OrthodoxChristianity.net
September 23, 2014, 02:47:08 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Prayers in Aramaic, Hebrew, and Arabic  (Read 2130 times) Average Rating: 0
Cantor Krishnich
High Elder

Faith: Eastern Orthodox Christianity
Jurisdiction: Pan-Orthodox Christianity

Mar Ahmed the Daftadar

« on: December 06, 2011, 03:29:56 PM »

I would like to ask an Oriental Orthodox christian to please transliterate some basic prayers from liturgical Aramaic/Syriac/Assyrian or Arabic text into Phonetic transliterated Aramaic/Syriac/Assyrian. I dont know how to read the Arabic or Syriac/Assyrian text and that why I would like the prayers posted using the Latin/English alphabet. I have been hearing these beautiful languages in prayers and want to know how to pray them in church and in my private prayers. If there are any Hebrew speakers out there, please feel free to post prayers in Hebrew also!

The prayer I would like translated are: Psalm 51(50) "Have Mercy on me O God, Pslam 130(129) "Out of the Dephts", Psalm 34(33) "I will bless the Lord at all times, his praise shall contiously be in my mouth", The Creed, The Canticle of Simeon (Luke 2: 29-32) "Lord now let your servant depart in peace", The Canticle of Zechariah (Luke I: 68-79) "Blessed be the God of Israel", John 1: 1-17, and the Axion Estin chant "It is truly meet to bless thee O Lady Theotokos".

I know this alot but if people can post the prayers in these languages or send them to me in the transliterated language, It would be GREATLY appreciated.   Smiley

Thanks,
ICXC NIKA

Most Holy Theotokos, Save Us!
Lord Jesus Christ, Son of God, Have Mercy Upon Me a Sinner!
Cantor Krishnich
High Elder

Mar Ahmed the Daftadar

« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2011, 04:13:43 PM »

I would like to ask an Oriental Orthodox christian to please transliterate some basic prayers from liturgical Aramaic/Syriac/Assyrian or Arabic text into Phonetic transliterated Aramaic/Syriac/Assyrian. I dont know how to read the Arabic or Syriac/Assyrian text and that why I would like the prayers posted using the Latin/English alphabet. I have been hearing these beautiful languages in prayers and want to know how to pray them in church and in my private prayers. If there are any Hebrew speakers out there, please feel free to post prayers in Hebrew also!

The prayer I would like translated are: Psalm 51(50) "Have Mercy on me O God, Pslam 130(129) "Out of the Dephts", Psalm 34(33) "I will bless the Lord at all times, his praise shall contiously be in my mouth", The Creed, The Canticle of Simeon (Luke 2: 29-32) "Lord now let your servant depart in peace", The Canticle of Zechariah (Luke I: 68-79) "Blessed be the God of Israel", John 1: 1-17, and the Axion Estin chant "It is truly meet to bless thee O Lady Theotokos".

I know this alot but if people can post the prayers in these languages or send them to me in the transliterated language, It would be GREATLY appreciated.   

Thanks,
ICXC NIKA

Cantor Krishnich
High Elder

Mar Ahmed the Daftadar

« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2011, 06:44:12 PM »

*BUMP*

Cantor Krishnich
High Elder

Mar Ahmed the Daftadar

« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2011, 06:44:47 PM »

*BUMP*

Tags: Aramaic  Hebrew  Arabic  prayers  Oriental  Assyrian  Syriac  languages 
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: