OrthodoxChristianity.net
September 18, 2014, 09:44:38 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Some Help With Anthropological Books by Catholics?  (Read 434 times) Average Rating: 0
Justin Kissel
Formerly Asteriktos
Protospatharios

« on: December 23, 2011, 09:41:52 PM »

Does anyone know of any books by Roman Catholics in which they discuss issues such as the nature/constitution of our pre-lapsarian state, how the fall changed that state (ie. what actual physical changes took place, what impact the changes had, etc.), etc.?  I've found Orthodox books on this, so I have to think there are some Catholic ones out there, but I haven't been able to find any yet...  (I did find a book of some homilies on Genesis by Pope Benedict XVI, which I'll get, but I don't know if that'll have what I'm after or not)

Yes, yes, youth is wasted on the young. And so is accumulated experience wasted on the old, the positives of modernism wasted on moderns, the beauty of Christianity wasted on Christians, the utility of scholarship wasted on scholars, and on and on.
quietmorning
QuietMorning
Archon

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: Antiochian

St. Photini

« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2011, 09:53:19 PM »

I know this is a stretch - but there is a pretty vast library which is usually available to a priest, but not available to the laity or public at large.  (My uncle is a priest.)  You might want to call your local RC church and inquire of the priest, perhaps he will allow you to borrow a couple or lead you in the direction where you might have access.

In His Mercy,
BethAnna
Justin Kissel
Formerly Asteriktos
Protospatharios

« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2011, 10:05:09 PM »

I hadn't thought of that... and come to think of it, we have a Catholic college in town as well, I could ask some of the people there if need be. Thanks! Smiley

Yes, yes, youth is wasted on the young. And so is accumulated experience wasted on the old, the positives of modernism wasted on moderns, the beauty of Christianity wasted on Christians, the utility of scholarship wasted on scholars, and on and on.
quietmorning
QuietMorning
Archon

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: Antiochian

St. Photini

« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2011, 11:42:45 PM »

You're welcome! Smiley

In His Mercy,
BethAnna
ialmisry
There's nothing John of Damascus can't answer
Warned
Hypatos

Faith: جامعي Arab confesssing the Orthodox Faith of the One, Holy, Catholic and Apostolic Church
Jurisdiction: Antioch (for now), but my heart belongs to Alexandria

« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2011, 01:04:17 AM »

Does anyone know of any books by Roman Catholics in which they discuss issues such as the nature/constitution of our pre-lapsarian state, how the fall changed that state (ie. what actual physical changes took place, what impact the changes had, etc.), etc.?  I've found Orthodox books on this, so I have to think there are some Catholic ones out there, but I haven't been able to find any yet...  (I did find a book of some homilies on Genesis by Pope Benedict XVI, which I'll get, but I don't know if that'll have what I'm after or not)
I'm curious, what books were those?

I was just reading (was it here) how the basing of natural law on a prelapsidarian Adam doesn't comport with the Orthodox teleological modeling on Christ.

Question a friend, perhaps he did not do it; but if he did anything so that he may do it no more.
A hasty quarrel kindles fire,
and urgent strife sheds blood.
If you blow on a spark, it will glow;
if you spit on it, it will be put out;
                           and both come out of your mouth
Justin Kissel
Formerly Asteriktos
Protospatharios

« Reply #5 on: December 25, 2011, 06:50:56 PM »

I'm curious, what books were those?

I was just reading (was it here) how the basing of natural law on a prelapsidarian Adam doesn't comport with the Orthodox teleological modeling on Christ.

I looked through my notes for what I was thinking of but--on this pass through anyway--only found some stuff from Deification in Christ by Panayiotis Nellas. I will try to organize stuff eventually (probably when I transfer it to a notepad file) and post the quotes here.

Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: