Author Topic: "propers" for vespers & matins in traditional language  (Read 2471 times)

Offline pilgrim727

• OC.net
"propers" for vespers & matins in traditional language
« on: August 31, 2004, 09:07:40 PM »
I have a book with the various hours in a modern style of English and have downloaded the traditional-language form from the internet.  However, I have found the troparia, etc. for each day only in the modern style of language on the internet.  I cannot afford to buy triodion, pentecostarion, and menaion for each month; so, is there any website with these readings for vespers and matins?

Also, how do I find on which days the canon is used at matins and which odes are sung?

Porter
NULL

Offline spartacus

• Elder
  • OC.net
Re:"propers" for vespers & matins in traditional language
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2004, 11:05:11 AM »
I have a book with the various hours in a modern style of English and have downloaded the traditional-language form from the internet.  However, I have found the troparia, etc. for each day only in the modern style of language on the internet.  I cannot afford to buy triodion, pentecostarion, and menaion for each month; so, is there any website with these readings for vespers and matins?

Also, how do I find on which days the canon is used at matins and which odes are sung?

Porter

I would direct you to pose this question to the priest at your parish.

Offline Asteriktos

• Hypatos
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2004, 11:25:40 AM »
Regarding Troparia and a few other such things, the Horologion by Holy Transfiguration Monastery has those for the entire year (and the cycle of services as well). It also is in "traditional" language. However,  I think it is about $120, and it is quite large (way too big to hold during an entire service, if that's what you are used to; you'd need a table or podium or something).
"The soul is dyed the color of its thoughts. Think only on those things that are in line with your principles and can bear the light of day. The content of your character is your choice. Day by day, what you do is who you become. Your integrity is your destiny--it is the light that guides your way." - Heraclitus

Offline icxn

• Elder
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2004, 03:32:56 PM »
On the other hand .... you can just pray simply... if prayer is what you are after that is. :)