OrthodoxChristianity.net
December 19, 2014, 02:29:08 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Show off your Guns!  (Read 20717 times) Average Rating: 0
yeshuaisiam
Protokentarchos

Faith: Orthodox, Anabaptist, Other Early Christianity kind of jumbled together

A pulling horse cannot kick.

« Reply #495 on: September 13, 2012, 05:31:02 PM »

That's why THIS: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M2HV089go6c  Doesn't happen in America.

"NORTHeastern Mexico". I wonder where do their guns come from.

Where a lot of illegal guns in Texas come from...Mexico

Yes many of them come from AMERICA.

With that said, why don't we have cartel wars in America? 

It's because we have an armed people.

In Mexico, guns are illegal, but the criminals get them and take over.
In America, criminals still get guns, but the people have the backs of the police.

That's why armed cartels are not roaming the streets here, and police stations are not under attack.

I learned how to be more frugal and save money at http://www.livingpress.com
vamrat
Vamratoraptor
Merarches

Faith: Serbian Orthodox
Jurisdiction: New Gracanica

« Reply #496 on: September 13, 2012, 05:32:56 PM »

That's why THIS: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M2HV089go6c  Doesn't happen in America.

Most probably come from the Mexican military or Police (corruption) or through the BATF (more corruption).  What I can pretty much guarantee you is that fully automatic weapons are not coming from American civilians.  They are too rare and too expensive.

Das ist des Jägers Ehrenschild, daß er beschützt und hegt sein Wild, weidmännisch jagt, wie sich’s gehört, den Schöpfer im Geschöpfe ehrt.
vamrat
Vamratoraptor
Merarches

« Reply #497 on: September 13, 2012, 05:38:20 PM »

There is at the very least a BATF background check.  

Done by a shop assistant? BTW wikipedia says BATF controls only sellers. So how is it checked?

It is called in to the ATF, ID and any purchasing permits scanned, and name is run.  Paperwork is filled out and must be kept on record for a number of years.
Michal may have noticed the signs behind the firearms in the photos he posted noting that Federal laws regarding purchase would be recognized.  

Yeah... The first one is to be older than 21? What are the others two? One cannot wear a prison uniform or a foreign military uniform? One cannot be an evil alien?

The first is 21 to buy a handgun OR handgun ammunition.  Second is 18 to buy a rifle or shotgun or their corresponding ammunition.  Third would be to have valid identification (for the BATF check and yellow form I mentioned above).

Das ist des Jägers Ehrenschild, daß er beschützt und hegt sein Wild, weidmännisch jagt, wie sich’s gehört, den Schöpfer im Geschöpfe ehrt.
Punch
Warned
Taxiarches

Faith: Christian
Jurisdiction: Body of Christ

« Reply #498 on: September 13, 2012, 06:22:09 PM »

No, these are free men who are not cattle like you ex-communists. 

Your extrapolations about a Country I doubt you'd ever even been to are matched only by your phallic fixations.

You write that in the USA people are raped, robbed or murdered all the time. The state is too weak to protect the citizens (or the citizens do not want to be protected) so everyone own a gun (or a dozen). Guns are able to be bought everywhere including internet shops and supermarkets. Even small children own them and are taught to shoot. The state also cannot provide medical healthcare and education for its people. Authorities from all political options speak all the time about God and religion. The state regularly starts wars with other countries - these are the characteristics of a third world post-colonial country like Palestine, Syria or Somalia.

I would be happy to agree with you, but then both of us would be wrong.
Punch
Warned
Taxiarches

Faith: Christian
Jurisdiction: Body of Christ

« Reply #499 on: September 13, 2012, 06:29:02 PM »

Nice headline with no attached article.  Like a lot of your posts - a stupid statement followed by no evidence.

Did you really just post a picture of Walmart that is extremely old? They don't sell guns in their stores anymore, atleast the urban ones.

Rural ones, maybe. But they have scaled back alot. I know my local Walmarts do not carry weapons in the Outdoors section. Oh and they don't allow the sale of pistols either.

Oh really?

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052748703367004576289230488920802.html

I would be happy to agree with you, but then both of us would be wrong.
Shiny
Site Supporter
Moderated
Toumarches

Faith: Groucho Marxist
Jurisdiction: Dahntahn Stoop Haus

Paint It Red

« Reply #500 on: September 13, 2012, 06:34:21 PM »

That reminds me, isn't there supposed to be a description to that link Mr. Moderator? police

“There is your brother, naked, crying, and you stand there confused over the choice of an attractive floor covering.”

– St. Ambrose of Milan
Aindriú
Faster! Funnier!
Protokentarchos

Faith: Cynical
Jurisdiction: Vestibule of Hell

« Reply #501 on: September 13, 2012, 07:04:31 PM »

Your extrapolations about a Country I doubt you'd ever even been to are matched only by your phallic fixations.

You write that in the USA people are raped, robbed or murdered all the time. The state is too weak to protect the citizens (or the citizens do not want to be protected) so everyone own a gun (or a dozen). Guns are able to be bought everywhere including internet shops and supermarkets. Even small children own them and are taught to shoot. The state also cannot provide medical healthcare and education for its people. Authorities from all political options speak all the time about God and religion. The state regularly starts wars with other countries - these are the characteristics of a third world post-colonial country like Palestine, Syria or Somalia.

I didn't realize everyone in Poland had a state appointed bodyguard that not only followed you around, but slept with you.

I'm going to need this.
Nephi
Monster Tamer
Section Moderator
Protokentarchos

Faith: Non-Chalcedonian Byzantine
Jurisdiction: Greek Orthodox Church of Antioch

« Reply #502 on: September 13, 2012, 07:39:52 PM »

I didn't realize everyone in Poland had a state appointed bodyguard that not only followed you around, but slept with you.

Cheesy
vamrat
Vamratoraptor
Merarches

« Reply #503 on: September 13, 2012, 11:14:00 PM »

Yeah right.  If this were true and the bodyguard were a Polish chick I'd have long ago emigrated.

Yes, vamrat would totally give up his gunz and third world/fourth rome gangsta lifestyle and live in Michal-Kalinaland for any of them (though preferably the brunette on the left).

Kerdy
Taxiarches

« Reply #504 on: September 13, 2012, 11:21:59 PM »

But it is strong enough to have the largest proportionate number of citizens in jail in the world.

Yeah, I forgot about several things: world's biggest prison ratio, forcing confessions under torture, jailing people without trial and great influence of the army - these are also marks of some third world dictatorship.
We get it.  America is filled with evil yahoo cowboys who enjoy actions never seen in any other part of the world, ever. Your first hand accounting and experience of American society is spot on.
Kerdy
Taxiarches

« Reply #505 on: September 14, 2012, 12:23:03 AM »

Frankly I need to purchase a gun myself, can't sleep at night worrying about someone barging through my door getting mugged for my lunch money.
Not for lunch money, but it happens all the time.
Kerdy
Taxiarches

« Reply #506 on: September 14, 2012, 12:25:56 AM »

Did you really just post a picture of Walmart that is extremely old? They don't sell guns in their stores anymore, atleast the urban ones.

Rural ones, maybe. But they have scaled back alot. I know my local Walmarts do not carry weapons in the Outdoors section. Oh and they don't allow the sale of pistols either.

Oh really?

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052748703367004576289230488920802.html
Which isn't too many, and as I said, since I live in an urbanized area, the Walmarts around me do not sell firearms.

Plus Firearms laws differ state to state. IIRC you just need a photo ID in some states.
Incorrect, all states must comply with federal regulations.  Your example doesn't happen, and if it did the store would lose its license.
celticfan1888
Production Operator - Chemtrusion
Archon

Faith: Orthodox Catholicism
Jurisdiction: Orthodox Church of America

« Reply #507 on: September 14, 2012, 01:21:52 AM »

But it is strong enough to have the largest proportionate number of citizens in jail in the world.

Yeah, I forgot about several things: world's biggest prison ratio, forcing confessions under torture, jailing people without trial and great influence of the army - these are also marks of some third world dictatorship.
We get it.  America is filled with evil yahoo cowboys who enjoy actions never seen in any other part of the world, ever. Your first hand accounting and experience of American society is spot on.

Kalina thinks that?  Huh
« Last Edit: September 14, 2012, 01:22:31 AM by celticfan1888 » Logged

Forgive my sins.
vamrat
Vamratoraptor
Merarches

« Reply #508 on: September 14, 2012, 01:54:49 AM »

Kalina thinks that?  Huh

There's 12 pages here.  Ye'll find it somewhere herein.

celticfan1888
Production Operator - Chemtrusion
Archon

Faith: Orthodox Catholicism
Jurisdiction: Orthodox Church of America

« Reply #509 on: September 14, 2012, 02:00:28 AM »

Kalina thinks that?  Huh

There's 12 pages here.  Ye'll find it somewhere herein.

America would be so much more fun with evil yahoo cowboys...actually the whole world would be. police

Forgive my sins.
Pan Michał
Elder

Faith: Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction: The Polish Autocephalous Orthodox Church

« Reply #510 on: September 14, 2012, 06:41:51 AM »

Yeah right.  If this were true and the bodyguard were a Polish chick I'd have long ago emigrated.

Hey, I actually know them (except of the blonde), we've worked in the same police headquarters!
vamrat
Vamratoraptor
Merarches

« Reply #511 on: September 14, 2012, 10:59:58 AM »

Yeah right.  If this were true and the bodyguard were a Polish chick I'd have long ago emigrated.

Hey, I actually know them (except of the blonde), we've worked in the same police headquarters!

Really?

Well, tell Brunette on the left that she has a secret admirer in the US.

EDIT, heck, you can tell both of 'em if you'd like... Wink
« Last Edit: September 14, 2012, 11:00:26 AM by vamrat » Logged

Pan Michał
Elder

Jurisdiction: The Polish Autocephalous Orthodox Church

« Reply #512 on: September 14, 2012, 12:18:56 PM »

Really?

Well, tell Brunette on the left that she has a secret admirer in the US.

EDIT, heck, you can tell both of 'em if you'd like... Wink

IIRC the one on the left wasn't married when I've worked there few years ago, which can't be said about one on the right - though if my memory won't fail me I'll tell them, when I'll meet them :>
« Last Edit: September 14, 2012, 12:19:07 PM by Pan Michał » Logged
sprtslvr1973
High Elder

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: OCA; Jurisdiaction of Dallas and the South

"Behold I stand at the Door and Knock" Rev. 3:20

« Reply #513 on: October 29, 2013, 08:02:33 PM »

+1

"Into thy hands I commend my spirit"- Luke 23:46
“Lord, I believe; help my unbelief!” - Mark 9:24
hecma925
Non-clairvoyant
Taxiarches

Jurisdiction: OCA - Diocese of the South

Pray for me, a sinner.

« Reply #514 on: October 30, 2013, 08:06:55 AM »

I have two Wal-Marts near me.  One sells rifles/shotguns; the other doesn't even have paintball guns.

I own a Romanian SAR1 (AK47 style) and a Winchester Model 1300 20 guage shotgun.  And an old off-brand .38 special.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2013, 08:07:07 AM by hecma925 » Logged

TheTrisagion
Armed Feline rider of Flaming Unicorns
Merarches

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Antiochian

« Reply #515 on: October 30, 2013, 08:42:26 AM »

Why can't you just take your spiritual edification like a man? 
hecma925
Non-clairvoyant
Taxiarches

Jurisdiction: OCA - Diocese of the South

Pray for me, a sinner.

« Reply #516 on: October 30, 2013, 09:35:44 AM »

You'll shoot your eye out!

Gunnarr
Warned
OC.net guru

« Reply #517 on: November 01, 2013, 05:17:10 AM »

Hyperdox herman does not use a gun! He uses a spear!

« Last Edit: November 01, 2013, 05:21:39 AM by Gunnarr » Logged

I am a demonic servant! Beware!
Santagranddad
OC.net guru

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: ROCA

« Reply #518 on: November 01, 2013, 05:54:12 AM »

The tone of this thread is in itself disturbing, on an Orthodox Christian website.

Now correct me if I am wrong but hasn't there been a big scandal around the ATF, guns smuggled down into Mexico under their watchful eye and then for some the same guns to pop up back in the US and be used against folks there?

J Michael
Older than dirt; dumber than a box of rocks; colossally ignorant; a little crazy ;-)
Merarches

Faith: Byzantine Catholic

Lord, have mercy! I live under a rock. Alleluia!

« Reply #519 on: November 01, 2013, 09:59:39 AM »

The tone of this thread is in itself disturbing, on an Orthodox Christian website.

Now correct me if I am wrong but hasn't there been a big scandal around the ATF, guns smuggled down into Mexico under their watchful eye and then for some the same guns to pop up back in the US and be used against folks there?

First sentence:  Yes, the tone of many threads can be considered disturbing.  Some of it is people just being silly and childish (like me  Grin).  Some of it is, well.....disturbing.

Second sentence: You are not wrong.

"May Thy Cross, O Lord, in which I seek refuge, be for me a bridge across the great river of fire.  May I pass along it to the habitation of life." ~St. Ephraim the Syrian

"Sometimes you're the windshield.  Sometimes you're the bug." ~ Mark Knopfler (?)
vamrat
Vamratoraptor
Merarches

« Reply #520 on: November 01, 2013, 02:39:47 PM »

First sentence:  Yes, the tone of many threads can be considered disturbing.  Some of it is people just being silly and childish (like me  Grin).  Some of it is, well.....disturbing.

The only thing he is wrong on was the "big scandal" bit.  The perpetrators are coated in teflon. 

J Michael
Older than dirt; dumber than a box of rocks; colossally ignorant; a little crazy ;-)
Merarches

Faith: Byzantine Catholic

Lord, have mercy! I live under a rock. Alleluia!

« Reply #521 on: November 01, 2013, 03:39:21 PM »

The only thing he is wrong on was the "big scandal" bit.  The perpetrators are coated in teflon. 

When the perps are the gummint, they're always teflonated--that is, until some kind of scape goat is needed.  For the rest of us, especially the people killed and their friends and families, yeah...big scandal.  (This might end up in "Politics"  Shocked )

"May Thy Cross, O Lord, in which I seek refuge, be for me a bridge across the great river of fire.  May I pass along it to the habitation of life." ~St. Ephraim the Syrian

"Sometimes you're the windshield.  Sometimes you're the bug." ~ Mark Knopfler (?)
Tags:
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: