OrthodoxChristianity.net
October 30, 2014, 10:01:34 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Inside Islam: What a Billion Muslims Really Think  (Read 2070 times) Average Rating: 0
Hiwot
Christ is Risen!
OC.net guru

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: Ethiopian Orthodox Tewahedo Church

Job 19:25-27

« Reply #45 on: January 18, 2012, 08:43:13 PM »

People are wayyy too uptight about their ethnic/national background.

Grin the Ethiopian eats, breaths and drinks patriotism when it comes to history and country.

It must not be confused with The Church's Catholicity  Smiley

To God be the Glory in all things! Amen!

Only pray for me, that God would give me both inward and outward strength, that I may not only speak, but truly will; and that I may not merely be called a Christian, but really be found to be one. St.Ignatius of Antioch.Epistle to the Romans.
Golgotha

« Reply #46 on: January 18, 2012, 08:48:43 PM »

People are wayyy too uptight about their ethnic/national background.

'Merica
Justin Kissel
Formerly Asteriktos
Protospatharios

Goodbye for now, my friend

« Reply #47 on: January 18, 2012, 08:50:56 PM »

♪ ♫ America... America... God shed His grace on theeeeeeee1!!111!!!1

Paradosis ≠ Asteriktos ≠ Justin
HabteSelassie
Ises and I-ity
Archon

Faith: Oriental Orthodox

« Reply #48 on: January 18, 2012, 08:53:16 PM »

Greetings in that Divine and Most Precious Name of Our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ!

Your analysis of Ethiopian History especially the conclusions you draw from it has been wrong before, and is wrong now, plain and simple. didn’t you say you had a knowledge of Ethiopian history that surpasses most Ethiopian graduates of History themselves , in that you had a degree with honors in Ethiopian History, what happened to your surety of the claim of knowing history left and right? I am tired of you confusing historical facts when it suits you. So I will tell it like it is. You can choose on this occasion to look like the unbiased analyst, suit yourself. I have said what needed to be said.

Peace!

No, I said no such things, but you always invent what ever suits your purpose, so I try not to even talk with you anymore.  Like I said, we can dispute the facts and interpretations of history, but the difference is I approach you as a sister who I may learn from (and have already learned much from by the way Wink ) and who I may also sometimes correct, where as you seem to think you are the only one who knows anything about anything and everything..  You should stop walking around like your the Ethiopian Bishop of OC.net, the melodramatic antagonism is getting cliched really Wink

Of these things be reminding them, conjuring them in the Lord's sight not to engage in controversy for nothing useful, to the upsetting of those who are hearing.  Endeavor to present yourselves to God qualified, an unashamed worker, correctly cutting the word of truth.  Yet from profane prattlings stand aloof, for they will be progressing to more irreverence, and their word will spread as gangrene.. Now from stupid and crude questionings refuse, being aware that they are generating fightings.
2 Timothy 2:15-22

Yet stand aloof from stupid questionings and geneologies and strifes and fightings about law, for they are without benefit and vain. A sectarian man, after one and a second admonition, refuse..
Titus 3:10

My sister, when it comes to theology we are always in full agreement and mutual fellowship, yet clearly we diverge on politics and history which are perfectly debatable subjects, that being said, I am as guilty as anyone of breaking the Apostle's warnings, I repent of these silly arguments, and pray the Lord heal this nonsensical rift between brothers and sisters of this one unison Body of Christ.  

stay blessed,
habte selassie

"Yet stand aloof from stupid questionings and geneologies and strifes and fightings about law, for they are without benefit and vain." Titus 3:10
Hiwot
Christ is Risen!
OC.net guru

« Reply #49 on: January 18, 2012, 09:05:59 PM »

^^   laugh  the fog of fake piety, and of your pontification that follows it aside, I stand by what I said. you may reread it , the next time you forget it. police

Only pray for me, that God would give me both inward and outward strength, that I may not only speak, but truly will; and that I may not merely be called a Christian, but really be found to be one. St.Ignatius of Antioch.Epistle to the Romans.
Hiwot
Christ is Risen!
OC.net guru

« Reply #50 on: January 18, 2012, 09:08:08 PM »

Viva America the Home of the Free BCAUSE of the Brave!!!!    Smiley

jewish voice
High Elder

« Reply #51 on: January 18, 2012, 09:21:16 PM »

After watching this video it has shown me what I have always said people are just people. I think as soon as we can look past the difference color race what have you it all comes down to we just want a good job a way to feed are loved ones and to just live a happy life.
HabteSelassie
Ises and I-ity
Archon

« Reply #52 on: January 18, 2012, 09:23:17 PM »

Greetings in that Divine and Most Precious Name of Our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ!
^^   laugh  the fog of fake piety, and of your pontification that follows it aside, I stand by what I said. you may reread it , the next time you forget it. police

Whatever you say sister, but you sure love to laugh a lot at your brothers and sisters when they try to apologize or repent to you is everything really just a joke to you? I will indeed reflect on what I have posted, and I pray you do as well Smiley

stay blessed,
habte selassie

"Yet stand aloof from stupid questionings and geneologies and strifes and fightings about law, for they are without benefit and vain." Titus 3:10
Hiwot
Christ is Risen!
OC.net guru

« Reply #53 on: January 18, 2012, 09:43:52 PM »

Whatever you say sister, but you sure love to laugh a lot at your brothers and sisters when they try to apologize or repent to you is everything really just a joke to you? I will indeed reflect on what I have posted, and I pray you do as well Smiley

stay blessed,
habte selassie

you see I have been expecting you to appear like you do now, like someone who apologised sincerely and got laughed at, but look at your post, it was seasoned with Scripture yes true, and good. but it was seasoned with insults as well, whom did you accuse of acting like the Ethiopian Bishop of OC.Net? and Why would you do that pray tell, is it because I said contradicted you and indeed vehemently opposed you and the troops you called in to support your Rastafarian view,  when you called the emperor Jah Rastafari I, and tried to pass it as acceptable orthodox terminology? is it because I have tried to correct some christological statements you were making that contradicted with the  integrity of the Faith's interpretation of the Christology? if that is the cause then I will proudly wear the taunt as a badge of honor, even when I must say, I am but a sinful woman whose Faith is Orthodox, and I will not see it tainted by the garbage ideology of this world while I am alive still to watch it.

oh as to not claiming that most Ethiopian historians did not have your qualifications here are your exact words : " I have a BA with honors in specifically Ethiopian History, something which even 30% of college history professors in Ethiopia don't even have" these are not my words, nor the implication of them.

I will also tremble with fear over the single drop of tears of the saints that are being persecuted by the islamists all over the world. their single drop of blood is the lake of fire that burns my heart. I will not keep quite and be tide with false humility and false piety when it is time to speak against injustice. nor will I allow such attempts to be done in the name of what I identify with as mine.

so your "apology" if there is ever one with sincerity , then I will accept it, as repentace is to be resolved  to no longer do whatever wrong one has done. However, there was none and the wrong you keep doing against justice,I see you repeating it, instead of repenting of it. so I call it like I see it. My Faith is my strength not my weakness do not perceive it as one. It enables me to cut through the BS and see the truth clearly.

Peace.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2012, 10:00:14 PM by Hiwot » Logged

Cavaradossi
法網恢恢,疏而不漏
OC.net guru

Faith: Chalcedonian Automaton Serial No. 5Aj4bx9
Jurisdiction: Chalcedonian Automaton Factory 5

« Reply #54 on: January 18, 2012, 10:02:06 PM »

I see your America, and raise you what is possibly the most beautiful anthem ever written, the only one composed by a great composer of the Classical era, and the only one to be used in one of his string quartets: http://youtu.be/7tHc9xWhFH4

Be comforted, and have faith, O Israel, for your God is infinitely simple and one, composed of no parts.
HabteSelassie
Ises and I-ity
Archon

« Reply #55 on: January 18, 2012, 10:07:43 PM »

stay blessed,
habte selassie

you see I have been expecting you to appear like you do now, like someone who apologised sincerely and got laughed at, but look at your post, it was seasoned with Scripture yes true, and good. but it was seasoned with insults as well, whom did you accuse of acting like the Ethiopian Bishop of OC.Net? and Why would you do that pray tell, is it because I said contradicted you and indeed vehemently opposed you and the troops you called in to support your Rastafarian view,  when you called the emperor Jah Rastafari I, and tried to pass it as acceptable orthodox terminology? is it because I have tried to correct some christological statements you were making that contradicted with the  integrity of the Faith's interpretation of the Christology? if that is the cause then I will proudly wear the taunt as a badge of honor, even when I must say, I am but a sinful woman whose Faith is Orthodox, and I will not see it tainted by the garbage ideology of this world while I am alive still to watch it.

oh as to not claiming that most Ethiopian historians did not have your qualifications here are your exact words : " I have a BA with honors in specifically Ethiopian History, something which even 30% of college history professors in Ethiopia don't even have" these are not my words, nor the implication of them.

I will also tremble with fear over the single drop of tears of the saints that are being persecuted by the islamists all over the world. their single drop of blood is the lake of fire that burns my heart. I will not keep quite and be tide with false humility and false piety when it is time to speak against injustice. nor will I allow such attempts to be done in the name of what I identify with as mine.

so your "apology" if there is ever one with sincerity , then I will accept it, as repentace is to be resolved  to no longer do whatever wrong one has done. However, there was none and the wrong you keep doing against justice,I see you repeating it, instead of repenting of it. so I call it like I see it. My Faith is my strength not my weakness do not perceive it as one. It enables me to cut through the BS and see the truth clearly.

Peace.

Do you normally go for the jugular when folks express a vulnerability in apologizing or do you just save that chip on your shoulder for me? I don't play around, the internet is not some imaginary world, we are all real people behind these monitors, and you ma'am, have so continually scorned me that I honestly give up. 

stay blessed,
habte selassie

Hamartolos
High Elder

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Antiochian

« Reply #56 on: January 18, 2012, 10:17:26 PM »

I see your America, and raise you what is possibly the most beautiful anthem ever written, the only one composed by a great composer of the Classical era, and the only one to be used in one of his string quartets: http://youtu.be/7tHc9xWhFH4

Germany's anthem is beautiful.....politics aside, I enjoy many national anthems but I really dislike ours (USA).  
« Last Edit: January 18, 2012, 10:17:51 PM by Hamartolos » Logged

Formerly known as "mctavix"
Hiwot
Christ is Risen!
OC.net guru

« Reply #57 on: January 18, 2012, 10:40:02 PM »

stay blessed,
habte selassie

Peace.

Do you normally go for the jugular when folks express a vulnerability in apologizing or do you just save that chip on your shoulder for me? I don't play around, the internet is not some imaginary world, we are all real people behind these monitors, and you ma'am, have so continually scorned me that I honestly give up. 

stay blessed,
habte selassie

The ideas I scorn, I will standby, the personal distress I might have caused you as a result of it my brother, I sincerly appologise for. I have nothing against you personaly. your ideas on the other hand and the manner you hold on to them have called for drastic measures of argument that the degree of importance of the topic at heart made them necessary. I find no pleasure in this.

Peace.

Tags:
Pages: « 1 2  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: