OrthodoxChristianity.net
October 25, 2014, 09:01:51 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Church Militant et al.  (Read 434 times) Average Rating: 0
militantsparrow
High Elder

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Antiochian Orthodox Christian Archdiocese of North America

militantsparrow
« on: December 22, 2011, 08:36:34 AM »

Are terms such as Church Militant and Church Triumphant used in WRO?

"Yeah, the sparrow hath found an house..." -Psalm 84:3
Sleeper
OC.net guru

On hiatus for the foreseeable future.

« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2011, 07:09:22 PM »

In the Orthodox Missal, one of the Prayers Before Mass (the "Declaration of Intention") says:

I intend to assist at this celebration of the Holy Sacrifice (and to offer this Communion) for the praise of Almighty God, and of the whole Church triumphant; for my own benefit; for the benefit of the whole Church militant and expectant; for all in general who have commended themselves to my prayers; and in particular for...and I pray that God may grant all those things which I now purpose for His glory, and which are according to His holy will.
militantsparrow
High Elder

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Antiochian Orthodox Christian Archdiocese of North America

militantsparrow
« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2011, 01:57:51 AM »

In the Orthodox Missal, one of the Prayers Before Mass (the "Declaration of Intention") says:

I intend to assist at this celebration of the Holy Sacrifice (and to offer this Communion) for the praise of Almighty God, and of the whole Church triumphant; for my own benefit; for the benefit of the whole Church militant and expectant; for all in general who have commended themselves to my prayers; and in particular for...and I pray that God may grant all those things which I now purpose for His glory, and which are according to His holy will.

Good to know. Thank you.

"Yeah, the sparrow hath found an house..." -Psalm 84:3
Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: