OrthodoxChristianity.net
August 01, 2014, 06:41:25 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: To get my life back on track.  (Read 542 times) Average Rating: 0
thefizzle656

Faith: Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Ecumenical Patriarchate

« on: January 19, 2012, 05:14:31 PM »

Hi everybody,

I returned to the US about a year ago after spending three years on Mt Athos.  I was a novice at one of the monasteries there for all of that time but for various reasons decided to return to the world.  I'm not sure how much of the details I should share in public so forgive the lack of them  Smiley .  One of the reasons that I returned was that I couldn't make a decision as to whether or not I wish to be a monastic or married  (I went when I was 20 and am now 24).  Fortunately my family has been supportive of me since returning and has been helping me for this past year.  I am planning on going back to school, but have run into some difficulties in the application process (I would be going to a university overseas and so there are a lot of hoops to jump through regarding documents, getting them translated and other things).  Please pray that I am able to get everything together both application-wise and financially and go to school this year and get my life back on track.  Sorry if my post is a little incoherent, I'm a little embarrassed about sharing this with others and asking for prayers  Smiley.

Thank you, from the bottom of my heart, for your prayers.

Alex
Justin Kissel
Formerly Asteriktos
Protospatharios

« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2012, 05:17:08 PM »

Please don't be embarrassed, thank you for posting the request Smiley Lord have mercy!

"Change is the process of becoming more like who we are."
FormerReformer
Convertodox of the convertodox
Site Supporter
Archon

Jurisdiction: I'll take (e) for "all of the above"

« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2012, 05:39:31 PM »

Lord, have mercy.

Getting all the records together for returning to school can be a harrowing experience, I just went through that myself for a university here in the States. I can only imagine how much harder it would be to go overseas!

"Funny," said Lancelot, "how the people who can't pray say that prayers are not answered, however much the people who can pray say they are."  TH White

Oh, no: I've succumbed to Hyperdoxy!
biro
Excelsior
Site Supporter
Toumarches

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: Greek Orthodox Church

Και κλήρονομον δείξον με, ζωής της αιωνίου

fleem
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2012, 09:18:14 PM »

Lord have mercy.

Most Holy Theotokos, pray for us.

Charlie Rose: If you could change one thing about the world, what would it be?

Fran Lebowitz: Everything. There is not one thing with which I am satisfied.

http://spcasuncoast.org/
Ionnis
OC.net guru

Faith: Orthodox

« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2012, 09:22:23 PM »

No need to be embarrassed.  I pray that the Lord's will is done. 

"If you cannot find Christ in the beggar at the church door, you will not find Him in the chalice.”  -The Divine John Chrysostom

“Till we can become divine, we must be content to be human, lest in our hurry for change we sink to something lower.” -Anthony Trollope
HandmaidenofGod
Archon

Jurisdiction: Ukrainian Orthodox Church of the USA (Ecumenical Patriarch)

O Holy St. Demetrius pray to God for us!

« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2012, 09:37:54 PM »

Lord, have mercy!

"For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, says the LORD, thoughts of peace and not of evil, to give you a future and a hope." Jer 29:11
Maximum Bob
Archon

Faith: Catechumen
Jurisdiction: Antiochian

Personal Text? We can have personal text?

« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2012, 11:00:10 PM »

Lord have mercy.

Prov. 3: 5-6 Trust in the Lord with all your heart, lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge Him, and He shall direct your paths.
Psalm 37:23 The Lord guides a man safely in the way he should go.
Riddikulus
Protokentarchos

« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2012, 03:07:25 AM »

Lord, have mercy.

I believe in One God, maker of heaven and earth and of all things visible and invisible.

Nothing in biology makes sense except in the light of evolution.
Theodosius Dobzhansky, Russian Orthodox Christian (1900-1975)
LizaSymonenko
Слава Ісусу Христу!!! Glory to Jesus Christ!!!
Global Moderator
Toumarches

Faith: God's Holy Catholic and Apostolic Orthodox Church
Jurisdiction: Ukrainian Orthodox Church of the U.S.A.

« Reply #8 on: January 20, 2012, 02:39:16 PM »

Lord, have mercy!

Conquer evil men by your gentle kindness, and make zealous men wonder at your goodness. Put the lover of legality to shame by your compassion. With the afflicted be afflicted in mind. Love all men, but keep distant from all men.
—St. Isaac of Syria
Hiwot
Christ is Risen!
OC.net guru

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: Ethiopian Orthodox Tewahedo Church

Job 19:25-27

« Reply #9 on: January 20, 2012, 11:32:25 PM »

You have nothing to be embarrassed about! Not one strand of our hair moves without God's Will, hold on to him in all things and wherever you may find yourself, knowing that you belong to him and He is the soul of your soul. so know that He is always with you and that He loves you. May His will be done in you! May the protection of the Most Holy Theotokos be with you always! May God help you with all that is needed in your life right now! Amen! Lord have mercy!

To God be the Glory in all things! Amen!

Only pray for me, that God would give me both inward and outward strength, that I may not only speak, but truly will; and that I may not merely be called a Christian, but really be found to be one. St.Ignatius of Antioch.Epistle to the Romans.
thefizzle656

Jurisdiction: Ecumenical Patriarchate

« Reply #10 on: January 21, 2012, 04:00:33 PM »

Thank you all so much for your prayers!   Smiley  I guess that I feel embarrassed because the expectation of those around me was to go to college right after high school and find a profession that would get me lots of money and "prestige".  I did what everyone was least expecting!  Even though I didn't stay I have no regrets at all and feel that going and trying that life was more than an invaluable experience.  This past year has just been very difficult for me, leaving the world for three years and then coming back to the US hasn't been easy at all and has left me both physically and spiritually exhausted.  I'm hoping that, by God's grace, this year will be different.  Just having posted this has made me feel a little better and more comfortable already.  Thank you all again!

P.S. FormerReformer, you can't imagine all the documents and certificates and other stuff needed just to apply!  Not to mention that it all has to be verified in the US and abroad!  It's a real nightmare but there is nothing I can do about it.
Fr. George
formerly "Cleveland"
Administrator
Stratopedarches

Faith: Orthodox (Catholic) Christian
Jurisdiction: GOA - Metropolis of Pittsburgh

May the Lord bless you and keep you always!

« Reply #11 on: January 23, 2012, 01:16:14 PM »

The posts offering advice have been moved to the following thread:
http://www.orthodoxchristianity.net/forum/index.php/topic,42535.0.html

In the future, when you have advice to offer in response to a prayer request, please start a parallel thread elsewhere in the forum and cross-link it - the prayer forum itself should be only for prayer requests, prayers, and praise.

- Fr. George, Global Mod

"The man who doesn't read good books has no advantage over the one who can't read them." Mark Twain
---------------------
Ordained on 17 & 18-Oct 2009. Please forgive me if earlier posts are poorly worded or incorrect in any way.
Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: