OrthodoxChristianity.net
November 24, 2014, 12:32:19 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Spam Filters, etc...  (Read 1048 times) Average Rating: 0
Twenty Nine

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Ukrainian Orthodox Church of America

« on: September 16, 2004, 04:53:51 PM »

I believe that the company I work for set up a filter so that certain Spam and other stuff like that cannot come through to our Outlook email.

So, when I sign up on a forum, I able unable to receive the "Welcome/Access" email in order to post, etc.

How can I fix this. Is there another way around this? I believe that it was fairly recent (a couple a months ago) that they set up this filter.

Thanks for the help!

Gregory

Finally, brethren, whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is just, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is gracious, if there is any excellence, if there is anything worthy of praise, think about these things. - Philippians 4:8
David
OC.net guru

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: OCA (Diocese of the South)

Retired GM

« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2004, 07:11:05 PM »

I'm sure those more technical than I will give you good advice.  You want a quick fix that's pretty easy to implement, just sign up for a free webmail account for personal stuff like this.  If you want, I can send you a free gmail account.

"When looking at faults, use a mirror, not a telescope."
-Yazid Ibrahim
Robert
"Amazing"
Archon

« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2004, 03:08:33 AM »

In this day in age, set up a hotmail or gmail account, and use that for non-work correspondence.... I get too many people in trouble at work when I am asked to view their emails and monitor for non-work related stuff.

Most companies have software running on their mail server that will use wildcards to block email. ( I.E. if the email contains certain keywords or is from certain sites, it will block it.  )

There is often times no way around this, unless you are the server admin, because it is something controlled centrally.

If you need a gmail invite, plenty of us will hook you up, else opt for another free email service and use that.

Robert

macj8899

Faith: Orthodox

« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2010, 10:13:26 PM »

I use gmail and yahoo, but find that gmail has the best spam filtering.  I really don't get spam in this account at all.  When I do get spam, the filter catches it.  The best part about it is that it is free. Give it a shot and see what you think.

Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: