Author Topic: Church Militant et al.  (Read 471 times)

Offline militantsparrow

• High Elder
  • Faith: Orthodox Christian
  • Jurisdiction: Western Rite Antiochian
Church Militant et al.
« on: December 22, 2011, 08:36:34 AM »
Are terms such as Church Militant and Church Triumphant used in WRO?
"Yeah, the sparrow hath found an house..." -Psalm 84:3

Offline Sleeper

• OC.net guru
  • On hiatus for the foreseeable future.
Re: Church Militant et al.
« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2011, 07:09:22 PM »
In the Orthodox Missal, one of the Prayers Before Mass (the "Declaration of Intention") says:

I intend to assist at this celebration of the Holy Sacrifice (and to offer this Communion) for the praise of Almighty God, and of the whole Church triumphant; for my own benefit; for the benefit of the whole Church militant and expectant; for all in general who have commended themselves to my prayers; and in particular for...and I pray that God may grant all those things which I now purpose for His glory, and which are according to His holy will.

Offline militantsparrow

• High Elder
  • Faith: Orthodox Christian
  • Jurisdiction: Western Rite Antiochian
Re: Church Militant et al.
« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2011, 01:57:51 AM »
In the Orthodox Missal, one of the Prayers Before Mass (the "Declaration of Intention") says:

I intend to assist at this celebration of the Holy Sacrifice (and to offer this Communion) for the praise of Almighty God, and of the whole Church triumphant; for my own benefit; for the benefit of the whole Church militant and expectant; for all in general who have commended themselves to my prayers; and in particular for...and I pray that God may grant all those things which I now purpose for His glory, and which are according to His holy will.

Good to know. Thank you.
"Yeah, the sparrow hath found an house..." -Psalm 84:3