OrthodoxChristianity.net
August 31, 2014, 06:29:43 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: My spiritual father  (Read 266 times) Average Rating: 0
bytania

Faith: oriental Orthodox/non-chalcedonian
Jurisdiction: Ethiopian Orthodox Tewahedo Archdiocese of North America

« on: January 16, 2012, 12:07:17 AM »

Greetings all
Hope you all had a blessed Sunday Smiley

Please spare me your advice about my spiritual father. He is a very knowledgeable, spiritually firm, and  kind father. However, he is consumed by spiritual services and rarely has time. In addition, I have a hard time being completely transparent with him. Although this mostly reflects my fault, I also think that if I had developed fatherly relationship with him, it would have been easier. Yet, it is almost impossible to do that because of his commitments. What should I do....I need guidance. He has been my father for the past 2 years

Do not want things to turn out as they seem best to you, but as God pleases. Then you will be free from confusion, and thankful in prayer.
~The Desert Fathers
Hiwot
Christ is Risen!
OC.net guru

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: Ethiopian Orthodox Tewahedo Church

Job 19:25-27

« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2012, 03:00:03 AM »

selam Bytania  Smiley

I am not sure if what I have to say will help or not but, still..

Your spiritual father can only help you if your relationship is open and although we are all tempted to maintain an illusion persona about ourselves  before others, it is very important that we form an honest and genuine relationship with our father confessors. he probably has heard every sin under the sun, and he is there to help you spiritually with all your struggles of life. I can assure you , he will not be surprised with what you might have to tell him. in fact he will be greatly pleased if you were to take that chance and open up to him and let him see the real you, i.e. the YOU that loves God enough to open herself and expose her weaknesses before Him and his priest. if your confessor knows your heart its easier to give you advise that will be beneficial specifically to you.

you said he has a lot of commitment that makes it difficult to get a hold of him, then in that case talk to him about making an appointment  at a time when it is convenient for both of you. if he is unable to find time to accommodate you then  find another less busy priest and ask your present father confessor for blessing to go to the new priest.
I am hopeful that your father confessor will find time for you. Most importantly PRAY about the situation you are struggling with, and for your father confessor so the Lord may work according to His will for both of you.

that's all I have dear, May the prayers of the Saints be with you!

Peace. angel

To God be the Glory in all things! Amen!

Only pray for me, that God would give me both inward and outward strength, that I may not only speak, but truly will; and that I may not merely be called a Christian, but really be found to be one. St.Ignatius of Antioch.Epistle to the Romans.
Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: