OrthodoxChristianity.net
October 30, 2014, 08:32:03 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Did youknow Muslims Also Believe Jesus Will Return  (Read 1050 times) Average Rating: 0
samueljones

OC.net

« on: September 20, 2004, 04:09:51 PM »

Did you know that Muslims also believe that Jesus Will Return? I did notGǪ But, in fact, this is obviously stated in Quran. I think this is amazing.. I read it here, in the book Jesus Will Return www.harunyahya.com
Another thing is, we have so many in common... There is a invitation from Muslims to Christian and Jews in the site, it is really meaningful, it is in the "articles" part.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2004, 04:10:27 PM by samueljones » Logged

NULL
Elisha
Protokentarchos

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: OCA

« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2004, 04:17:46 PM »

Who cares?  They (Muslims) still believe that anyone who doesn't worship Allah are infidels and must convert or perish.  They are still the most violent religion by a long shot (see statements made by people that Muslims are involved in 17 of 19 major world conflicts).

I hope this is an innocent post and not just trolling.
Stavro
Warned
OC.net guru

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: Coptic Orthodox

« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2004, 04:17:49 PM »

Muslims believe that Christ will return to JUDGE the World and rule over it as king.

In that day there will be an altar to the LORD in the heart of Egypt, and a monument to the LORD at its border. (Isaiah 19:19)

" God forbid I should see the face of Judah or listen to his blasphemy" (Gerontius, Archmanidrite of the monastery of St. Melania)
Strelets
Стрелец
Elder

Faith: Orthodox

« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2004, 05:25:23 PM »

They deny Christ was crucified, was the Son of God, and the reality of the Trinity, and proclaim those who believe in such are going to hell.  Not sure where common ground is to be found.

"The creed is very simple, and here is what it is: to believe that there is nothing more beautiful, more courageous, and more perfect than Christ; and there not only isn't, but I tell myself with a jealous love, there cannot be." ~ Fyodor Dostoevsky
tweety234
High Elder

Faith: Ask the Answer
Jurisdiction: Greek

« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2012, 02:52:08 PM »

They deny Christ was crucified, was the Son of God, and the reality of the Trinity, and proclaim those who believe in such are going to hell.  Not sure where common ground is to be found.

Indeed no common Ground. But who is going to hell and who isn't fortunately does not depend on any mortal. No I don't mean to be a racist or mean or anything. But the notion that mortal human beings know where each one of us will end up drives me crazy.

“God has no religion.”
― Mohandas Karamchand Gandhi
Carl Kraeff (Second Chance)
Taxiarches

Faith: Orthodox Christian

« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2012, 03:04:50 PM »

Welcome to the newbies samueljones and tweety234!

Michal: "SC, love you in this thread."
orthonorm
Warned
Hoplitarches

Faith: Sola Gratia
Jurisdiction: Outside

« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2012, 03:06:21 PM »

Your definition of newbie is generous. You truly have an Orthodox phronema.

Ignorance is not a lack, but a passion.
tweety234
High Elder

Faith: Ask the Answer
Jurisdiction: Greek

« Reply #7 on: November 26, 2012, 07:25:15 PM »

nice to meet you sir.

“God has no religion.”
― Mohandas Karamchand Gandhi
Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: