OrthodoxChristianity.net
December 19, 2014, 03:27:40 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: "propers" for vespers & matins in traditional language  (Read 1459 times) Average Rating: 0
pilgrim727

OC.net

« on: August 31, 2004, 09:07:40 PM »

I have a book with the various hours in a modern style of English and have downloaded the traditional-language form from the internet.  However, I have found the troparia, etc. for each day only in the modern style of language on the internet.  I cannot afford to buy triodion, pentecostarion, and menaion for each month; so, is there any website with these readings for vespers and matins?

Also, how do I find on which days the canon is used at matins and which odes are sung?

Porter

NULL
spartacus
Elder

OC.net

« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2004, 11:05:11 AM »

I have a book with the various hours in a modern style of English and have downloaded the traditional-language form from the internet.  However, I have found the troparia, etc. for each day only in the modern style of language on the internet.  I cannot afford to buy triodion, pentecostarion, and menaion for each month; so, is there any website with these readings for vespers and matins?

Also, how do I find on which days the canon is used at matins and which odes are sung?

Porter

I would direct you to pose this question to the priest at your parish.
Justin Kissel
Formerly Asteriktos
Protospatharios

« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2004, 11:25:40 AM »

Regarding Troparia and a few other such things, the Horologion by Holy Transfiguration Monastery has those for the entire year (and the cycle of services as well). It also is in "traditional" language. However,  I think it is about $120, and it is quite large (way too big to hold during an entire service, if that's what you are used to; you'd need a table or podium or something).

"By the way he dies as a human being he shows us what it is to be God." - Fr. John Behr
icxn
Elder

« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2004, 03:32:56 PM »

On the other hand .... you can just pray simply... if prayer is what you are after that is. Smiley
Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: