OrthodoxChristianity.net
December 20, 2014, 03:05:18 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Is this real? 'Catholic' Urinals  (Read 950 times) Average Rating: 0
jaroslavkourakin

« on: January 17, 2012, 12:21:16 AM »

Browsing the Catholic art, I found this.

http://www.weirdthings.org.uk/urinals-at-the-vatican-from-urine-to-holy-wee/

I am not ready to accept this actually belongs to the Catholic Church, but if it does, I don't think there would be any more Catholicism left. The symbology is insane.

I am surprised there is no official response to this though.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2012, 12:24:22 AM by jaroslavkourakin » Logged
Ionnis
OC.net guru

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: ROCOR

« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2012, 12:23:38 AM »

No, of course this is not from the Catholic Church and it is definitely not in the Vatican!  I did a quick google search and found out that these urinals are in China.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2012, 12:25:19 AM by Ionnis » Logged

"If you cannot find Christ in the beggar at the church door, you will not find Him in the chalice.”  -The Divine John Chrysostom

“Till we can become divine, we must be content to be human, lest in our hurry for change we sink to something lower.” -Anthony Trollope
jaroslavkourakin

« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2012, 12:32:45 AM »

Hm, so they have made an entire complex of urinals including this theme. Can't find a source that says the first ones are from that building, but here are others.

http://www.switched.com/2007/07/16/massive-urinal-park-opens-in-china/

What should we say?

edit: But here

http://forum.globaltimes.cn/forum/showthread.php?p=61337
« Last Edit: January 17, 2012, 12:34:14 AM by jaroslavkourakin » Logged
Ionnis
OC.net guru

Jurisdiction: ROCOR

« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2012, 01:00:39 AM »

What should we say?  It's disgusting. 

I like the "thermochromic" urinals though.  Those look fun. 

"If you cannot find Christ in the beggar at the church door, you will not find Him in the chalice.”  -The Divine John Chrysostom

“Till we can become divine, we must be content to be human, lest in our hurry for change we sink to something lower.” -Anthony Trollope
Justin Kissel
Formerly Asteriktos
Protospatharios

« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2012, 01:05:29 AM »

Not my cup of tea...

Large Marge sent me...
PeterTheAleut
The Right Blowhard Peter the Furtive of Yetts O'Muckhart
Section Moderator
Protospatharios

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: OCA

Lord, have mercy on the Christians in Mosul!

« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2012, 01:54:07 AM »

I remember riding on a Chinese train where the crapper was nothing more than a hole in the floor. No toilet seat... Just squat and hope you drop your loaf through the hole.
jaroslavkourakin

« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2012, 02:19:59 AM »

I remember riding on a Chinese train where the crapper was nothing more than a hole in the floor. No toilet seat... Just squat and hope you drop your loaf through the hole.

Ah, I noticed those in Hong Kong and they have such in Ukraine too. You have to take off your shoes, then your pants, and put your shoes back on!
What should we say?  It's disgusting. 

Well, I'm looking for the Orthodox reaction. We probably won't do it as the Muslims, trying to kill the artists resembling Muhammad in the form of a dog or something. This is insanely more worse. I mean even if it wasn't a nun or Mary, this 'art piece' actually has one do it in the womb of a woman. A serious fall for the Chinese man. I don't think there is any room for pity here. A complete loss of moral sense and aesthetic.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2012, 02:27:18 AM by jaroslavkourakin » Logged
podkarpatska
Merarches

Jurisdiction: ACROD

Pokrov

« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2012, 04:30:00 PM »

Back in the 1950's and early 60's when they still had passenger service in my region, I would ride the train to my grandparent's home in New Jersey. I remember that the bathrooms on the old Erie-Lackawanna trains would flush directly to the track-bed. Seemed fascinating when you are eight years old, but thinking back, it was disgusting.  Tongue
HabteSelassie
Ises and I-ity
Archon

Faith: Oriental Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Ethiopian Orthodox Tewahedo Church

« Reply #8 on: January 20, 2012, 04:37:05 PM »

Greetings in that Divine and Most Precious Name of Our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ!

No, of course this is not from the Catholic Church and it is definitely not in the Vatican!  I did a quick google search and found out that these urinals are in China.

That would make sense, I thought those were too creepy even for the Vatican Wink

stay blessed,
habte selassie

"Yet stand aloof from stupid questionings and geneologies and strifes and fightings about law, for they are without benefit and vain." Titus 3:10
Nikolaostheservant
High Elder

Faith: greek orthodox
Jurisdiction: christian

« Reply #9 on: January 20, 2012, 04:43:45 PM »

Wow!
Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: