OrthodoxChristianity.net
July 31, 2014, 12:20:44 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: For the soul of His Beatitude, PETROS VII  (Read 957 times) Average Rating: 0
Fr. David
The Poster Formerly Known as "Pedro"
Archon

Faith: Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction: OCA, Diocese of the South

« on: September 11, 2004, 01:34:23 PM »

Was killed in a helicopter crash today near Mt. Athos.  See Christian News forum for more details.

May his memory be eternal.

Pedro (Peter/Petros)

Priest in the Orthodox Church in America - ordained on March 18, 2012

Oh Taste and See (my defunct blog)

From Protestant to Orthodox (my conversion story)
JohnCassian
At Least Semi-Augustinian

St. John Cassian

« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2004, 02:01:06 PM »

And for the souls of those with him, His Eminence Metropolitan CHRYSOSTOMOS of Carthage, His Grace Bishop NEKTARIOS of Madagascar, His Eminence Metropolitan IRINAIOS of Pilousio, His Beatitude's chief secretary, His Beatitude's Archdeacon, six laymen including His Beatitude's brother, and the four crewmen of the helicopter.

:'(

« Last Edit: September 11, 2004, 02:09:01 PM by JohnCassian » Logged

"Do leave off speaking of me as an ill-educated and uncouth and unfriendly man, not even worthy to live." - St. Gregory the Theologian in a Letter to St. Basil the Great
Thomas
Section Moderator
Archon

Faith: Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Antiochian

« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2004, 04:58:45 PM »

Eternal memory!

Here is complete list of those who were killed if you wish to commemorate them in your prayers:
On board the helicopter was Patriarch Petros of Alexandria and All of Africa, Metropolite Erineos of Pilousiou, Metropolite Chrisostomos of Karthagena, Bishop Nektarios of Madagascar, Holy Monastery of Machera Prior Archimandrite Arsenios, Archimandrite Kallistratos Economou, Deacon Nektarios Kontogiorgos, the Patriarch's legal adviser Georgios Mavros, the Patriarch's technical adviser Patroklos Papastefanou, press adviser Georgios Xenoudakis, the Patriarch's brother Georgios Papapetrou and the Patriarch's personal police guard Spiridon Koursaris.

The five crewmembers of the Chinook were Major Papanastasiou, Warrant Officer Raptis, Platoon Sergeant Pantelis Hatzivangelis, First Sergeant Panagiotis Golegos, and Army Airforce Helicopter Battalion Commander Lieutenant Colonel Dimitris Papaspirou.

Also please include prayers for the entire Patriachate as it appears to have lost a great many of its spiritual leaders in the tragedy.

In Christ,
Thomas

Your brother in Christ ,
Thomas
Thomas Daniel (Reji)
Chevalier
Elder

Faith: Oriental Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Malankara Archdiocese of Syriac Orthodox Church

Proud to say belongs to Syriac Orthodox Church

« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2004, 06:59:20 AM »

My family & me pray fervently for the repose of the soul of Patriarch Petros of blessed memory and for the repose of the souls of those who perished along with him in this tragic event. We ask of our ever-compassionate God for His support from
above to the deeply afflicted and bereaved Patriarchate of Alexandria and its Church

Oh.. Morth Mariam Yoldath Aloho (Mother Of God)Pray For Us
Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: