OrthodoxChristianity.net
April 21, 2014, 06:04:52 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The Rules page has been updated.  Please familiarize yourself with its contents!

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: And another (probably harder) one  (Read 957 times) Average Rating: 0
yBeayf
High Elder

/etc

« on: September 18, 2004, 10:29:26 PM »

Ok, this one has stumped all the best minds at my workplace...

I have a Blackberry that is set up to synch over Citrix. It synchs Contacts, Calendar, and Tasks to an ACT! database located on a network drive. When trying to set the Memopad to synch to a custom Notes journal.nsf, it craps out with an "Error 4238 Translation Error" in the log. All of the Notes servers are Notes 6, as is the journal.nsf, but the Metaframe server being used has Notes 5 installed. We previously had gotten this error on another device, and it turned out to be because the user had been set up in the Domino directory, deleted incompletely, and then re-added, such that when the Desktop Manager was looking for the Notes mail file, it was looking in the wrong place due to a piece of duplicate data. They had two mail files, and various other pieces were duplicated. The current user *may* have been deleted out of Notes at one point and then re-added, but we have checked for the duplicated parts that caused the problem on the last one, and they are not there.

I have not yet tried synching the Blackberry outside of Citrix, but may do so on Monday.

Any ideas?

And one more quick one:
When setting up a new user in Notes, we set them up on the administration server. An internet password is configured in their person document, for use with Sametime. The newly-created person document is then replicated to all the other servers. If the internet password is subsequently changed (even if it's replaced with the same thing), and then replicated from the admin server to the dsame server, the person document will start showing up in the address book with a replication/save conflict, and the two conflicting documents will be exactly the same.
Robert
"Amazing"
Archon

« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2004, 03:04:42 AM »

Yea, I would try to sync it up sans the Citrix...Citrix is a pain, not as bad as terminal server, but I had a similiar issue with a homebrewed program called STATS.  Terminal Server wouldn't always map the printer, and it wound up crashing the printer server, and doing a plethora of other "weird" things.  Anyway, it turned out we had to use a specially made program called Simply Printing(ironic name, eh?)

But I would try the Blackberry without Citrix...Are you using Pylon Pro to interface the blackberry with the Notes server, or are you using the default Blackberry stuff? We have a few blackberry enabled users at work, but I haven't really messed with the config, I'll have to check on Monday.

Robert
yBeayf
High Elder

/etc

« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2004, 07:34:39 AM »

I suspect synching it outside of Citrix will work. The only problem is that eventually it will have to synch through Citrix; it's going to a client who works from home in another city.

The Notes database is actually stored on a file server; we don't store local databases on the Notes server. The Blackberry software is just using its default Notes translator and pointing to the journal.nsf.
Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: