kursk icon of the Mother of God was kept on big feastdays on the mantlepeice of the ROCOR synodal headquarters dining room (I mean after services).  Once a woman was walking by, and the icon fell on her head.  It hit so hard that the woman was taken to the hospital for XRays.  
The icon itself had done no damage, but they discovered a large tumor growing in her brain.  It was just in time for treatment.

Now where were we? Oh yeah - the important thing was I had an onion on my belt, which was the style at the time. They didn’t have white onions because of the war. The only thing you could get was those big yellow ones...
Nacho
OC.net guru

« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2004, 10:50:16 PM »

I'm just wondering if being taken out by an Icon or Crucifix is a good thing.....kinda makes me think.... Roll Eyes

Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: