OrthodoxChristianity.net
April 16, 2014, 03:47:29 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The Rules page has been updated.  Please familiarize yourself with its contents!

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags CHAT Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Is my marriage HAS to be blessed in OC?  (Read 3275 times) Average Rating: 0
akimori makoto
正義の剣
Archon

Faith: Non-heretical Christian
Jurisdiction: Fully-sik-hektic archdiocese of Australia, bro

No-one bound by fleshly pleasures is worthy ...

« Reply #90 on: December 15, 2011, 08:10:53 PM »

Now you know first hand why Henry the VIII told Rome and the Orthodox Church's to go pound salt.  

That's an insanely rude comparison. Neither Victoria nor her situation resemble Henry VIII at all.
I beg to differ it is the same situation the Church trying to force it's hand on who and what marriage is and is clearly an abuse of power. I would also say that many agree with Henry on this as well look at the Number of Evangelical christians

Cannot tell if trolling ...

The Episcopallian road is easy and wide, for many go through it to find destruction. lol sorry channeling Isa.
biro
Excelsior
Site Supporter
Toumarches

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: Greek Orthodox Church

Και κλήρονομον δείξον με, ζωής της αιωνίου

fleem
« Reply #91 on: December 15, 2011, 11:19:08 PM »

Well, considering Henry's solution was to imprison or kill anyone who couldn't have his son, I'm not sure I consider him a reliable authority on anything.

Charlie Rose: If you could change one thing about the world, what would it be?

Fran Lebowitz: Everything. There is not one thing with which I am satisfied.

http://spcasuncoast.org/
Carl Kraeff (Second Chance)
Taxiarches

Jurisdiction: OCA

« Reply #92 on: December 15, 2011, 11:40:50 PM »

for anyone who is wondering, here is what my priest told me, exactly"if you were married in protestant church, they don't have the sacraments that we do ergo marriage there would be considered invalid by OC. (He didn't actually say GOARCH.)  Normally, the other spouse would come in and I would perform a ceremony again. 98 % of people didn't have any issues with this at all and the other 2%even became OC."
I think at that point I asked him about communion and from my best recollection, his anwer went like this"if marriage is not valid and couple is considered living in sin, its not proper for them to take communion".
FYI, I'm not so much really angry at priest since its clear that he is following GOARCH directives but I do think its ridiculous. I will see what happens after I talk to ROCOR priest in town.
thanks everyone for your thoughts

I am sorry to say this and I apologize in advance to anybody whom I may offend. I agree that it is absolutely ridiculous if her recollection is correct. I do not care if the priest is carrying out a policy or not. If he is faithful to his bishop's directives, his bishop is wrong. If the bishop is carrying out a GOARCH policy, then the Synod is wrong. Just plain wrong no matter which way you look at it. I hope and pray that this is an instance of miscommunication.

Michal: "SC, love you in this thread."
Iconodule
Uranopolitan
Taxiarches

Jurisdiction: OCA (Diocese of Eastern Pennsylvania)

"My god is greater."

« Reply #93 on: December 15, 2011, 11:43:34 PM »

Now you know first hand why Henry the VIII told Rome and the Orthodox Church's to go pound salt.  

That's an insanely rude comparison. Neither Victoria nor her situation resemble Henry VIII at all.
I beg to differ it is the same situation the Church trying to force it's hand on who and what marriage is and is clearly an abuse of power.

So someone trying to enter the Church while remaining married with her current husband is the same as a heretical king who wanted to divorce his wife because she wasn't giving birth to sons?

"A riddle or the cricket's cry
Is to doubt a fit reply." - William Blake

Quote from: Byron
Just ignore iconotools delusions. He is the biggest multiculturalist globalist there is due to his unfortunate background.
Riddikulus
Protokentarchos

« Reply #94 on: December 16, 2011, 12:19:49 AM »

^I, too, am struggling to see the correlation.

I believe in One God, maker of heaven and earth and of all things visible and invisible.

Nothing in biology makes sense except in the light of evolution.
Theodosius Dobzhansky, Russian Orthodox Christian (1900-1975)
ICXCNIKA
High Elder

Faith: Recovering Orthodox though spiritually wounded
Jurisdiction: OCA

« Reply #95 on: December 16, 2011, 12:23:16 AM »

Most marriages in human history have never been sacramental, and yet it was God who defined marriage in the Garden of Eden. Did he make a mistake by not making natural marriage sacramental? What of the Church, since it did not conduct marriages for the early centuries.

Marriage is blessed of God because even in human relations it represents at best the union of a man and woman for the prevention of sin, for the fruitfulness of the human race, and for mutual support. Even outside of the sacrament it offers a vocation of grace.

The sacrament of marriage transforms this proper and blessed human relation and invites the couple to find their marital focus in Christ by the power of the Holy Spirit. It becomes a relation which acts as the means of becoming truly Christian. But this does not mean that the underlying human relation is sinful. It is not. It is created by God. And sexual relations in a non-sacramental marriage can be selfless and wholesome, just as those in a sacramental marriage can be selfish and destructive. The fault is found in ourselves not the grace of God.
Amen Father.
Tags:
Pages: « 1 2 3  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: