Author Topic: Practice stuff  (Read 739 times)

Offline primuspilus

• Taxiarches
  • Inserting personal quote here.
    • Holy Trinity Orthodox Church
Practice stuff
« on: February 07, 2012, 12:26:07 PM »
As some know, Im studying Koine. The workbook I have is great, but does not have enough practice problems. I was wondering if there is an online resource that I can print off about 100-200 beginner sentences to translate.

PP
"I confidently affirm that whoever calls himself Universal Bishop is the precursor of Antichrist"
Gregory the Great

"Never, never, never let anyone tell you that, in order to be Orthodox, you must also be eastern." St. John Maximovitch, The Wonderworker

Offline akimori makoto

• Archon
  • No-one bound by fleshly pleasures is worthy ...
Re: Practice stuff
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2012, 09:39:00 PM »
You never told me which pronunciation you are learning!
The Episcopallian road is easy and wide, for many go through it to find destruction. lol sorry channeling Isa.

Offline primuspilus

• Taxiarches
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2012, 12:49:01 PM »
oh heh.

Right now Im learning the Nominative and accusative stuff. If you're familiar with Mounce's book, Im on chapter 6 :)

PP
"I confidently affirm that whoever calls himself Universal Bishop is the precursor of Antichrist"
Gregory the Great

"Never, never, never let anyone tell you that, in order to be Orthodox, you must also be eastern." St. John Maximovitch, The Wonderworker

Offline serb1389

• Lord, remember me when you come into your Kingdom!
  • Global Moderator
  • Merarches
  • MichaƂ Kalina's biggest fan
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2012, 03:07:38 PM »
oh heh.

Right now Im learning the Nominative and accusative stuff. If you're familiar with Mounce's book, Im on chapter 6 :)

PP

probably the best thing to do is to just translate the gospel of John.  that's what we did at seminary, it worked pretty well to understand the constructs, etc.  plus it's easy to memorize. 
I got nothing.
I forgot the maps
March 27th and May 30th 2010 were my Ordination dates, please forgive everything before that

Offline primuspilus

• Taxiarches
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2012, 04:17:01 PM »
oh heh.

PP

probably the best thing to do is to just translate the gospel of John.  that's what we did at seminary, it worked pretty well to understand the constructs, etc.  plus it's easy to memorize. 
Awesome. Thanks :)
Gregory the Great