for anyone who is wondering, here is what my priest told me, exactly"if you were married in protestant church, they don't have the sacraments that we do ergo marriage there would be considered invalid by OC. (He didn't actually say GOARCH.) Normally, the other spouse would come in and I would perform a ceremony again. 98 % of people didn't have any issues with this at all and the other 2%even became OC."
I think at that point I asked him about communion and from my best recollection, his anwer went like this"if marriage is not valid and couple is considered living in sin, its not proper for them to take communion".
FYI, I'm not so much really angry at priest since its clear that he is following GOARCH directives but I do think its ridiculous. I will see what happens after I talk to ROCOR priest in town.
thanks everyone for your thoughts
I am sorry to say this and I apologize in advance to anybody whom I may offend. I agree that it is absolutely ridiculous if her recollection is correct. I do not care if the priest is carrying out a policy or not. If he is faithful to his bishop's directives, his bishop is wrong. If the bishop is carrying out a GOARCH policy, then the Synod is wrong. Just plain wrong no matter which way you look at it. I hope and pray that this is an instance of miscommunication.