OrthodoxChristianity.net
December 19, 2014, 05:11:48 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The noble Joseph  (Read 1251 times) Average Rating: 0
Bono Vox
The Orthodox Bagpiper
OC.net guru

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: Orthodox Church in America

« on: September 13, 2004, 02:43:45 AM »

I don't know if any of you have heard the "Sacred Treasures" CD featuring various liturgical songs in slavonic. It is one of the best Orthodox CD's I have ever heard.

In particular, there is a track called "The Noble Joseph" which is sung bulgarian style. This track, recently, has been having a profound impact on me(way more than usual) where I really sense the presence of God, to the point where I almost get emotional about it.

I thought that I was just being kind of wierd about it and that it was all just in my head, but I have noticed the same effect upon my 2 year old daughter whenever she hears the song. It just amazes me.

I don't know what it means, but I was wondering if any of you have had similar experiences.

Bagpiper

Troparion - Tone 1:
O Sebastian, spurning the assemblies of the wicked,You gathered the wise martyrs Who with you cast down the enemy; And standing worthily before the throne of God, You gladden those who cry to you:Glory to him who has strengthened you! Glory to him who has granted you a crown!
Tikhon29605
High Elder

May I become Thy Tabernacle through Communion.

« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2004, 09:44:38 AM »

Oh yes, I understand exactly what you mean.  "The Noble Joseph" has the very same effect on me. When we sing it in my parish every year, many people cry as it is sung.
David
OC.net guru

Jurisdiction: OCA (Diocese of the South)

Retired GM

« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2004, 12:01:45 PM »

Bagpiper,

Here is a downloadable mp3 of the bulgarian The Noble Joseph sung in English by my parish.  It is a live recording at a music festival, so the quality isn't top notch, and we're no match for the choirs on Sacred Treasures, but it's not bad if you want to hear an english version.

"When looking at faults, use a mirror, not a telescope."
-Yazid Ibrahim
Bono Vox
The Orthodox Bagpiper
OC.net guru

« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2004, 07:16:22 PM »

David,

I don't see a link to download the mp3. Can you post it again.

Thanks

Bagpiper

Troparion - Tone 1:
O Sebastian, spurning the assemblies of the wicked,You gathered the wise martyrs Who with you cast down the enemy; And standing worthily before the throne of God, You gladden those who cry to you:Glory to him who has strengthened you! Glory to him who has granted you a crown!
David
OC.net guru

Jurisdiction: OCA (Diocese of the South)

Retired GM

« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2004, 08:55:28 PM »

Just right click on the link in my post above and choose "save target as."

"When looking at faults, use a mirror, not a telescope."
-Yazid Ibrahim
prodromos
OC.net guru

Faith: Orthodox

Sydney, Australia

« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2004, 06:12:53 AM »

Bagpiper,
           V
---> Here <--- is a downloadable mp3 of the bulgarian The Noble Joseph sung in English by my parish.
           ^

Don't feel bad Bagpiper, it is easy to miss.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2004, 06:20:44 AM by prodromos » Logged
Bono Vox
The Orthodox Bagpiper
OC.net guru

« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2004, 08:16:58 PM »

David

The english version sounds really good too!!!

It is just streaming audio though. Is there a way to actually download it as a mp3??

Bagpiper

Troparion - Tone 1:
Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: