OrthodoxChristianity.net
November 26, 2014, 01:52:31 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Help with lesson planning please  (Read 288 times) Average Rating: 0
Quinault
Protokentarchos

Faith: Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Antiochian

What about frogs? I like frogs!

« on: December 10, 2011, 11:05:23 PM »

I teach the 4-5 year olds at our parish. This is my first year teaching and I want to do a project with them that might seem slightly ambitious. I bought some cheap wood frames at the craft store. I want to have the children glue/affix/decoupage icons for each week of Great Lent around the edges each week ending in the Resurrection in the center. I will be starting this project with them in late January so we can be about a week ahead. I am due with our 5th child March 13/15. But I haven't gone past 38 weeks in the past. So there is a very good chance that I may not make it past the first few days of March. Then I won't be returning to teach until after Pascha. I need to get everything prepped and ready for my sub now because January is rapidly approaching.

Could anyone please link me to some nice icons for each week? I need icons that will shrink down nicely to about 1.5" square since these are small frames. I want to make sure that the icons are still recognizable when shrunk to size.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2011, 11:06:43 PM by Quinault » Logged
ialmisry
There's nothing John of Damascus can't answer
Warned
Hypatos

Faith: جامعي Arab confesssing the Orthodox Faith of the One, Holy, Catholic and Apostolic Church
Jurisdiction: Antioch (for now), but my heart belongs to Alexandria

« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2011, 11:33:47 PM »

I teach the 4-5 year olds at our parish. This is my first year teaching and I want to do a project with them that might seem slightly ambitious. I bought some cheap wood frames at the craft store. I want to have the children glue/affix/decoupage icons for each week of Great Lent around the edges each week ending in the Resurrection in the center. I will be starting this project with them in late January so we can be about a week ahead. I am due with our 5th child March 13/15. But I haven't gone past 38 weeks in the past. So there is a very good chance that I may not make it past the first few days of March. Then I won't be returning to teach until after Pascha. I need to get everything prepped and ready for my sub now because January is rapidly approaching.

Could anyone please link me to some nice icons for each week? I need icons that will shrink down nicely to about 1.5" square since these are small frames. I want to make sure that the icons are still recognizable when shrunk to size.
Something like this?

http://orthodoxwiki.org/thumb.php?f=Sunday_of_Orthodoxy.jpg&width=200

http://orthodoxinfo.com/images/triumph.jpg

http://www.antiochian.org/sites/antiochian.org/files/images/Sunday_of_Orthodoxy.teaser-large_feature.jpg
« Last Edit: December 10, 2011, 11:42:43 PM by ialmisry » Logged

Question a friend, perhaps he did not do it; but if he did anything so that he may do it no more.
A hasty quarrel kindles fire,
and urgent strife sheds blood.
If you blow on a spark, it will glow;
if you spit on it, it will be put out;
                           and both come out of your mouth
Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: