OrthodoxChristianity.net
July 23, 2014, 02:11:31 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 »  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Muslim Sect Bombs Catholic Churches on Christmas in Nigeria  (Read 1860 times) Average Rating: 0
podkarpatska
Warned
Merarches

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: ACROD

SS Cyril and Methodius Church, Mercer, PA

« on: December 25, 2011, 05:36:49 PM »

Eternal Memory to those who perished as they worshiped the newborn Christ Child by the hands of infidels who value no life, and in fact value nothing at all but for their twisted hatred of all of those who are 'not like them.'

May the Virgin Mary intercede on their behalf and carry these new Christian Martyrs to a place of Glory in God's heavenly Kingdom. May the newborn Savior protect the Christians of Nigeria during these difficult days and may all of us set aside our sectarian differences for the moment and contemplate those things which, in the end, are truly important.  http://www.washingtonpost.com/world/christmas-attacks-on-nigerian-churches/2011/12/25/gIQA1XHZHP_gallery.html?hpid=z2
GTAsoldier
Elder

Faith: Christian
Jurisdiction: God knows what lives in me in place of me....

GTAsoldier
« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2011, 05:40:58 PM »

Lord have mercy! Memory eternal!

God be merciful to us sinners.

Quote from: IoanC
the best way of conveying God's love to people is through your own presence and deeds.
No longer posting on this forum. Thanks to all the helpful people who inspired me. God bless.
mabsoota
Archon

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: Coptic

Kyrie eleison

« Reply #2 on: December 25, 2011, 06:01:10 PM »

i think it was more than one church.
http://www.reuters.com/article/2011/12/25/us-nigeria-blast-idUSTRE7BO03020111225
may God have mercy and strengthen the resolve of the next martyrs, whether they are in nigeria, egypt or anywhere else in the world.

we are citizens of heaven, may we live like it while we still have time on earth.
biro
Excelsior
Site Supporter
Toumarches

Jurisdiction: Greek Orthodox Church

Και κλήρονομον δείξον με, ζωής της αιωνίου

fleem
« Reply #3 on: December 25, 2011, 07:01:49 PM »

Memory eternal.

Charlie Rose: If you could change one thing about the world, what would it be?

Fran Lebowitz: Everything. There is not one thing with which I am satisfied.

http://spcasuncoast.org/
scamandrius
Crusher of Secrets; House Lannister
Warned
Taxiarches

Faith: Greek Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: Greek by desire; Antiochian by necessity

« Reply #4 on: December 25, 2011, 07:45:16 PM »

Memory eternal to the new martyrs.

Religion of peace, indeed.

I seek the truth by which no man was ever harmed--Marcus Aurelius

Those who do not read  history are doomed to get their facts from Hollywood--Anonymous

What earthly joy remains untouched by grief?--St. John Damascene
quietmorning
Quiet Morning
OC.net guru

Jurisdiction: Antiochian

« Reply #5 on: December 25, 2011, 08:07:52 PM »

Lord have mercy . . . Holy Father, forgive!

Memory Eternal to the New Martyrs.
Riddikulus
Protokentarchos

« Reply #6 on: December 25, 2011, 11:15:21 PM »

Memory eternal.  Cry

I believe in One God, maker of heaven and earth and of all things visible and invisible.

Nothing in biology makes sense except in the light of evolution.
Theodosius Dobzhansky, Russian Orthodox Christian (1900-1975)
recent convert
Orthodox Chrisitan
Warned
OC.net guru

Jurisdiction: Antiochian (N.A.)

« Reply #7 on: December 26, 2011, 02:00:09 AM »

Lord, have mercy!

Psalm 9:9-12

King James Version (KJV)

9The LORD also will be a refuge for the oppressed, a refuge in times of trouble.

10And they that know thy name will put their trust in thee: for thou, LORD, hast not forsaken them that seek thee.

11Sing praises to the LORD, which dwelleth in Zion: declare among the people his doings.

12When he maketh inquisition for blood, he remembereth them: he forgetteth not the cry of the humble.

King James Version (KJV)
 Public Domain
« Last Edit: December 26, 2011, 02:01:09 AM by recent convert » Logged

Antiochian OC N.A.
Irish Melkite
Information Mongeror
High Elder

Faith: Melkite Greek-Catholic
Jurisdiction: Eparchy of Newton

« Reply #8 on: December 26, 2011, 04:00:41 AM »

Memory eternal to those who were killed and may the Lord look with blessing on the many injured.

"Not only is it unnecessary to adopt the customs of the Latin Rite to manifest one's Catholicism, it is an offense against the unity of the Church."

- Melkite Archbishop Joseph (Tawil), of blessed memory
HandmaidenofGod
Archon

Faith: Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Ukrainian Orthodox Church of the USA (Ecumenical Patriarch)

O Holy St. Demetrius pray to God for us!

« Reply #9 on: December 26, 2011, 04:02:58 AM »

Lord, have mercy! Memory Eternal!

"For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, says the LORD, thoughts of peace and not of evil, to give you a future and a hope." Jer 29:11
Rdunbar123

« Reply #10 on: December 26, 2011, 05:12:53 AM »

Memory eternal to the new martyrs.

Religion of peace, indeed.

You have it wrong, like the tanker says, Islam, the religion of pieces!
Rdunbar123

« Reply #11 on: December 26, 2011, 01:55:35 PM »

How does autocorrect read tanker for ?
CCTE

Jurisdiction: Romanian Patriarchate

Patriarch Daniel

« Reply #12 on: December 27, 2011, 05:19:43 AM »

This is so unjust for the christians. Why they can not respect the christians? In Christian countries we don't blow their mosques and we do't kill their faithfulls. Why they can not respect us? We don't treat muslims in our countries like they treat us in countries like Nigeria, Indonesia, Egypt etc.  Cry
« Last Edit: December 27, 2011, 05:20:16 AM by CCTE » Logged

Sorry if my English is not perfect
Balthasar
Elder

Jurisdiction: Ethiopian Orthodox Tewahedo Church

« Reply #13 on: December 27, 2011, 10:15:28 AM »

Every three minutes, a Christian is dying for his/her faith. Every day one story or the other keep repeating it-self, yet, Christians shy away to take action.Prayer alone will not be enough to stop the islamic Jihad.
I wouldn't bother with trying to forgive them. Rather one should reserve one's energies for the fight against the onslaught of the infidels who belong to this particular branch of satanic worship.
CoptoGeek
of Alexandria, the Christ-loving City
OC.net guru

Jurisdiction: Coptic Orthodox Church

« Reply #14 on: December 27, 2011, 12:35:09 PM »

Lord, have mercy!

"Be oppressed, rather than the oppressor. Be gentle, rather than zealous. Lay hold of goodness, rather than justice." -St. Isaac of Nineveh

“I returned to the Coptic Orthodox Church with affection, finding in her our tormented and broken history“. -Salama Moussa
primuspilus
Taxiarches

Jurisdiction: Antiochian Orthodox Archdiocese of North America - Western Rite Orthodox

Inserting personal quote here.

« Reply #15 on: December 27, 2011, 01:31:45 PM »

This is so unjust for the christians. Why they can not respect the christians? In Christian countries we don't blow their mosques and we do't kill their faithfulls. Why they can not respect us? We don't treat muslims in our countries like they treat us in countries like Nigeria, Indonesia, Egypt etc.  Cry
You can not expect from evil what you get from good.

PP

"I confidently affirm that whoever calls himself Universal Bishop is the precursor of Antichrist"
Gregory the Great
Hiwot
Christ is Risen!
OC.net guru

Job 19:25-27

« Reply #16 on: December 27, 2011, 01:59:21 PM »

May the Lord comfort and strengthen those who call upon His Glorious Name. Lord have mercy!

Christ is Risen!

To God be the Glory in all things! Amen!

Only pray for me, that God would give me both inward and outward strength, that I may not only speak, but truly will; and that I may not merely be called a Christian, but really be found to be one. St.Ignatius of Antioch.Epistle to the Romans.
Schultz
Christian. Guitarist. Zymurgist. Librarian.
Taxiarches

Jurisdiction: OCA

Scion of the McKeesport Becks.

« Reply #17 on: December 27, 2011, 02:03:39 PM »

Every three minutes, a Christian is dying for his/her faith. Every day one story or the other keep repeating it-self, yet, Christians shy away to take action.Prayer alone will not be enough to stop the islamic Jihad.
I wouldn't bother with trying to forgive them. Rather one should reserve one's energies for the fight against the onslaught of the infidels who belong to this particular branch of satanic worship.

Have fun on Judgment Day.

"Hearing a nun's confession is like being stoned to death with popcorn." --Abp. Fulton Sheen
biro
Excelsior
Site Supporter
Toumarches

fleem
« Reply #18 on: December 27, 2011, 03:59:38 PM »

Lord have mercy.

St. Michael, St. George and all saints, pray for us.

Riddikulus
Protokentarchos

« Reply #19 on: December 27, 2011, 05:22:02 PM »

I wouldn't bother with trying to forgive them.

Not even a "Lord, forgive them for they know not what they do?" No one group of people has a monopoly on violence against those who don't believe accordingly; religiously or politically.

Lord, have mercy on us all. 

I believe in One God, maker of heaven and earth and of all things visible and invisible.

Rdunbar123

« Reply #20 on: December 27, 2011, 06:33:11 PM »

We as Christians have to guard against our first reaction which is hatred. The real dilemma is how to protect ourselves and our respective cultures. It is quite clear that the radical faction has the more moderate( I assume there is one) living in fear, much as the KKK in the south had the majority(I hope) of southern Christians intimidated into silence during the Civil Rights days. What is the correct response? do we let Islam take over the world?
Jason.Wike
OC.net guru

« Reply #21 on: December 27, 2011, 06:51:22 PM »

do we let Islam take over the world?

There's so many Western non-Muslim apologists for Islam now it is starting to look inevitable. If you say anything about it you're branded a racist. But if Anjem Choudary says they're going to take over Britain, enforce sharia and do all the other neccesary things that they would do like kill millions of people, destroy our civilization, history and future, its A Ok.
biro
Excelsior
Site Supporter
Toumarches

fleem
« Reply #22 on: December 27, 2011, 06:53:40 PM »

Has anyone tried to present a case at the U.N. to put diplomatic pressure on countries which repress religious freedom?

Not sure how much it would accomplish, but at least the more we hold up the problem to public exposure, the more we can turn people's attentions to it.

HabteSelassie
Ises and I-ity
Archon

Faith: Oriental Orthodox

« Reply #23 on: December 27, 2011, 06:54:25 PM »

Greetings in that Divine and Most Precious Name of Our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ!

There's so many Western non-Muslim apologists for Islam now it is starting to look inevitable. If you say anything about it you're branded a racist. But if Anjem Choudary says they're going to take over Britain, enforce sharia and do all the other neccesary things that they would do like kill millions of people, destroy our civilization, history and future, its A Ok.

Fear mongering and misinformation does not necessarily make rumors and slanted gossip into fact my brothers and sisters.  Please, let us avoid politicizing a mutually Christian memorial thread Sad

stay blessed,
habte selassie

"Yet stand aloof from stupid questionings and geneologies and strifes and fightings about law, for they are without benefit and vain." Titus 3:10
Jason.Wike
OC.net guru

« Reply #24 on: December 27, 2011, 06:55:03 PM »

Whenever I think of Islam now I always think of Psalm 37.

Do not fret because of those who are evil
or be envious of those who do wrong;
for like the grass they will soon wither,
like green plants they will soon die away.

Jason.Wike
OC.net guru

« Reply #25 on: December 27, 2011, 06:59:55 PM »

Whatever Habte. I can't go a day without hearing that not accepting Islam as beautiful and good, even from non-Muslims, is hateful and unacceptable. Its only misinformation to the people who have their heads stuck in the ground.
Riddikulus
Protokentarchos

« Reply #26 on: December 27, 2011, 07:00:10 PM »

We as Christians have to guard against our first reaction which is hatred.

Indeed.

The real dilemma is how to protect ourselves and our respective cultures.

And perhaps these Muslims who have wronged this Christian community have the same fears?

It is quite clear that the radical faction has the more moderate( I assume there is one) living in fear, much as the KKK in the south had the majority(I hope) of southern Christians intimidated into silence during the Civil Rights days. What is the correct response? do we let Islam take over the world?

There is a moderate faction, but I wouldn't rely on moderates to be much good in the final analysise. Moderates are often swept away by the more agressive, sometimes even an agressive minority. Your example of silenced southern Christmas might be a good one. Look historically to "Christian" Germany. Look historically to "Christian" Britain. Heck, look historically at any nation calling itself "Christian" and see how those who ever called for moderation are demonised as the enemy of the state and silenced.

The correct response IMO is to resist all feelings of hatred and understand that these people who have done these terrible things are people no less than us. People made in the image of God, faulty in their thinking and lack of love, as we too can be faulty. In different circumstances it might even be people claiming to be Christians who have planted bombs, people who have perhaps confused nationalism with faith.

Our response? We pray for them as we pray for their victims. And should it look like Islam is taking over the world? Hard as it is to think of it, we prepare ourselves for martyrdom.

HandmaidenofGod
Archon

« Reply #27 on: December 27, 2011, 07:02:23 PM »

Rather one should reserve one's energies for the fight against the onslaught of the infidels who belong to this particular branch of satanic worship.

Funny, they say the same thing about us.

It's this type of mentality that causes one group to kill another for their beliefs.

Let us remember the words of Our Lord in the Gospel of Matthew Chapter 5:

1And seeing the multitudes, he went up into a mountain: and when he was set, his disciples came unto him: 2And he opened his mouth, and taught them, saying,

3Blessed are the poor in spirit: for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.

4Blessed are they that mourn: for they shall be comforted.

5Blessed are the meek: for they shall inherit the earth.

6Blessed are they which do hunger and thirst after righteousness: for they shall be filled.

7Blessed are the merciful: for they shall obtain mercy.

8Blessed are the pure in heart: for they shall see God.

9Blessed are the peacemakers: for they shall be called the children of God.

10Blessed are they which are persecuted for righteousness' sake: for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.

11Blessed are ye, when men shall revile you, and persecute you, and shall say all manner of evil against you falsely, for my sake. 12Rejoice, and be exceeding glad: for great is your reward in heaven: for so persecuted they the prophets which were before you.

13Ye are the salt of the earth: but if the salt have lost his savour, wherewith shall it be salted? it is thenceforth good for nothing, but to be cast out, and to be trodden under foot of men.

14Ye are the light of the world. A city that is set on an hill cannot be hid. 15Neither do men light a candle, and put it under a bushel, but on a candlestick; and it giveth light unto all that are in the house. 16Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven.

"For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, says the LORD, thoughts of peace and not of evil, to give you a future and a hope." Jer 29:11
Riddikulus
Protokentarchos

« Reply #28 on: December 27, 2011, 07:05:24 PM »

Rather one should reserve one's energies for the fight against the onslaught of the infidels who belong to this particular branch of satanic worship.

It's this type of mentality that causes one group to kill another for their beliefs.

1And seeing the multitudes, he went up into a mountain: and when he was set, his disciples came unto him: 2And he opened his mouth, and taught them, saying,

6Blessed are they which do hunger and thirst after righteousness: for they shall be filled.

10Blessed are they which are persecuted for righteousness' sake: for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.

11Blessed are ye, when men shall revile you, and persecute you, and shall say all manner of evil against you falsely, for my sake. 12Rejoice, and be exceeding glad: for great is your reward in heaven: for so persecuted they the prophets which were before you.

13Ye are the salt of the earth: but if the salt have lost his savour, wherewith shall it be salted? it is thenceforth good for nothing, but to be cast out, and to be trodden under foot of men.

14Ye are the light of the world. A city that is set on an hill cannot be hid. 15Neither do men light a candle, and put it under a bushel, but on a candlestick; and it giveth light unto all that are in the house. 16Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven.

^^ Deafening applause. We shouldn't look to Muslims to behave as Christians, only ourselves.

HabteSelassie
Ises and I-ity
Archon

Faith: Oriental Orthodox

« Reply #29 on: December 27, 2011, 07:17:50 PM »

Greetings in that Divine and Most Precious Name of Our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ!

^^ Deafening applause. We shouldn't look to Muslims to behave as Christians, only ourselves.

Amen
Amen
Amen!

My thoughts exactly to both of you, the Devil is challenging our human weakness to try and rise anger, hatred, and scathing judgement out of us, just as happened before when the Prophets were killed. In the process, we condemn ourselves equally as the murderers and its a win-win for the Devil, and a lose-lose for ourselves.  We then shouldn't expect the world to conform to our Christian ideals, but we most definitely should expect ourselves not to conform to the world.

stay blessed,
habte selassie

"Yet stand aloof from stupid questionings and geneologies and strifes and fightings about law, for they are without benefit and vain." Titus 3:10
Hiwot
Christ is Risen!
OC.net guru

Job 19:25-27

« Reply #30 on: December 27, 2011, 08:26:05 PM »

Whatever Habte. I can't go a day without hearing that not accepting Islam as beautiful and good, even from non-Muslims, is hateful and unacceptable. Its only misinformation to the people who have their heads stuck in the ground.

yes! such a claim of the goodness of Islam is seen as a sign of ones wisdom and education by those non-Muslim's who are self appointed apologists of Islam, even in the face of what the prophet of Islam and the Koran has thought , even in the face of what has been and is being practiced by the devout of Islam to enter Paradise. the blood of the innocents cries out for the truth that lead to their slaughter to be told and I am reminded of the Holy Spirit warning all through the prophet Isaiah 5:20-21

"Woe to those who call evil good
and good evil,
who put darkness for light
and light for darkness,
who put bitter for sweet
and sweet for bitter!
21 Woe to those who are wise in their own eyes,
and shrewd in their own sight!

Indeed may the Lord forgive them for they know not what they do! Lord have mercy on us!

To God be the Glory in all things! Amen!

Only pray for me, that God would give me both inward and outward strength, that I may not only speak, but truly will; and that I may not merely be called a Christian, but really be found to be one. St.Ignatius of Antioch.Epistle to the Romans.
Byron
Moderated
Elder

Faith: Orthodox Nationalist

« Reply #31 on: December 27, 2011, 11:18:16 PM »

I agree with you and Balthasar. We cannot stand by like onlookers whilst being betrayed by politicians who are allowing Islamic hordes into our countries. Put pressure on governments to stop immigration. If all that fails it is up to us to take to the streets and reclaim our heritage.

Half the posters on here are sheeple. Brainwashed to the extent were they are in effect supporting the extermination of Christians by Muslims by staying quiet. 

Not a fan of Israel but at least they know how do deal with Islamic Jihad, Hezbollah etc brute force. And it's worked rather well the last few years.

I. Metaxas - 4th of August Regime

"Country, Loyalty, Family and Religion".

Nationalism, Monarchy, Family and Orthodoxy.
scamandrius
Crusher of Secrets; House Lannister
Warned
Taxiarches

Faith: Greek Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: Greek by desire; Antiochian by necessity

« Reply #32 on: December 27, 2011, 11:32:23 PM »

Has anyone tried to present a case at the U.N. to put diplomatic pressure on countries which repress religious freedom?

Not sure how much it would accomplish, but at least the more we hold up the problem to public exposure, the more we can turn people's attentions to it.

Are you serious?  The U.N.?  The bureaucrats at this meeting would turn it into a circus about how there isn't enough diversity in the United States and that the U.S. government infringes on religious freedom.  They are nothing but apologists for adherents of radical Islam and its protectors/enablers because they have the same enemy--western civilization.

I seek the truth by which no man was ever harmed--Marcus Aurelius

Those who do not read  history are doomed to get their facts from Hollywood--Anonymous

What earthly joy remains untouched by grief?--St. John Damascene
biro
Excelsior
Site Supporter
Toumarches

fleem
« Reply #33 on: December 27, 2011, 11:46:10 PM »

That may be so. I was just thinking of what else could be done, other than a WW I situation where we all agree to back up certain countries... and wait until the whole thing explodes.

HandmaidenofGod
Archon

« Reply #34 on: December 28, 2011, 12:27:52 AM »

I agree with you and Balthasar. We cannot stand by like onlookers whilst being betrayed by politicians who are allowing Islamic hordes into our countries. Put pressure on governments to stop immigration. If all that fails it is up to us to take to the streets and reclaim our heritage.

Half the posters on here are sheeple. Brainwashed to the extent were they are in effect supporting the extermination of Christians by Muslims by staying quiet. 

Not a fan of Israel but at least they know how do deal with Islamic Jihad, Hezbollah etc brute force. And it's worked rather well the last few years.

Stop immigration, huh? Funny, after the Russian Revolution, many of the Orthodox communities in this country were regarded with suspicion, many believed to be housing Communists. And let's not forget how well stereotyping and suspicion worked for Japanese-Americans after Pearl Harbor.

You call members of this board ”sheeple,” but you demonstrate your own ignorance. It is Muslims who guard St. Katherine's monastery in Egypt, and Muslims who guard the Church of the Holy Seplechur in the Holy Land.

Muslims, just like Christians, are made in the image and likeness of God. Since they are God' s creation, they are not all evil. Christ told us to love one another; not just those who think/act/look like we do.

Hate begets hate. We must counter the hate of others with the love of Christ.

Rdunbar123

« Reply #35 on: December 28, 2011, 06:51:14 AM »

All of these replies are interesting and I can see both sides. How is stopping our civilization from being overrun different from Constantine whom we hold a Saint from first uniting the empire, and then defeating a challenge from a co emperor who was persecuting Christians? Or didn't a great battle take place I 1453 to prevent the fall of Constantinople? Or the Moslem defeats at the gate of Vienna. No where did Jesus condemn serving in the army AFAIK. Isn't the injunction against hatred an not self defense. What do the Fathers say on this if anyone has done the research. i'Ve never heard of a condemnation of serving in the Army, in fact we have chaplains. Good thread, lets stay away from hatred and discuss the historical stand of the Church and the Fathers
Jason.Wike
OC.net guru

« Reply #36 on: December 28, 2011, 02:56:56 PM »

It is Muslims who guard St. Katherine's monastery in Egypt, and Muslims who guard the Church of the Holy Seplechur in the Holy Land.

The first of which has been attacked how many times in the past two years... One of the attacks was by the Army.
vasily
Warned

Jurisdiction: Orthodox church in america

« Reply #37 on: December 28, 2011, 03:47:46 PM »

Christ is Born!

Another article that mentions the Nigerian attack, also goes into mentions the plight of Christians in other Middle Eastern areas. The article titled, " A Grim Christmas".

www.morningoffering.blogspot.com

dzheremi
Protokentarchos

Jurisdiction: Coptic

« Reply #38 on: December 28, 2011, 04:12:10 PM »

Kyrie eleison, Kyrie eleison, Kyrie eleison!

STOP FREAKING FIGHTING ABOUT ISLAM, AND START/KEEP PRAYING FOR THE CHRISTIANS OF NIGERIA.

Sinners will fall by their own net, remember? It is more important that we remain faithful during these struggles than to fight about some stupid bedouin's 7th century fantasies. Muhammad is dead, but Christ is eternally risen, and the Lord is with us. That is all we need to know.

Lord have mercy on the Christians in Nigeria, Egypt, Iraq, and all around the world, and on their tormentors. Extend to them the mercy that they deny to others, that through Your mercies they may turn away from their evil.

Rdunbar123

« Reply #39 on: December 28, 2011, 05:38:34 PM »

to try to answer my question about church fathers, i did a google on church fathers and military and came across the following link.
http://www.heraldmag.org/olb/Contents/doctrine/ecvowams.htm
did not vet this source but it does have some interesting quotes alledgedly from early church fathers. of course as I have become sadly aware much "cherry picking" and out of context takes place.
Balthasar
Elder

« Reply #40 on: December 29, 2011, 10:09:19 AM »

Let me try to update...

--Leader of the Christian association of Nigeria, Bishop Ayo Oritsajafor said: “The Christmas day attacks fit 'into the profile of Islamic Jihad over the years on the Christian community,' Oritsajafor said after meeting the president. 'It is considered as a declaration of war on Christians and Nigeria as an entity.”

--Nigeria's Christians are losing faith that the government will protect them from attacks by Islamic extremists and will "respond appropriately" to future killings, the country's leading church group warned Wednesday.

--A Christian family of four has been killed in a machete attack in Plateau State, one of the Nigerian states that was site of a church bombing on Christmas Day. Fulani herdsmen, who are typically Muslim, are suspected in the attack.

--Former sheik who converted to Christianity from Islam, suffered severe burns following a Christmas Eve acid attack near Kampala, Uganda’s capital.

The only way to negoiate with a muslim is to make sure he is no longer around you
primuspilus
Taxiarches

Jurisdiction: Antiochian Orthodox Archdiocese of North America - Western Rite Orthodox

Inserting personal quote here.

« Reply #41 on: December 29, 2011, 10:42:21 AM »

but but but...its such a small minority  Roll Eyes

PP

"I confidently affirm that whoever calls himself Universal Bishop is the precursor of Antichrist"
Gregory the Great
biro
Excelsior
Site Supporter
Toumarches

fleem
« Reply #42 on: December 29, 2011, 11:09:26 AM »

St. Moses, pray for us.

podkarpatska
Warned
Merarches

Jurisdiction: ACROD

SS Cyril and Methodius Church, Mercer, PA

« Reply #43 on: December 29, 2011, 11:14:25 AM »

Let me try to update...

--Leader of the Christian association of Nigeria, Bishop Ayo Oritsajafor said: “The Christmas day attacks fit 'into the profile of Islamic Jihad over the years on the Christian community,' Oritsajafor said after meeting the president. 'It is considered as a declaration of war on Christians and Nigeria as an entity.”

--Nigeria's Christians are losing faith that the government will protect them from attacks by Islamic extremists and will "respond appropriately" to future killings, the country's leading church group warned Wednesday.

--A Christian family of four has been killed in a machete attack in Plateau State, one of the Nigerian states that was site of a church bombing on Christmas Day. Fulani herdsmen, who are typically Muslim, are suspected in the attack.

--Former sheik who converted to Christianity from Islam, suffered severe burns following a Christmas Eve acid attack near Kampala, Uganda’s capital.

The only way to negoiate with a muslim is to make sure he is no longer around you

History tells us that such approaches to similar issues in multiple settings and cultures around the globe have rarely, if ever, worked out as expected for anyone involved. Beware of what you wish for, as it may come true - as goes the old saying.

« Last Edit: December 29, 2011, 11:15:15 AM by podkarpatska » Logged
Balthasar
Elder

« Reply #44 on: December 30, 2011, 01:12:06 PM »

Update:

As the suspected death toll from Christmas Day terrorist attacks on Nigerian churches approached 200, the bishops of Nigeria declared December 31 a day of prayer and fasting.

Let's remember other Martyrs too:

I hope we all still remember the brutal murder of the head of Turkey's Catholic Church, Bishop Luigi Padovese, in 2010. The 62-year-old bishop,  spearheaded the Vatican's efforts to improve Muslim-Christian relations in Turkey, was stabbed repeatedly at his home by his long-time driver and Muslim bodyguard Murat Altun, who concluded the slaughter by decapitating Padovese and shouting, "I killed the Great Satan. Allahu Akhbar!" He then told the police that he had acted in obedience to a "command from God."

This is not wholly surprising, these act are taking place since the year 622, day in day out, in every society where this diabolic cult is permitted.

Tags: Islam 
Pages: 1 2 »  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: