OrthodoxChristianity.net
July 29, 2014, 03:25:26 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Cult of the Sockists  (Read 327 times) Average Rating: 0
Justin Kissel
Formerly Asteriktos
Protospatharios

Faith: refuse

« on: December 28, 2011, 10:42:47 PM »

Face of Jesus found in sock by London woman doing laundry

Sarah Crane was shocked to find the face of Jesus in the sole of a sock she had just hung out on the washing line to dry.

It might have been a case of divine intervention, or simply a crease, but Miss Crane from Orpington was convinced she had found the image of Christ.

She was so surprised by the likeness she even built a shrine to the disheveled item of clothing...

Riddikulus
Protokentarchos

« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2011, 11:37:26 PM »

I'm not sure how to respond.

I believe in One God, maker of heaven and earth and of all things visible and invisible.

Nothing in biology makes sense except in the light of evolution.
Theodosius Dobzhansky, Russian Orthodox Christian (1900-1975)
Anastasia1
My warrior name is Beyoncé Pad Thai
OC.net guru

Faith: Oriental Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Occasionally traveling, Armenian.

« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2011, 04:35:39 AM »

Well, I guess Jesus never had a reason to be ashamed of airing his dirty laundry in public. I guess it also goes to show that when you try to air the Lord's dirty laundry in public, even that comes out clean. Christ-cleanser, the only detergent to use blood to get out even the worst stains, like more blood. It's everywhere you want to be.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2011, 04:40:09 AM by Anastasia1 » Logged

Behold, now is the accepted time; behold, now is the day of salvation. (2 Cor 2:6)
LBK
Merarches

Faith: Orthodox

Holy Father Patrick, pray for us!

« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2011, 04:53:38 AM »

Well, I guess Jesus never had a reason to be ashamed of airing his dirty laundry in public. I guess it also goes to show that when you try to air the Lord's dirty laundry in public, even that comes out clean. Christ-cleanser, the only detergent to use blood to get out even the worst stains, like more blood. It's everywhere you want to be.

POST OF THE MONTH!!  Truly inspired. laugh laugh laugh
Shiny
Site Supporter
Muted
Toumarches

Faith: Groucho Marxist
Jurisdiction: Dahntahn Stoop Haus

Paint It Red

« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2011, 10:17:34 AM »

That's nice. But what does it smell like?

“There is your brother, naked, crying, and you stand there confused over the choice of an attractive floor covering.”

– St. Ambrose of Milan
primuspilus
Taxiarches

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: Antiochian Orthodox Archdiocese of North America - Western Rite Orthodox

Inserting personal quote here.

« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2011, 11:56:04 AM »

This stuff makes us look so stupid.......well...this and the grilled cheese sammich.

PP

"I confidently affirm that whoever calls himself Universal Bishop is the precursor of Antichrist"
Gregory the Great

"Never, never, never let anyone tell you that, in order to be Orthodox, you must also be eastern." St. John Maximovitch, The Wonderworker
Anastasia1
My warrior name is Beyoncé Pad Thai
OC.net guru

Faith: Oriental Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Occasionally traveling, Armenian.

« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2011, 01:25:17 AM »

POST OF THE MONTH!!  Truly inspired. laugh laugh laugh
Thanks for the compliment.

Behold, now is the accepted time; behold, now is the day of salvation. (2 Cor 2:6)
Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: