OrthodoxChristianity.net
November 29, 2014, 04:48:53 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Found a sweet Bible app for iphone.  (Read 308 times) Average Rating: 0
Timon
OC.net guru

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: OCA

« on: January 19, 2012, 11:27:15 AM »

The company that makes it is called "VerseWise" and its an RSV with optional dueterocanon. (you can toggle it on or off...)

To my knowledge its the only RSV with the full apocrypha.  If you prefer the RSV-CE, they have an app for that too.  The only problem is the app is 5$.  I usually dont buy apps but this seems like a great thing to have in your pocket at all times.  Ill just eat lunch at home one day this week to make up for the $5.

Check it out!  If anyone has any other cool apps related to the faith, let me know!

Even if we have thousands of acts of great virtue to our credit, our confidence in being heard must be based on God's mercy and His love for men. Even if we stand at the very summit of virtue, it is by mercy that we shall be saved.

— Chrysostom

BLOG
HandmaidenofGod
Archon

Faith: Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Ukrainian Orthodox Church of the USA (Ecumenical Patriarch)

O Holy St. Demetrius pray to God for us!

« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2012, 11:35:16 AM »

GOARCH also has a "Daily Readings" App for iPhone and Android:

The Daily Readings App ... has a simple and smooth interface to allow you to access the day's prescribed Bible readings directly from the Greek Orthodox Archdiocese.  In addition, read the lives of the saints and lookup fasting guidelines for the day.

http://www.goarch.org/archdiocese/departments/internet/mobileapps/dailyreadings/iphone

http://www.goarch.org/archdiocese/departments/internet/mobileapps/dailyreadings/android
« Last Edit: January 19, 2012, 11:35:27 AM by HandmaidenofGod » Logged

"For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, says the LORD, thoughts of peace and not of evil, to give you a future and a hope." Jer 29:11
Timon
OC.net guru

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: OCA

« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2012, 11:36:48 AM »

Have it and love it.  Use it all the time.  I just wanted a full bible app too! Love the RSV so far.

Even if we have thousands of acts of great virtue to our credit, our confidence in being heard must be based on God's mercy and His love for men. Even if we stand at the very summit of virtue, it is by mercy that we shall be saved.

— Chrysostom

BLOG
Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: