OrthodoxChristianity.net
October 20, 2014, 06:46:25 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Show off your Guns!  (Read 18987 times) Average Rating: 0
Punch
Taxiarches

Faith: Christian
Jurisdiction: Body of Christ

« Reply #450 on: September 12, 2012, 09:35:11 PM »

One of my newest.  Ruger .44 Special flat top single action.  My new favorite carry gun.
Why on earth would you, if you must carry a gun, carry a single action?

Been shooting them since I was seventeen years old.  Qualified for my concealed carry permit with one.  Usually don't miss with one, keeping those around the target safe (unlike the nine civilians hit in the barrage of police gunfire recently in New York).  Confidence is 99% of success.  I have full confidence in my revolvers (including my single actions) and my ability with them.  I am not quite as confident with my autoloaders.

I would be happy to agree with you, but then both of us would be wrong.
Tzimis
Site Supporter
Archon

Faith: Greek Orthodox
Jurisdiction: GOA

« Reply #451 on: September 12, 2012, 10:02:56 PM »

I have many guns I can post. I always believed that real men hunt with bows. Grin

Excellence of character, then, is a state concerned with choice, lying in a mean relative to us, this being determined by reason and in the way in which the man of practical wisdom would determine it. Now it is a mean between two vices, that which depends on excess and that which depends on defect.
yeshuaisiam
Protokentarchos

Faith: Orthodox, Anabaptist, Other Early Christianity kind of jumbled together

A pulling horse cannot kick.

« Reply #452 on: September 12, 2012, 11:31:10 PM »

I have several guns in my home that are always loaded ready to shoot.

Nice...

I don't know how to take what you said, but in the context I was describing, I have a 12 gauge ready in the event coyotes go after my goats.   I have a .22 loaded for skunks, opossums, and raccoons that could kill many egg laying hens that I have.  My .177 hunting pellet gun is ready as well.

I use firearms all the time as a tool.   I don't use them for "show off" purposes.

In the context of home defense, I really believe strongly in non-resistance, however, when you have children and a wife to defend (perhaps it is a weakness in my faith) I would defend them.   This is not the reason for my firearms though.

In context of wars, I would still defend them which would be the case for an intruder.

But for hunting reasons & defending livestock, I don't see an alternative to firearms.
This is not exact but really close to my home to give the general idea of just how much land is around me.  We get overflow of critters and coyotes from all over - https://maps.google.com/maps?q=purdon,+tx&hl=en&ll=31.8761,-96.597633&spn=0.078135,0.110378&geocode=+&hnear=Purdon,+Navarro,+Texas&t=h&z=13

I did not mention wild hogs either in my last post.   Those things are MONSTERS here in Texas.  They'll eat you alive (I am not kidding).  There are people who have been gutted by their tusks while on their property.  I was once taking some hay down a dirt road on the go-kart (off road), and there was a large hog just standing there in the path grunting at me.  It would not move for anything.

SLOWLY, I took out the .22 (mounted on the cart) and pointed at him.  1st shot it screamed and started charging the cart, and I had to shoot it 8 times before it dropped (and I was lucky). 

Here are some photos of Texas Boars  (WARNING - some graphic hunting photos )
https://www.google.com/search?hl=en&safe=off&client=ubuntu&hs=PsL&channel=fs&q=large+texas+boar&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.r_qf.&biw=1024&bih=603&um=1&ie=UTF-8&tbm=isch&source=og&sa=N&tab=wi&ei=iVBRUPP9IMa42wXYnYCQCg

The one I got was about a 1/3 the size of the monster ones photographed.  It was around 600 pounds (est based off calf weight for size - and I could not drag it and had to get a truck to do it)

Anyway, I know this strays far from typical gun arguments for home defense, but there are absolute needs for them around here.  I would not travel on the acreage without being ready.  I've popped poisonous copperhead snakes, rattlesnakes, cotton mouth snakes, water moccasins....  Wild turkeys (that do NOT taste like butterball turkey).

None of the animals are killed to make me a "tough guy" though.  I really hate having to do it.   It's a tool, nothing more.

My point of explaining all of this is not the intent to "show off" the guns, but to elaborate there is points of gun ownership outside of shooting people.

I learned how to be more frugal and save money at http://www.livingpress.com
yeshuaisiam
Protokentarchos

« Reply #453 on: September 12, 2012, 11:43:44 PM »

Just for the sake of discussion.....

"Love your enemies"
"Pray for those who persecute you"
"Turn the cheek"
"Blessed are the peacemakers" (and no, he was not talking about the Colt Peacemaker)
"If somebody takes your tunic, give to him your coat as well"
"Resist not him that is evil"

Peter was disarmed by Christ.
Christ did not resist the crucifixion.

Are we as Christians supposed to be ready to shoot people for robbing our homes?  Endangering our families?

I would not shoot for robbing a home (if I walked in on a break in), but I would for endangering (home invasion stuff) my family.   Texas Castle law says I can shoot for a mere break in, but I would not.  It would have to be a family threat situation.  Does this viewpoint contradict the biblical passages?
« Last Edit: September 12, 2012, 11:45:01 PM by yeshuaisiam » Logged

mike
Stratopedarches

« Reply #454 on: September 13, 2012, 04:00:44 AM »

this is the last thread id expect in a forum like this... whats the point in even owning one?
What is the point of not owning one?

No chance of accidentally shooting myself when reaching for the tylenol.

(21 December 1992, North Carolina)
Ken Charles Barger, 47, accidentally shot himself to death in December in Newton, when, awakening to the sound of a ringing telephone beside his bed, he reached for the phone but grabbed instead a Smith & Wesson .38 Special, which discharged when he drew it to his ear.

Seems to me, lots of people around the world are being dragged out of their house and killed for what they believe.  Not so many are messed with when the thugs know the potential victim is armed.

America is a Third World country - yes, I've already read that here.

Byzantinism
no longer posting here
Kerdy
Warned
Taxiarches

« Reply #455 on: September 13, 2012, 07:53:09 AM »

this is the last thread id expect in a forum like this... whats the point in even owning one?

What is the point of telling dozens of thousands of people what guns does one have and how proficiently does he uses them?
What is the point of telling dozens of people anything?
Kerdy
Warned
Taxiarches

« Reply #456 on: September 13, 2012, 07:57:47 AM »

If you are that clumsy, you probably shouldn't have a gun around. laugh
Kerdy
Warned
Taxiarches

« Reply #457 on: September 13, 2012, 08:02:00 AM »

(21 December 1992, North Carolina)
Ken Charles Barger, 47, accidentally shot himself to death in December in Newton, when, awakening to the sound of a ringing telephone beside his bed, he reached for the phone but grabbed instead a Smith & Wesson .38 Special, which discharged when he drew it to his ear.

Seems to me, lots of people around the world are being dragged out of their house and killed for what they believe.  Not so many are messed with when the thugs know the potential victim is armed.

If you are that clumsy, you probably shouldn't have a gun around.
vamrat
Vamratoraptor
Taxiarches

Faith: Serbian Orthodox
Jurisdiction: New Gracanica

« Reply #458 on: September 13, 2012, 08:06:17 AM »

Remember this:

How quaint.  Reading what people write rather than reading what you expect to hear.

Your extrapolations about a Country I doubt you'd ever even been to are matched only by your phallic fixations.

mike
Stratopedarches

« Reply #459 on: September 13, 2012, 08:15:40 AM »

Your extrapolations about a Country I doubt you'd ever even been to are matched only by your phallic fixations.

You write that in the USA people are raped, robbed or murdered all the time. The state is too weak to protect the citizens (or the citizens do not want to be protected) so everyone own a gun (or a dozen). Guns are able to be bought everywhere including internet shops and supermarkets. Even small children own them and are taught to shoot. The state also cannot provide medical healthcare and education for its people. Authorities from all political options speak all the time about God and religion. The state regularly starts wars with other countries - these are the characteristics of a third world post-colonial country like Palestine, Syria or Somalia.

Byzantinism
no longer posting here
Nephi
Monster Tamer
Section Moderator
Protokentarchos

Faith: Non-Chalcedonian Byzantine
Jurisdiction: Greek Orthodox Church of Antioch

« Reply #460 on: September 13, 2012, 11:01:44 AM »

You write that in the USA people are raped, robbed or murdered all the time. The state is too weak to protect the citizens (or the citizens do not want to be protected) so everyone own a gun (or a dozen). Guns are able to be bought everywhere including internet shops and supermarkets. Even small children own them and are taught to shoot. The state also cannot provide medical healthcare and education for its people. Authorities from all political options speak all the time about God and religion. The state regularly starts wars with other countries - these are the characteristics of a third world post-colonial country like Palestine, Syria or Somalia.
I'm really hoping this was sarcasm. Cheesy
celticfan1888
Production Operator - Chemtrusion
Archon

Faith: Orthodox Catholicism
Jurisdiction: Orthodox Church of America

« Reply #461 on: September 13, 2012, 11:22:28 AM »

But it is strong enough to have the largest proportionate number of citizens in jail in the world.

A gun keeps a citizen from being a serf.

Forgive my sins.
mike
Stratopedarches

« Reply #462 on: September 13, 2012, 11:51:25 AM »

But it is strong enough to have the largest proportionate number of citizens in jail in the world.

Yeah, I forgot about several things: world's biggest prison ratio, forcing confessions under torture, jailing people without trial and great influence of the army - these are also marks of some third world dictatorship.

Byzantinism
no longer posting here
celticfan1888
Archon

« Reply #463 on: September 13, 2012, 11:52:19 AM »

Yeah, I forgot about several things: world's biggest prison ratio, forcing confessions under torture, jailing people without trial and great influence of the army - these are also marks of some third world dictatorship.

I was agreeing with you. You're doing it again.

Forgive my sins.
yeshuaisiam
Protokentarchos

« Reply #464 on: September 13, 2012, 12:34:22 PM »

Many Americans including myself believe the government was hijacked.   There are many militias sprouting up all over the USA.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S_LyJyh9tho  (Language warning)

The thing that is ironic for those in support of gun control, is that they approved of armed government agents to enforce the control itself.

mike
Stratopedarches

« Reply #465 on: September 13, 2012, 12:39:55 PM »

Many Americans including myself believe the government was hijacked.   There are many militias sprouting up all over the USA.

Yeah, the presence of armed gangs is one of the features too.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2012, 12:41:39 PM by Michał Kalina » Logged

Byzantinism
no longer posting here
Justin Kissel
Formerly Asteriktos
Protospatharios

Goodbye for now, my friend

« Reply #466 on: September 13, 2012, 12:45:09 PM »

"The second amendment is a reset button"  Roll Eyes

Paradosis ≠ Asteriktos ≠ Justin
vamrat
Vamratoraptor
Taxiarches

« Reply #467 on: September 13, 2012, 01:32:26 PM »

Michal reads what he wants to read.
celticfan1888
Archon

« Reply #468 on: September 13, 2012, 01:36:50 PM »

"The second amendment is a reset button"  Roll Eyes

'Tis!

Forgive my sins.
celticfan1888
Archon

« Reply #469 on: September 13, 2012, 01:37:07 PM »

Michal reads what he wants to read.

I think so. Lips Sealed

Forgive my sins.
vamrat
Vamratoraptor
Taxiarches

« Reply #470 on: September 13, 2012, 01:48:47 PM »

You write that in the USA people are raped, robbed or murdered all the time.

I'm gonna go all Isa up on you and defeat this drivel in detail.  Yes, people are raped, robbed and murdered all the time.  We are also the third largest nation in the world by population.

The state is too weak to protect the citizens

It is not the duty of the state to protect its citizens but to maintain order and thereby create a situation where people either do not need to be protected or can protect themselves.  Your definition is highly flawed.  Poland was unable to defend its people from neither Germany nor from Russia.  Was it a failed state?  Is Poland a third world nation?  I would bet my last dollar that either Germany or Russia could within a few months take Poland today supposing there were no outside intervention (*cough* America *cough*) and had the will to do so.  Does that make Poland a third world nation?  Same goes for Belorussia if you'd rather claim them.

(or the citizens do not want to be protected) so everyone own a gun (or a dozen).

A dozen?  You insult me.

Guns are able to be bought everywhere including internet shops and supermarkets.

Really?  Care to point me to one where a supermarket or online store where a firearm can be bought without proper licensing?  I'd love to know, though I'm afraid the Bureau of AnTi-Fun would beat me to it.

Even small children own them and are taught to shoot.

Own - Huh?  Taught to shoot - duh.  We are a free country and our parents don't abandon their children at birth.

The state also cannot provide medical healthcare and education for its people.

Third largest population in the world.  I'd rather live here than China or India, the next largest.

Authorities from all political options speak all the time about God and religion.

I fail to see the problem with this.  Would you rather Atheists?  You were too young to enjoy the benefits of the Warsaw Pact.  Perhaps ask your parents about it some time.

The state regularly starts wars with other countries - these are the characteristics of a third world post-colonial country like Palestine, Syria or Somalia.

No, these are the characteristics of a state that CAN.  The difference between Poland and the US is WE CAN.  We can exercise our interests politically, diplomatically, economically, and if need be militarily.  This is how states have always operated.  Do you want to know why Poland doesn't start wars like the US does?  Because in CANNOT.  Well, it could, but then it would revert back to punching-bag-for-Germany-and-Russia status. 

There are plenty of other characteristics of post-colonial third world nations that the US doesn't share.  Now if you will excuse me, I have to use the bathroom...which does in fact have running water.

Peace.
celticfan1888
Archon

« Reply #471 on: September 13, 2012, 02:05:30 PM »

You write that in the USA people are raped, robbed or murdered all the time.

I'm gonna go all Isa up on you and defeat this drivel in detail.  Yes, people are raped, robbed and murdered all the time.  We are also the third largest nation in the world by population.

The state is too weak to protect the citizens

It is not the duty of the state to protect its citizens but to maintain order and thereby create a situation where people either do not need to be protected or can protect themselves.  Your definition is highly flawed.  Poland was unable to defend its people from neither Germany nor from Russia.  Was it a failed state?  Is Poland a third world nation?  I would bet my last dollar that either Germany or Russia could within a few months take Poland today supposing there were no outside intervention (*cough* America *cough*) and had the will to do so.  Does that make Poland a third world nation?  Same goes for Belorussia if you'd rather claim them.

(or the citizens do not want to be protected) so everyone own a gun (or a dozen).

A dozen?  You insult me.

Guns are able to be bought everywhere including internet shops and supermarkets.

Really?  Care to point me to one where a supermarket or online store where a firearm can be bought without proper licensing?  I'd love to know, though I'm afraid the Bureau of AnTi-Fun would beat me to it.

Even small children own them and are taught to shoot.

Own - Huh?  Taught to shoot - duh.  We are a free country and our parents don't abandon their children at birth.

The state also cannot provide medical healthcare and education for its people.

Third largest population in the world.  I'd rather live here than China or India, the next largest.

Authorities from all political options speak all the time about God and religion.

I fail to see the problem with this.  Would you rather Atheists?  You were too young to enjoy the benefits of the Warsaw Pact.  Perhaps ask your parents about it some time.

The state regularly starts wars with other countries - these are the characteristics of a third world post-colonial country like Palestine, Syria or Somalia.

No, these are the characteristics of a state that CAN.  The difference between Poland and the US is WE CAN.  We can exercise our interests politically, diplomatically, economically, and if need be militarily.  This is how states have always operated.  Do you want to know why Poland doesn't start wars like the US does?  Because in CANNOT.  Well, it could, but then it would revert back to punching-bag-for-Germany-and-Russia status. 

There are plenty of other characteristics of post-colonial third world nations that the US doesn't share.  Now if you will excuse me, I have to use the bathroom...which does in fact have running water.

Peace.

Very valid. Good points, Isa Jr. Wink

Forgive my sins.
Shiny
Site Supporter
Moderated
Toumarches

Faith: Groucho Marxist
Jurisdiction: Dahntahn Stoop Haus

Paint It Red

« Reply #472 on: September 13, 2012, 02:19:51 PM »

Frankly I need to purchase a gun myself, can't sleep at night worrying about someone barging through my door getting mugged for my lunch money.

“There is your brother, naked, crying, and you stand there confused over the choice of an attractive floor covering.”

– St. Ambrose of Milan
yeshuaisiam
Protokentarchos

« Reply #473 on: September 13, 2012, 03:52:20 PM »

Many Americans including myself believe the government was hijacked.   There are many militias sprouting up all over the USA.

Yeah, the presence of armed gangs is one of the features too.

Yes it is, but the Militias are better armed and train for combat.  Unlike gangs who are basically drug dealers.

Are you advocating gun control?  Just curious.  Do you think armed governments should take all the guns away from the people?

NicholasMyra
Taxiarches

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Antiochian/Greek

Avowed denominationalist

« Reply #474 on: September 13, 2012, 03:59:20 PM »

Yes it is, but the Militias are better armed and train for combat.
Better than the cartels?

Quote from: Orthonorm
if Christ does and says x. And someone else does and says not x and you are ever in doubt, follow Christ.

"You are philosophical innovators. As for me, I follow the Fathers." -Every heresiarch ever
mike
Stratopedarches

« Reply #475 on: September 13, 2012, 04:01:50 PM »

Really?  Care to point me to one where a supermarket or online store where a firearm can be bought without proper licensing?

a shop: http://www.impactguns.com/

Own - Huh?  Taught to shoot - duh.  We are a free country and our parents don't abandon their children at birth.

You don't abandon but you let them die.
http://www.momlogic.com/2008/08/protect_your_kids_from_guns.php

and one more bizarre thing: http://www.corneredcat.com/Shotguns_and_Rifles_for_Children_and_Petite_Adults/

Yes it is, but the Militias are better armed and train for combat.  Unlike gangs who are basically drug dealers.

To combat with whom? Other armed gangs? Or pregnant women?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Jz7YZO8hpc
« Last Edit: September 13, 2012, 04:06:17 PM by Michał Kalina » Logged

Byzantinism
no longer posting here
Aindriú
Faster! Funnier!
Protokentarchos

Faith: Cynical
Jurisdiction: Vestibule of Hell

« Reply #476 on: September 13, 2012, 04:05:24 PM »

You see, in the world Michal lives in, there aren't any bad people.

I'm going to need this.
Shiny
Site Supporter
Moderated
Toumarches

Paint It Red

« Reply #477 on: September 13, 2012, 04:08:54 PM »

Did you really just post a picture of Walmart that is extremely old? They don't sell guns in their stores anymore, atleast the urban ones.

Rural ones, maybe. But they have scaled back alot. I know my local Walmarts do not carry weapons in the Outdoors section. Oh and they don't allow the sale of pistols either.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2012, 04:12:39 PM by Achronos » Logged

“There is your brother, naked, crying, and you stand there confused over the choice of an attractive floor covering.”

– St. Ambrose of Milan
mike
Stratopedarches

« Reply #478 on: September 13, 2012, 04:14:31 PM »

Did you really just post a picture of Walmart that is extremely old? They don't sell guns in their stores anymore, atleast the urban ones.

Rural ones, maybe. But they have scaled back alot. I know my local Walmarts do not carry weapons in the Outdoors section. Oh and they don't allow the sale of pistols either.

Oh really?

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052748703367004576289230488920802.html

Byzantinism
no longer posting here
yeshuaisiam
Protokentarchos

« Reply #479 on: September 13, 2012, 04:16:32 PM »

Yes it is, but the Militias are better armed and train for combat.
Better than the cartels?

Way better than cartels, and your example is HORRIBLE.  The cartels exist in Mexico, where gun ownership is ILLEGAL.

Shiny
Site Supporter
Moderated
Toumarches

Paint It Red

« Reply #480 on: September 13, 2012, 04:20:41 PM »

Oh really?

Which isn't too many, and as I said, since I live in an urbanized area, the Walmarts around me do not sell firearms.

Plus Firearms laws differ state to state. IIRC you just need a photo ID in some states.

– St. Ambrose of Milan
yeshuaisiam
Protokentarchos

« Reply #481 on: September 13, 2012, 04:21:54 PM »

I'm still waiting to see a gang or cartel around my area too.  Perhaps they could help me get rid of the possum problem.

yeshuaisiam
Protokentarchos

« Reply #482 on: September 13, 2012, 04:26:26 PM »

I've bought guns at guns shows here in Texas before.  You go in, and there are a lot of veterans, cops, enthusiasts, and others just looking for guns.  There are tables set up with all kinds of firearms on them, along with people walking around with shotguns, pistols, etc., for sale.

There was one guy who had a nice Mossberg 500 slung over his shoulder who wanted to sell it.  I talked to him for a while, and he was a real nice respectful older fellow.   I paid him in cash, shook his hand, took the gun and put it in my car.  Then I went back to the show.

I'm not understanding the negative connotation being affiliated with guns very well in this thread.   Firearm usage is far more than wars & home defense.  I have not used mine yet today.  I may tonight though if I spot another skunk or possum.  I did hear some coyotes about 1/2 mile away too last night around 3am.

vamrat
Vamratoraptor
Taxiarches

« Reply #483 on: September 13, 2012, 04:27:18 PM »

Oh really?

Which isn't too many, and as I said, since I live in an urbanized area, the Walmarts around me do not sell firearms.

Plus Firearms laws differ state to state. IIRC you just need a photo ID in some states.

There is at the very least a BATF background check.  Michal may have noticed the signs behind the firearms in the photos he posted noting that Federal laws regarding purchase would be recognized.  Or he might not have.  His arguments thus far have been rather suspect.
Shiny
Site Supporter
Moderated
Toumarches

Paint It Red

« Reply #484 on: September 13, 2012, 04:30:32 PM »

Oh really?

There is at the very least a BATF background check.  Michal may have noticed the signs behind the firearms in the photos he posted noting that Federal laws regarding purchase would be recognized.  Or he might not have.  His arguments thus far have been rather suspect.
You mean he hasn't already? It's kind of funny to see someone so desperate to keep the straw man erected.

– St. Ambrose of Milan
vamrat
Vamratoraptor
Taxiarches

« Reply #485 on: September 13, 2012, 04:38:54 PM »

Really?  Care to point me to one where a supermarket or online store where a firearm can be bought without proper licensing?

...photos removed for size constraints...

I have dealt with the photos above. 
I have bolded part of my statement to further prove that your reading comprehension is suspect.

Own - Huh?  Taught to shoot - duh.  We are a free country and our parents don't abandon their children at birth.

and one more bizarre thing: http://www.corneredcat.com/Shotguns_and_Rifles_for_Children_and_Petite_Adults/

Indeed, people come in different sizes, children and small adults. Only a moron would train a child on a full sized rifle.

Your article...erm, blog post...states that 500 children die per year from accidental gunshots.  They use the CDC for a source, so I will give them that.  Now, your homework is to look how many children die from drowning per year and compare the stats.

Also, we do have the third largest population in the world, over 300 million.  The calculator on my computer needed to use scientific notation to turn 500/300,000,000 into a percentage.  We cannot entirely get rid of natural selection, so it's best just to teach them about the dangers of life.
vamrat
Vamratoraptor
Taxiarches

« Reply #486 on: September 13, 2012, 04:42:14 PM »

Oh really?

You mean he hasn't already? It's kind of funny to see someone so desperate to keep the straw man erected.

Yeah...eventually I need to take the good Lord's advice and stop chucking pearls.

Arguing with him on this subject is kind of like watching a mentally disabled person compete in MMA.  It's one sided, a little funny, but ultimately you feel bad for having witnessed it.
celticfan1888
Archon

« Reply #487 on: September 13, 2012, 04:42:21 PM »

They do in Baton Rouge and New Orleans.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2012, 04:43:09 PM by celticfan1888 » Logged

Forgive my sins.
Shiny
Site Supporter
Moderated
Toumarches

Paint It Red

« Reply #488 on: September 13, 2012, 04:44:56 PM »

Oh really?

Yeah...eventually I need to take the good Lord's advice and stop chucking pearls.

Arguing with him on this subject is kind of like watching a mentally disabled person compete in MMA.  It's one sided, a little funny, but ultimately you feel bad for having witnessed it.
LOL.

Seriously though, I don't understand why you would want to remove guns from the country when that's not really the issue here. We all know it's really not about the guns.

– St. Ambrose of Milan
mike
Stratopedarches

« Reply #489 on: September 13, 2012, 04:49:26 PM »

Way better than cartels, and your example is HORRIBLE.  The cartels exist in Mexico, where gun ownership is ILLEGAL.

So they buy them in the USA (or get them from the CIA).

"Half" is not too many?

I need that to buy beer. It's not very strict.

There is at the very least a BATF background check.  

Done by a shop assistant? BTW wikipedia says BATF controls only sellers. So how is it checked?

Michal may have noticed the signs behind the firearms in the photos he posted noting that Federal laws regarding purchase would be recognized.  

Yeah... The first one is to be older than 21? What are the others two? One cannot wear a prison uniform or a foreign military uniform? One cannot be an evil alien?

Byzantinism
no longer posting here
yeshuaisiam
Protokentarchos

« Reply #490 on: September 13, 2012, 04:51:30 PM »

...photos removed for size constraints...

I have dealt with the photos above. 
I have bolded part of my statement to further prove that your reading comprehension is suspect.

Indeed, people come in different sizes, children and small adults. Only a moron would train a child on a full sized rifle.

Your article...erm, blog post...states that 500 children die per year from accidental gunshots.  They use the CDC for a source, so I will give them that.  Now, your homework is to look how many children die from drowning per year and compare the stats.

Also, we do have the third largest population in the world, over 300 million.  The calculator on my computer needed to use scientific notation to turn 500/300,000,000 into a percentage.  We cannot entirely get rid of natural selection, so it's best just to teach them about the dangers of life.

My 13 year old daughter is a crack shot and shoots more accurately than many men I know.
My 11 year old son is a very good shot as well and has killed many varmits.
My 8 year old son likes to shoot the .22 rifle and .177 pellet gun and has killed 4 field rats with the pellet rifle.
My 6 year old daughter can hit in a 1 ft diameter circle at 30 feet consistently.
My 4 year old daughter will learn soon enough.

Gun safety is taught from the time they can understand anything.  Heavy emphasis placed on safety at all times.

This argument should never go into natural selection and children just fooling around with guns.  Children are killed in swimming pools, playing with matches, auto accidents, and buckets full of water.  I knew of a kid in 6th grade that died huffing paint.

My point is there are many things that are deadly that are useful.  Firearms are one of them.  When proper safety is taught, they are safe.  It becomes instinct.

For example, one time I absolutely believed a gun to be unloaded when I was carrying it.  Well it went off.   The way I was taught to hold the firearm while alone (pointed down and slightly out) prevented me from shooting my own foot.  It was a very awkward feeling knowing that I prevented that.

I don't know why I just thought of this, but I know a family that builds barns.  Their 16 year old son, shot a 3.5 inch nail (from a nailgun) directly through his KNEECAP!!!!! The photo of the X-Ray just hurt to look at.... He was working too fast and not safe.  He's pretty much better now except during the winter when he feels his knee.

yeshuaisiam
Protokentarchos

« Reply #491 on: September 13, 2012, 04:55:42 PM »

Way better than cartels, and your example is HORRIBLE.  The cartels exist in Mexico, where gun ownership is ILLEGAL.

So they buy them in the USA (or get them from the CIA).

"Half" is not too many?

I need that to buy beer. It's not very strict.

There is at the very least a BATF background check.  

Done by a shop assistant? BTW wikipedia says BATF controls only sellers. So how is it checked?

Michal may have noticed the signs behind the firearms in the photos he posted noting that Federal laws regarding purchase would be recognized.  

Yeah... The first one is to be older than 21? What are the others two? One cannot wear a prison uniform or a foreign military uniform? One cannot be an evil alien?

Yes, they buy them in the USA is the probably true rumor.
But they are NOT here.
They are where Guns are illegal.

That's because if a gang of thugs attacked one of our police stations here (as they did in Mexico), the gangs would be overwhelmed by the communities firepower.

That's why THIS: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M2HV089go6c  Doesn't happen in America.

yeshuaisiam
Protokentarchos

« Reply #492 on: September 13, 2012, 05:06:33 PM »

Luke 11:21-22  When a strong man armed keepeth his palace, his goods are in peace: But when a stronger than he shall come upon him, and overcome him, he taketh from him all his armour wherein he trusted, and divideth his spoils.

mike
Stratopedarches

« Reply #493 on: September 13, 2012, 05:18:44 PM »

That's why THIS: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M2HV089go6c  Doesn't happen in America.

"NORTHeastern Mexico". I wonder where do their guns come from.

Byzantinism
no longer posting here
celticfan1888
Archon

« Reply #494 on: September 13, 2012, 05:19:32 PM »

"NORTHeastern Mexico". I wonder where do their guns come from.

Where a lot of illegal guns in Texas come from...Mexico

Forgive my sins.
Tags:
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: