OrthodoxChristianity.net
July 23, 2014, 03:53:51 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: God took 5 year old Cole home  (Read 694 times) Average Rating: 0
Irish Melkite
Information Mongeror
High Elder

Faith: Melkite Greek-Catholic
Jurisdiction: Eparchy of Newton

« on: January 21, 2012, 05:54:50 AM »

After he had waged a valiant 18 month fight against a very aggressive neuroblastoma, God asked Cole, the 5 year old grandson of a friend from work, to give up the battle. He did and God took him home yesterday.

While Cole no longer needs prayers, I ask that, in your charity, you please remember his loving family. Their relief that he is no longer in pain and belief that he is a better place are still tinged with an overwhelming sorrow that those of us who have never lost a small child cannot really fathom.

Prayers for his loving parents, Michelle and Tony, for his devoted grandparents, Bob and Maryann, and all of Cole's family, but most especially for his very brave big sister, 10 year old Tara, and his bewildered and distraught identical twin brother, 5 year old Troy, who has endured months of periodic and often prolonged separations from his alter ego, alternating between courage and anger, and now must face what life will be like without his dearest and most beloved friend.

May the Theotokos watch with loving kindness over Cole's family, extending her mantle of protection over all who loved him but, most particularly, over his young sister, Tara, and little Troy. May the Lord bless them with memories of all the wonderful moments that were shared together and spare them recollection of the pain and suffering that they watched Cole endure.

May the memory of this little boy be eternal.

"Not only is it unnecessary to adopt the customs of the Latin Rite to manifest one's Catholicism, it is an offense against the unity of the Church."

- Melkite Archbishop Joseph (Tawil), of blessed memory
Justin Kissel
Formerly Asteriktos
Protospatharios

Faith: BZZT

« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2012, 06:19:06 AM »

Memory Eternal!
biro
Excelsior
Site Supporter
Toumarches

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: Greek Orthodox Church

Και κλήρονομον δείξον με, ζωής της αιωνίου

fleem
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2012, 08:35:33 AM »

Memory eternal.

Charlie Rose: If you could change one thing about the world, what would it be?

Fran Lebowitz: Everything. There is not one thing with which I am satisfied.

http://spcasuncoast.org/
Mariama

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: ACROD

Previously known as giraffe

« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2012, 08:53:59 AM »

Eternal Memory!  And prayers for his family.
dcommini
Tha mi sgulan na Trianaid
OC.net guru

Jurisdiction: Antiochian

Beannachd Dia dhuit

dcommini
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2012, 11:06:21 AM »

Memory Eternal! Lord have mercy on the family of young Cole.

Gun cuireadh do chupa thairis le slàinte agus sona - May your cup overflow with health and happiness
Check out my blog...
jnorm888
Jnorm
Archon

Faith: Eastern Orthodox

Icon and Cross (international space station)

« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2012, 11:27:10 AM »

Memory Eternal!

"loving one's enemies does not mean loving wickedness, ungodliness, adultery, or theft. Rather, it means loving the theif, the ungodly, and the adulterer." Clement of Alexandria 195 A.D.

http://ancientchristiandefender.blogspot.com/
Maximum Bob
Archon

Faith: Catechumen

Personal Text? We can have personal text?

« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2012, 11:49:34 AM »

May his memory be eternal, Lord have mercy on and comfort his family and especially the little ones, may they know your comfort and your peace. Hold them close Lord and bring them all further towards you.

Prov. 3: 5-6 Trust in the Lord with all your heart, lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge Him, and He shall direct your paths.
Psalm 37:23 The Lord guides a man safely in the way he should go.
Punch
Warned
Protokentarchos

Faith: Christian
Jurisdiction: Body of Christ

« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2012, 11:58:23 AM »

The dead always need our prayers, if not for their benefit, then for ours.  May God be with the soul of the child Cole and bring comfort and healing to his parents and those close to him.  And if God finds him innocent due to his age and suffering, may Cole also pray for our souls that we may be saved.

Orthodox only because of God and His Russians.
jckstraw72
OC.net guru

Jurisdiction: OCA

« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2012, 12:03:23 PM »

memory eternal!
stashko
Protokentarchos

Faith: ИСТОЧНИ ПРАВОСЛАВНИ СРБИН
Jurisdiction: Non Ecumenist Free Serbian Orthodox Church

Wonderworking Sitka Icon

« Reply #9 on: January 21, 2012, 12:11:40 PM »

Molitve.....

Blazeni Pokoj......Amin Amin
Vecnaja Pamjat....Amin Amin

ГОСПОДЕ ГОСПОДЕ ,ПОГЛЕДАЈ СА НЕБА ,ДОЂИ И ПОСЕТИ ТВОЈ ВИНОГРАД ТВОЈА ДЕСНИЦА ПОСАДИЛА АМИН АМИН.
HandmaidenofGod
Archon

Faith: Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Ukrainian Orthodox Church of the USA (Ecumenical Patriarch)

O Holy St. Demetrius pray to God for us!

« Reply #10 on: January 21, 2012, 12:22:35 PM »

Veechnaya Pomyat!

"For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, says the LORD, thoughts of peace and not of evil, to give you a future and a hope." Jer 29:11
Riddikulus
Protokentarchos

« Reply #11 on: January 21, 2012, 06:02:11 PM »

So sad.  To lose a child...  Cry Memory eternal.

I believe in One God, maker of heaven and earth and of all things visible and invisible.

Nothing in biology makes sense except in the light of evolution.
Theodosius Dobzhansky, Russian Orthodox Christian (1900-1975)
GTAsoldier
Elder

Faith: Christian
Jurisdiction: God knows what lives in me in place of me....

GTAsoldier
« Reply #12 on: January 21, 2012, 06:42:52 PM »

Memory eternal Sad

God be merciful to us sinners.

Quote from: IoanC
the best way of conveying God's love to people is through your own presence and deeds.
No longer posting on this forum. Thanks to all the helpful people who inspired me. God bless.
quietmorning
Quiet Morning
OC.net guru

« Reply #13 on: January 21, 2012, 09:06:29 PM »

Cry

Memory Eternal, and Lord have mercy on his family - especially his mom and dad and sister and twin brother.
JamesRottnek
Protokentarchos

Faith: Anglican
Jurisdiction: Episcopal Diocese of Arizona

I am Bibleman; putting 'the' back in the Ukraine

« Reply #14 on: January 23, 2012, 03:26:18 AM »

Memory Eternal!  And Lord have mercy!

I know a secret about a former Supreme Court Justice.  Can you guess what it is?

The greatest tragedy in the world is when a cigarette ends.

American Spirits - the eco-friendly cigarette.

Preston Robert Kinney (September 8th, 1997-August 14, 2011
Hiwot
Christ is Risen!
OC.net guru

Jurisdiction: Ethiopian Orthodox Tewahedo Church

Job 19:25-27

« Reply #15 on: January 24, 2012, 01:58:34 PM »

Oh this is so sad!

Lord have mercy on little Cole as he comes to your loving embrace, comfort, protect, and grant peace to his twin brother Troy, and his sister Tara, and his loving parents Michelle and Tony, his Loving grandparents Bob and Maryann and all the rest of his family and thier loving friends. amen Lord, have mercy!

To God be the Glory in all things! Amen!

Only pray for me, that God would give me both inward and outward strength, that I may not only speak, but truly will; and that I may not merely be called a Christian, but really be found to be one. St.Ignatius of Antioch.Epistle to the Romans.
CoptoGeek
of Alexandria, the Christ-loving City
OC.net guru

Jurisdiction: Coptic Orthodox Church

« Reply #16 on: January 24, 2012, 02:23:13 PM »

Memory Eternal.

"Be oppressed, rather than the oppressor. Be gentle, rather than zealous. Lay hold of goodness, rather than justice." -St. Isaac of Nineveh

“I returned to the Coptic Orthodox Church with affection, finding in her our tormented and broken history“. -Salama Moussa
Maria
Orthodox Christian
Taxiarches

O most Holy Theotokos, save us.

« Reply #17 on: January 24, 2012, 02:27:08 PM »

After he had waged a valiant 18 month fight against a very aggressive neuroblastoma, God asked Cole, the 5 year old grandson of a friend from work, to give up the battle. He did and God took him home yesterday.

While Cole no longer needs prayers, I ask that, in your charity, you please remember his loving family. Their relief that he is no longer in pain and belief that he is a better place are still tinged with an overwhelming sorrow that those of us who have never lost a small child cannot really fathom.

Prayers for his loving parents, Michelle and Tony, for his devoted grandparents, Bob and Maryann, and all of Cole's family, but most especially for his very brave big sister, 10 year old Tara, and his bewildered and distraught identical twin brother, 5 year old Troy, who has endured months of periodic and often prolonged separations from his alter ego, alternating between courage and anger, and now must face what life will be like without his dearest and most beloved friend.

May the Theotokos watch with loving kindness over Cole's family, extending her mantle of protection over all who loved him but, most particularly, over his young sister, Tara, and little Troy. May the Lord bless them with memories of all the wonderful moments that were shared together and spare them recollection of the pain and suffering that they watched Cole endure.

May the memory of this little boy be eternal.

May his memory be eternal.
Lord have mercy on his friends, relatives, and immediate family.

Glory to Jesus Christ!
Glory to Him forever!
Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: