OrthodoxChristianity.net
December 21, 2014, 08:11:53 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: job and home and job  (Read 854 times) Average Rating: 0
Maximum Bob
Archon

Faith: Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Antiochian

Personal Text? We can have personal text?

« on: January 05, 2012, 11:44:09 PM »

If I may ask your prayers, I have the chance to possibly to get a new job. A place I've been working part time as a supervisor, in addition to my regular full time job, may hire me full time. I like the current job and it's secure, the thought of leaving scares me, and they wouldn't be able to offer more than I'm making now.

But, if I did it would set up the possibility of moving to a community my wife and I have felt we should perhaps move to for a long time. This despite, again, fears about  selling one house in time to get a new one, getting finances for a new one, debt that could make this difficult. Still, moving to the new community would put us 15 min.s away from our new Orthodox church instead of an hour and 15 min.s. Quite coincidental for a place we've looked at, for no specific reason, for much longer than we've even been aware of the Orthodox Church.

Lastly that I will continue to forgive and let go of a situation I discovered yesterday. A coworker from the current full time job, both called and emailed slanderous statements about me to the part time job, which could become the new full time job. I don't need prayer for the outcome. I talked to the director there and he's disregarded the statements after consulting the director at the current job, who's being totally supportive of me. (It was the director of the current job who recommended me for the part time job in the first place.) The coworker who tried to cause the trouble in fact wound up getting in trouble over it themself, but still it has made me very angry. None the less I really do want, or a least a good sized part of me does, to forgive and let go. So, I do need prayer for that.

Psalm 37:23 The Lord guides a man safely in the way he should go.

Prov. 3: 5-6 Trust in the Lord with all your heart, lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge Him, and He will direct your paths.
Riddikulus
Protokentarchos

« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2012, 11:49:15 PM »

Lord, have mercy.

I believe in One God, maker of heaven and earth and of all things visible and invisible.

Nothing in biology makes sense except in the light of evolution.
Theodosius Dobzhansky, Russian Orthodox Christian (1900-1975)
biro
Excelsior
Site Supporter
Moderated
Hoplitarches

« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2012, 12:03:10 AM »

Lord have mercy.
Hiwot
Christ is Risen!
OC.net guru

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: Ethiopian Orthodox Tewahedo Church

Job 19:25-27

« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2012, 12:05:58 AM »

God be with you!

Lord have mercy!

To God be the Glory in all things! Amen!

Only pray for me, that God would give me both inward and outward strength, that I may not only speak, but truly will; and that I may not merely be called a Christian, but really be found to be one. St.Ignatius of Antioch.Epistle to the Romans.
LizaSymonenko
Слава Ісусу Христу!!! Glory to Jesus Christ!!!
Global Moderator
Toumarches

Faith: God's Holy Catholic and Apostolic Orthodox Church
Jurisdiction: Ukrainian Orthodox Church of the U.S.A.

« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2012, 12:24:18 AM »

May the Lord have mercy and help you let go of your anger and grant you that which is best for you and your family.

Conquer evil men by your gentle kindness, and make zealous men wonder at your goodness. Put the lover of legality to shame by your compassion. With the afflicted be afflicted in mind. Love all men, but keep distant from all men.
—St. Isaac of Syria
peteprint
High Elder

« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2012, 12:56:54 AM »

Praying for you and your family.
FormerReformer
Convertodox of the convertodox
Site Supporter
Archon

Jurisdiction: I'll take (e) for "all of the above"

« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2012, 12:59:35 AM »

Lord, have mercy.

"Funny," said Lancelot, "how the people who can't pray say that prayers are not answered, however much the people who can pray say they are."  TH White

Oh, no: I've succumbed to Hyperdoxy!
Father H
Archon

Faith: Orthodox Christian--God's One Holy Catholic and Apostolic Church
Jurisdiction: UOCofUSA-Ecumenical Patriarchate

« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2012, 01:04:28 AM »

Lord have mercy
quietmorning
Archon

St. Photini

« Reply #8 on: January 06, 2012, 09:25:05 AM »

Lord have mercy! 

In His Mercy,
BethAnna
Maximum Bob
Archon

« Reply #9 on: February 29, 2012, 01:24:03 AM »

An update and request for more prayer.

Firstly, things have gone mostly well with my coworker since I first posted this thread and I've basically let the incident go.

But for the main request, I've come to a point where the part time job I've been doing is serious about recruiting me full time and though it would be a pay cut initially by a year from now I would be getting more than if I just stayed in my current job.

However, at the same time my current employer has just posted a job description for a position that would supervise my current job and my coworker. My current salary is toward the low end of the starting range so there's a decent amount of room for that to result in an instant raise. Moreover, the job description is all about things I've done credentials I've got, could hardly better suit me if they put my name in it. But I wouldn't know for certain until I got through the process and while it's posted it's not open yet. Still, seems like an obvious choice. But I'm mindful that in God not everything is always obvious in the worlds way of sight, or I just really over think things sometimes.  Grin So pray for me that I'll trust God and make the right choice.

My big goal in all of this is to better provide for my family, be more able to give to others and to ultimately be able to move closer to church than an hour away.  Thanks.

Prov. 3: 5-6 Trust in the Lord with all your heart, lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge Him, and He will direct your paths.
Salpy
Section Moderator
Toumarches

Faith: Oriental Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: Armenian Church

Pray for the Christians of Iraq and Syria.

« Reply #10 on: February 29, 2012, 02:34:29 AM »

Lord have mercy!

quietmorning
Archon

St. Photini

« Reply #11 on: February 29, 2012, 12:19:06 PM »

Lord have mercy!!

In His Mercy,
BethAnna
biro
Excelsior
Site Supporter
Moderated
Hoplitarches

« Reply #12 on: February 29, 2012, 03:37:41 PM »

Lord have mercy.

Praying for your success.  angel
Ionnis
OC.net guru

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: ROCOR

« Reply #13 on: March 01, 2012, 10:33:26 PM »

Lord have mercy!

"If you cannot find Christ in the beggar at the church door, you will not find Him in the chalice.”  -The Divine John Chrysostom

“Till we can become divine, we must be content to be human, lest in our hurry for change we sink to something lower.” -Anthony Trollope
orthodoxchristianonline

Faith: ORTHODOX CHRISTIAN
Jurisdiction: ORTHODOX CHRISTIANITY

« Reply #14 on: March 06, 2012, 07:17:05 PM »

Lord have mercy.
Maximum Bob
Archon

« Reply #15 on: June 01, 2012, 12:22:33 AM »

Another update, it's been a few months and a bit has happened.

I interviewed for but didn't get the job from my current employer, no one did. They posted it once and only got two applications. They posted it again statewide and got lots more and interviewed people, myself included but didn't hire anyone. They've posted it again, but I figure given what I 've been praying, that it's time to move on.

So I've contacted the other county, where I was working part time and they wanted me full time, and they still want me so we're going through the process together. Not final enough to write a letter of resignation yet but certainly seems to be going that direction. I shouldn't  be nervous, I've changed jobs before, but I suppose anytime you leave someplace you've been for over decade it could have that effect on you. Especially if you also change your religion and contemplated moving at the same time. Pray for me. Thanks.

Hiwot
Christ is Risen!
OC.net guru

Jurisdiction: Ethiopian Orthodox Tewahedo Church

Job 19:25-27

« Reply #16 on: June 01, 2012, 12:31:16 AM »

May the Lord protect and bless you in the new place and job you are going to move to. May the Lord give you all the grace you need to acclimate , settle and make new relationships. Amen,Lord have mercy!

To God be the Glory in all things! Amen!

Only pray for me, that God would give me both inward and outward strength, that I may not only speak, but truly will; and that I may not merely be called a Christian, but really be found to be one. St.Ignatius of Antioch.Epistle to the Romans.
marigold
OC.net guru

Faith: Greek Orthodox

« Reply #17 on: June 01, 2012, 09:35:05 PM »

Lord, have mercy on Your servant!
biro
Excelsior
Site Supporter
Moderated
Hoplitarches

« Reply #18 on: June 01, 2012, 10:11:33 PM »

Lord have mercy.
Maximum Bob
Archon

« Reply #19 on: July 25, 2012, 01:40:21 AM »

Glory to God, got the job offer from the other county. Last day at current job is Aug. 17th, first day on the new job is Aug. 20th. Thank you all for all of your prayers.

Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: