OrthodoxChristianity.net
November 29, 2014, 06:01:43 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Forest fire or nuke?  (Read 971 times) Average Rating: 0
Anastasios
Webdespota
Administrator
Merarches

Faith: Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Greek Old Calendarist

Metropolitan Chrysostomos of Florina

anastasios0513
« on: September 12, 2004, 04:45:54 PM »

I post this to show an apparent case of propoganda or hiding things in action (but I don't want this to go towards American political discussion which is banned on this forum).

The US says this is not a nuclear blast and one official even says "it may be a forest fire."

http://www.cnn.com/2004/WORLD/asiapcf/09/12/nkorea.blast/index.html

Now take a look at the picture of the blast as featured in the Slovak media:

http://spravy.pravda.sk/ (front page today).

DOES THAT LOOK LIKE THE RESULT OF A FOREST FIRE?!

anastasios

Please Buy My Book!

Past posts reflect stages of my life before my baptism may not be accurate expositions of Orthodox teaching. Also, I served as an Orthodox priest from 2008-2013, before resigning.
Justin Kissel
Formerly Asteriktos
Protospatharios

that is not the teaching of...

« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2004, 08:30:15 PM »

Anastasios,

What did the Slovak paper say about this? Also, was the U.S. government aware that there were actual pictures of this blast out there?

I'll say one thing, I'm just glad that China, North Korea, et al. speak loudly but are afraid to use their stick. They could very easily cause great havoc if they wanted. Supposing they invaded--just for starters--Tawain and South Korea, warning that if the west intervened they'd drop some nukes (or maybe China could threaten to hit U.S. cities with ICBM's again--though this time the threat would be more legitimate). In such a scenario, would we make a move, knowing that we would be costing millions their lives?
« Last Edit: September 12, 2004, 08:31:26 PM by Paradosis » Logged

"I haven't done anything wrong, and I won't be hounded by you and your soulless minions of orthodoxy! I haven't broken any laws... except perhaps the laws of nature." - Dr. Elias Giger
Fr. David
The Poster Formerly Known as "Pedro"
Archon

Faith: Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction: OCA, Diocese of the South

« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2004, 10:19:02 PM »

Anastasios, you're right to worry about connections between this and Iraq.  Of course, we're not going to do ANYthing about these guys...come on...forest fire?!

Un-friggin'-believable.  :cwm23:

Priest in the Orthodox Church in America - ordained on March 18, 2012

Oh Taste and See (my defunct blog)

From Protestant to Orthodox (my conversion story)
Ebor
Vanyar
Taxiarches

« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2004, 10:24:50 PM »

Well, depending on atmospheric conditions and such, it *could* be from a forest fire.  I don't know either way for sure, (not being in Korea nor an eye witness).  But being from Montana where forest fires are fairly common (The book "Young Men and Fire" was about a fire in Mann Gulch north of Helena, Montana fyi) I had a memory mark about smoke clouds.  

Here are a couple of pictures I found on-line as well as an essay by a man about forest fires that mentions mushroom clouds:

Photo of cloud in British Columbia:
http://www.recorder.ca/cp/national/030805/n080503A.html

Pictures from fire in Washington State (look near the  bottom left):
http://www.whitewolfgallery.bigstep.com/generic30.html

Essay:
http://www.ltrr.arizona.edu/~tswetnam/Cerrofireessay5.htm

Ebor

"I wish they would remember that the charge to Peter was "Feed my sheep", not "Try experiments on my rats", or even "Teach my performing dogs new tricks". - C. S. Lewis

The Katana of Reasoned Discussion

For some a world view is more like a neighborhood watch.
cizinec
High Elder

There ain't no way but the hard way.

« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2004, 07:44:37 PM »

You've all got it wrong.  

September 13, 2004
PYONGYANG, NORTH KOREA
CNO (Cizinec News Organization)

The large mushroom cloud covering two miles was caused by a controlled fire, sources say.  

According to No Wey Eh of the North Korean Recreational and Agricultural Products, a regional leader was preparing a large banquet for the benefit of North Korea's President, Kim Jung Il.  "We were trying to brew President Il's favorite beer, but, since we have an overabundance of grain this year, we decided to brew a barley wine instead."

Unfortunately, they found their OG to be too low to classify as a true barley wine, and didn't want to disappoint their leader.  "He is a god to us.  Would you give your god beer that does not meet BJCP classification requirements?"  To boil the wort down, the heat required was tremendous.  "We just meant to make a big fire, not cause an international uproar."

Both President Bush and Senator Kerry expressed alarm at not being invited to the party.  "The President is serious about talks with North Korea.  This just shows that they don't want to talk."

Senator Kerry's camp stated that the lack of invitation proved that President Bush had shunned the rest of the world.  "This president has admitted that he stopped drinking.  Well, Mr. President, I drink and I'm no party pooper.  Why don't you go back to Texas and let me deal with the world's problems."

No Wey Eh stated that President Bush wasn't invited because they were afraid he may say something.  Senator Kerry wasn't invited because President Il has a great fear of Mrs. Kerry.

Then came the follow up . . .

We are sadly reporting that No Wey Eh of the North Korean Recreational and Agricultural Products has been imprisoned for insinuating the production of grain has been below "abundance" levels in previous years.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2004, 07:51:55 PM by cizinec » Logged

"Brother, your best friend ain't your Momma, it's the Field Artillery."
Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: