Ok, this one has stumped all the best minds at my workplace...
I have a Blackberry that is set up to synch over Citrix. It synchs Contacts, Calendar, and Tasks to an ACT! database located on a network drive. When trying to set the Memopad to synch to a custom Notes journal.nsf, it craps out with an "Error 4238 Translation Error" in the log. All of the Notes servers are Notes 6, as is the journal.nsf, but the Metaframe server being used has Notes 5 installed. We previously had gotten this error on another device, and it turned out to be because the user had been set up in the Domino directory, deleted incompletely, and then re-added, such that when the Desktop Manager was looking for the Notes mail file, it was looking in the wrong place due to a piece of duplicate data. They had two mail files, and various other pieces were duplicated. The current user *may* have been deleted out of Notes at one point and then re-added, but we have checked for the duplicated parts that caused the problem on the last one, and they are not there.
I have not yet tried synching the Blackberry outside of Citrix, but may do so on Monday.
And one more quick one:
When setting up a new user in Notes, we set them up on the administration server. An internet password is configured in their person document, for use with Sametime. The newly-created person document is then replicated to all the other servers. If the internet password is subsequently changed (even if it's replaced with the same thing), and then replicated from the admin server to the dsame server, the person document will start showing up in the address book with a replication/save conflict, and the two conflicting documents will be exactly the same.