OrthodoxChristianity.net
November 23, 2014, 07:32:29 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: How do I follow my posts?  (Read 727 times) Average Rating: 0
Kaste
Site Supporter

Faith: Christian
Jurisdiction: member of the Invisible Church

« on: January 22, 2012, 01:32:04 PM »

So many different threads, it's like a maze.  I forget where I post. 

Good grief.

Is there a feature that displays a page of posts I've made so I can jump into the threads and followup?

Thanks!
K
Hamartolos
High Elder

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Antiochian

« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2012, 03:08:35 PM »

Yes, when you log in just click on "Show new replies to your posts" and it will list the topics that you've posted in.

Formerly known as "mctavix"
xariskai
юродивый/yurodivy
OC.net guru

יהוה עזי ומגני

« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2012, 09:56:08 PM »

Unfortunately "Show new replies to your posts" often skips listing some new replies to my posts. I just replied to one that was never in my list.

The operative word in my experience is "often."
« Last Edit: January 22, 2012, 09:57:27 PM by xariskai » Logged

Silly Stars
Irish Melkite
Information Mongeror
High Elder

Faith: Melkite Greek-Catholic
Jurisdiction: Eparchy of Newton

« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2012, 10:27:49 PM »

Unfortunately "Show new replies to your posts" often skips listing some new replies to my posts. I just replied to one that was never in my list.

That's really strange. When you say 'never in your list' are you, by chance, referring only to threads that you originated or to which you've subscribed?

The usage 'Show new replies to your posts' indicates that a post was made to a thread in which you posted - which should incorporate threads you originated. (I can't remember if there's a 'subscribe'/'notify me of' feature here that can be used separately or if one can only 'subscribe' by posting to a thread and having your profile set to show you replies to your posted threads.)

If anything, my experience is the opposite, it shows me every thread to which I made even a passing comment and which I may have no real interest in following over the long-term.

Anyway, to the OP's question - you can also click on your name and, in your profile, there is a link to 'Show the recent posts of this member' (or somesuch wording).

Many years,

Neil

"Not only is it unnecessary to adopt the customs of the Latin Rite to manifest one's Catholicism, it is an offense against the unity of the Church."

- Melkite Archbishop Joseph (Tawil), of blessed memory
xariskai
юродивый/yurodivy
OC.net guru

יהוה עזי ומגני

« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2012, 12:22:56 AM »

That's really strange. When you say 'never in your list' are you, by chance, referring only to threads that you originated or to which you've subscribed?
I was referring to posts in general, not just to threads I originated, but I also often don't receive notice of posts in "Show new replies to your posts" which were made in threads which the system indicates I am subscribed to when I go into the thread in which I had posted and to which there had been a reply. The way I find this out, as I mentioned, is to stumble back into the thread and notice replies which I was unaware had been made after my posts.

The usage 'Show new replies to your posts' indicates that a post was made to a thread in which you posted - which should incorporate threads you originated. (I can't remember if there's a 'subscribe'/'notify me of' feature here that can be used separately or if one can only 'subscribe' by posting to a thread and having your profile set to show you replies to your posted threads.)

If anything, my experience is the opposite, it shows me every thread to which I made even a passing comment and which I may have no real interest in following over the long-term.

Anyway, to the OP's question - you can also click on your name and, in your profile, there is a link to 'Show the recent posts of this member' (or somesuch wording).

Many years,

Neil

Poking around my profile I had the box checked next to:

"Turn notification on when you post or reply to a topic"

-which looks right as far as I can tell, and whenever I have tried to subscribe to topics which I have posted in I get the response that I am already subscribed.

I'm just not being notified in every case -regularly- for some reason.

Silly Stars
Irish Melkite
Information Mongeror
High Elder

« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2012, 08:39:11 AM »

My guess, it's the bonus stars - they're giving off some sort of negative energy that's interfering with the forum software  Roll Eyes

Many years,

Neil (donning his aluminum foil mitre  Wink   

"Not only is it unnecessary to adopt the customs of the Latin Rite to manifest one's Catholicism, it is an offense against the unity of the Church."

xariskai
юродивый/yurodivy
OC.net guru

יהוה עזי ומגני

« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2012, 09:37:31 AM »

My guess, it's the bonus stars - they're giving off some sort of negative energy that's interfering with the forum software  Roll Eyes

Many years,

hahaha;

nooooooooooooo!

This morning I checked:
Show new replies to your posts ...This post was there, nothing else. Then I checked:
Show unread posts since last visit  ...second thread down was "unity" which I've posted in repeatedly but which didn't show up in Show new replies to your posts.

Silly Stars
Kaste
Site Supporter

Faith: Christian
Jurisdiction: member of the Invisible Church

« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2012, 10:49:06 PM »

aha! right below my nose!

Cheers Hamartolos!
K
Irish Melkite
Information Mongeror
High Elder

« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2012, 11:54:56 PM »

Many years,

hahaha;

nooooooooooooo!

This morning I checked:
Show new replies to your posts ...This post was there, nothing else. Then I checked:
Show unread posts since last visit  ...second thread down was "unity" which I've posted in repeatedly but which didn't show up in Show new replies to your posts.

Did you, perchance, unsubscribe from it? It's possible to do that. If you do, I'm not sure whether it would show in 'new replies to your posts' - maybe someone else knows for certain.

Many years,

Neil

xariskai
юродивый/yurodivy
OC.net guru

יהוה עזי ומגני

« Reply #9 on: January 30, 2012, 10:58:17 AM »

My guess, it's the bonus stars - they're giving off some sort of negative energy that's interfering with the forum software  Roll Eyes

Many years,

Neil (donning his aluminum foil mitre  Wink  
hahaha;

nooooooooooooo!

This morning I checked:
Show unread posts since last visit  ...second thread down was "unity" which I've posted in repeatedly but which didn't show up in Show new replies to your posts.

Did you, perchance, unsubscribe from it? It's possible to do that. If you do, I'm not sure whether it would show in 'new replies to your posts' - maybe someone else knows for certain.

Many years,

Neil

No, I never did unsubscribe, and when I check in such threads they indicate that I am subscribed, but I don't receive all the notifications I should under "show new replies to your posts." I also do receive notifications by email that don't show up under "show new replies to your posts."

The only thing I can think of is perhaps a quirk of group reassignment (allowing users to view to private fora) as is the case here with stars.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2012, 10:59:11 AM by xariskai » Logged

Silly Stars
Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: