OrthodoxChristianity.net
October 01, 2014, 12:37:14 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Browser Window Size  (Read 353 times) Average Rating: 0
Justin Kissel
Formerly Asteriktos
Protospatharios

black metal cat

« on: December 28, 2011, 12:50:02 PM »

How do I get an IE browser window to stay the size I want it each time I open a new one? Sometimes I'm opening and closing dozens of windows, and I'd like to set a certain size for it.

(And no, I'm not going to switch to your favorite browser; so go ahead and talk about how much IE sucks--I know you will  Grin--just don't expect me to change browsers)
« Last Edit: December 28, 2011, 12:50:17 PM by Asteriktos » Logged

"But science is an inferential exercise, not a catalog of facts. Numbers, by themselves, specify nothing. All depends upon what you do with them" - Stephen Jay Gould
PeterTheAleut
The Right Blowhard Peter the Furtive of Yetts O'Muckhart
Section Moderator
Protospatharios

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: OCA

Lord, have mercy on the Christians in Mosul!

« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2011, 12:51:25 PM »

How do I get an IE browser window to stay the size I want it each time I open a new one? Sometimes I'm opening and closing dozens of windows, and I'd like to set a certain size for it.

(And no, I'm not going to switch to your favorite browser; so go ahead and talk about how much IE sucks--I know you will  Grin--just don't expect me to change browsers)
I don't know. I always open Web pages in new tabs inside the same IE browser window.
LizaSymonenko
Слава Ісусу Христу!!! Glory to Jesus Christ!!!
Global Moderator
Toumarches

Faith: God's Holy Catholic and Apostolic Orthodox Church
Jurisdiction: Ukrainian Orthodox Church of the U.S.A.

« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2011, 12:55:20 PM »

Ohhhh!  IE!  Really?  You really SHOULD at least switch to Google Chrome.  It's free....and way better!  Honest!

My sister was like you...wouldn't use anything other than IE.  I even downloaded it all and had it ready....and she only used IE.....until she began having issues and phoned me for help.....and when I asked why she wasn't using the others....well...she tried Google Chrome....and hasn't looked back.

However, to answer your question....

First, close all open IE windows
Launch IE again.
Right-click on any link and choose Open in New Window.
Resize the resulting secondary window to the size you want for all secondary windows.
Now close the window by holding the Shift key and clicking the X icon in its top-right-hand corner.
Set the remaining window (the original one) to the size you want IE to have when initially launched, and close it in the same way.

This should work.

Smiley

Conquer evil men by your gentle kindness, and make zealous men wonder at your goodness. Put the lover of legality to shame by your compassion. With the afflicted be afflicted in mind. Love all men, but keep distant from all men.
—St. Isaac of Syria
Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: