OrthodoxChristianity.net
November 29, 2014, 02:20:09 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Father Michael Keiser replacers Father Peter Gilquist  (Read 1719 times) Average Rating: 0
Carl Kraeff (Second Chance)
Taxiarches

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: OCA

« on: December 30, 2011, 11:42:17 AM »

The official announcement by the Antiochian Archdiocese my be read at http://www.antiochian.org/content/fr-peter-gillquist-retire-head-department-missions-and-evangelism-fr-michael-keiser

Father Michael is probably most known for his book A Beginner's Guide to Prayer: The Orthodox Way to Draw Closer to God, Conciliar Press,, 2003. I knew him as the priest at St Anthony's in Tulsa Oklahoma,where he caused a stir when a professor and many students at Oral Roberts University Seminary were converted to Holy Orthodoxy. Indeed, five of those converts are now prominent priests in the Archdiocese, including the current rector at St Anthony, Archpriest George Eber, and the rector of St Elias in Austin (my church when I was living there), Archpriest David Barr.

By way of a short bio, here is the "About the author" blurb in his new book, A Beginner's Guide to Spirituality, The Orthodox Path to a Deeper Relationship with God, Conciliar Press, 2007:

"The Very Rev. Michael Keiser is a convert to the Orthodox faith who was raised in the Western Christian tradition. He has studied in both the Western and Eastern traditions of Christianity, and has been actively involved in evangelism and outreach on behalf of the Orthodox Christian Church. An Orthodox priest for thirty years, he has served his entire ministry as part of the ancient, biblical Church of Antioch, both in the United States and Europe, and currently works in the Department of Missions and Evangelism of the Antiochian Archdiocese. During his career he has worked with 28 different congregations in the areas of renewal and growth, established new congregations, and guided many who have found a true home in Orthodox Christianity. Fr. Keiser has written five books dealing with worship, spirituality, and an Orthodox comprehension of suffering. He currently lives in Florida with his wife of 39 years, Angelina."
« Last Edit: December 30, 2011, 11:43:22 AM by Second Chance » Logged

Michal: "SC, love you in this thread."
Alpo
Taxiarches

Faith: Jerkodox

« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2011, 11:49:24 AM »

Btw, is this Fr. Michael a WR priest? I recall reading a book on WR by someone called Fr. Michael Keiser. I wonder whether this is the same Father.

primuspilus
Taxiarches

Jurisdiction: Antiochian Orthodox Archdiocese of North America - Western Rite Orthodox

Inserting personal quote here.

« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2011, 12:03:05 PM »

I think he is. I know he was on an OCN special about the WR.

PP

"I confidently affirm that whoever calls himself Universal Bishop is the precursor of Antichrist"
Gregory the Great

"Never, never, never let anyone tell you that, in order to be Orthodox, you must also be eastern." St. John Maximovitch, The Wonderworker
ialmisry
There's nothing John of Damascus can't answer
Warned
Hypatos

Faith: جامعي Arab confesssing the Orthodox Faith of the One, Holy, Catholic and Apostolic Church
Jurisdiction: Antioch (for now), but my heart belongs to Alexandria

« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2011, 01:01:07 PM »

PP
OCN?

Yes, he is. He has written several books on the WRO, and has headed the Antiochians' Vicarate for some time now.

Question a friend, perhaps he did not do it; but if he did anything so that he may do it no more.
A hasty quarrel kindles fire,
and urgent strife sheds blood.
If you blow on a spark, it will glow;
if you spit on it, it will be put out;
                           and both come out of your mouth
primuspilus
Taxiarches

Jurisdiction: Antiochian Orthodox Archdiocese of North America - Western Rite Orthodox

« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2011, 01:04:19 PM »

PP
OCN?

Yes, he is. He has written several books on the WRO, and has headed the Antiochians' Vicarate for some time now.
OCN = Orthodox Christian Network (http://www.myocn.net/). Its kind of like ancient faith radio but not as user friendly Smiley

PP
« Last Edit: December 30, 2011, 01:04:34 PM by primuspilus » Logged

"I confidently affirm that whoever calls himself Universal Bishop is the precursor of Antichrist"
Gregory the Great

"Never, never, never let anyone tell you that, in order to be Orthodox, you must also be eastern." St. John Maximovitch, The Wonderworker
Carl Kraeff (Second Chance)
Taxiarches

Jurisdiction: OCA

« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2011, 01:05:39 PM »

He is basically a mission priest and one time worked under Bishop Basil as the Vicar-General of the Western Rite Ministry of the Archdiocese and in 2009 accepted as a catechumen the former Continuing Anglican Bishop Robert F. Waggener. I suppose he can serve both rites but he has always been an Eastern Rite priest.

Michal: "SC, love you in this thread."
ialmisry
There's nothing John of Damascus can't answer
Warned
Hypatos

Faith: جامعي Arab confesssing the Orthodox Faith of the One, Holy, Catholic and Apostolic Church
Jurisdiction: Antioch (for now), but my heart belongs to Alexandria

« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2011, 01:08:13 PM »

He is basically a mission priest and one time worked under Bishop Basil as the Vicar-General of the Western Rite Ministry of the Archdiocese and in 2009 accepted as a catechumen the former Continuing Anglican Bishop Robert F. Waggener. I suppose he can serve both rites but he has always been an Eastern Rite priest.
His home parish is WRO, St. Andrews in Florida.

Question a friend, perhaps he did not do it; but if he did anything so that he may do it no more.
A hasty quarrel kindles fire,
and urgent strife sheds blood.
If you blow on a spark, it will glow;
if you spit on it, it will be put out;
                           and both come out of your mouth
primuspilus
Taxiarches

« Reply #7 on: December 30, 2011, 01:21:44 PM »

the former Continuing Anglican Bishop Robert F. Waggener
Who happens to be my priest. Love that man Smiley

PP

Gregory the Great

Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: